- Functional neuroimaging and childhood autism
Service de Radiologie Pediatrique, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Pediatr Radiol 32:1-7. 2002
..These results suggest that different connections between particular cortical regions could exist in autism. The purpose of this review is to present the main results of rest and activation studies performed in autism...
- Autism, the superior temporal sulcus and social perception
URM 0205 Brain Imaging in Psychiatry, INSERM CEA, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA, 4 Place du General Leclerc, Orsay 91406, France
Trends Neurosci 29:359-66. 2006
..This review is part of the INMED/TINS special issue "Nature and nurture in brain development and neurological disorders", based on presentations at the annual INMED/TINS symposium (http://inmednet.com/)...
- Neurobehavioral profile and brain imaging study of the 22q13.3 deletion syndrome in childhood
National Institute of Health and Medical Research and Department of Genetics, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Pediatrics 122:e376-82. 2008
..Our goal is to contribute to the description of the neurobehavioral phenotype and brain abnormalities of this microdeletional syndrome...
- Perception of complex sounds: abnormal pattern of cortical activation in autism
ERM 0205, Division of Life Sciences, Department of Medical Research, INSERM CEA Service Hospitalier Frédéric Joliot, 4 Place du General Leclerc, 91406 Orsay, France
Am J Psychiatry 160:2057-60. 2003
..In normal adults, these regions are activated by listening to speech-like sounds. To investigate auditory cortical processing in autism, the authors performed a positron emission tomography activation study...
- Perception of complex sounds in autism: abnormal auditory cortical processing in children
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, 4 Place du General Leclerc, 91406 Orsay, France
Am J Psychiatry 161:2117-20. 2004
..Here, they investigated whether this abnormal cortical processing was also present in children with primary autism...
- Autism severity and temporal lobe functional abnormalities
Isabelle Gendry Meresse
ERM 0205 Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Médicale CEA, Service Hospitalier F Joliot, DSV, DRM, CEA, Orsay, France
Ann Neurol 58:466-9. 2005
..The more severe the autistic syndrome, the more rCBF is low in this region, suggesting that left superior temporal hypoperfusion is related to autistic behavior severity...
- Processing of voices in deafness rehabilitation by auditory brainstem implant
CEA INSERM U797 Research Unit of Neuroimaging and Psychiatry, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, IFR49, Orsay, France
Neuroimage 47:1792-6. 2009
..ABI patients had consequently developed enhanced visual strategies to keep interacting with their environment...
- Brain voice processing with bilateral cochlear implants: a positron emission tomography study
CEA Inserm U1000 Neuroimaging and Psychiatry, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, IFR49, 91401, Orsay, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 271:3187-93. 2014
- Abnormal cortical voice processing in autism
ERM 0205, INSERM CEA, DRM, DSV, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, 4, place du General Leclerc, 91406, Orsay, France
Nat Neurosci 7:801-2. 2004
..These findings suggest abnormal cortical processing of socially relevant auditory information in autism...
- Autism: functional brain mapping of exceptional calendar capacity
Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, DRM, DSV, CEA, 4 Place du General Leclerc 91406, Orsay, France
Br J Psychiatry 187:83-6. 2005
..Autistic savants' are individuals with autism who have extraordinary skills. Brain mechanisms underlying such capacities are still unknown...
- Voxelwise multivariate statistics and brain-wide machine learning using the full diffusion tensor
Anne Laure Fouque
CEA, Neurospin, LNAO, Saclay, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 14:9-16. 2011
..This approach was tested on data obtained from 30 children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder and showed some improvement over the FA-only analysis...
- MRI findings in 77 children with non-syndromic autistic disorder
INSERM CEA U 797, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, CEA, Orsay, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4415. 2009
..Our main objective was to evaluate the prevalence of brain abnormalities in a large group of children with a non-syndromic autistic disorder (AD) using T1, T2 and FLAIR MRI sequences...
- Feature selection and classification of imbalanced datasets: application to PET images of children with autistic spectrum disorders
CEA, Neurospin, LNAO, Gif sur Yvette, France
Neuroimage 57:1003-14. 2011
..This work offers exciting possibilities for early autism detection and/or the evaluation of treatment response in individual patients...
- Significant correlation between a set of genetic polymorphisms and a functional brain network revealed by feature selection and sparse Partial Least Squares
Edith Le Floch
Laboratoire de Neuroimagerie Assistée par Ordinateur, NeuroSpin Center, I2BM, DSV, CEA, Gif sur Yvette, France
Neuroimage 63:11-24. 2012
..However, the significant association uncovered by this two-step approach combining univariate filtering and L1-regularised PLS suggests that discovering meaningful genetic associations calls for a multivariate approach...
- Cochlear implant benefits in deafness rehabilitation: PET study of temporal voice activations
CEA INSERM U797 Research Unit Neuroimaging and Psychiatry, Service Hospitalier Frederic Joliot, IFR49, Orsay, France
J Nucl Med 49:60-7. 2008
..To test this hypothesis, we studied the activation of human temporal voice areas (TVA) using a well-standardized PET paradigm adapted from previous functional MRI (fMRI) studies...
- Temporal lobe epilepsy and social behavior: an animal model for autism?
Joao Carlos M Marin
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Epilepsy Behav 13:43-6. 2008
..The results suggest an important role for the temporal lobe in regulating social behaviors. This animal model might be used to explore some questions about ASD pathophysiology...