- Biofunctionalized calcium phosphate cement to enhance the attachment and osteodifferentiation of stem cells released from fast-degradable alginate-fibrin microbeads
Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Division, Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 18:1583-95. 2012
..The released cells on CPC differentiated into the osteogenic lineage and synthesized bone minerals. The new biofunctionalized CPC with hUCMSC-encapsulating microbeads is promising for bone regeneration applications...
- Secondary healing after removal of large keratocystic odontogenic tumor in the mandible: enucleation followed by open packing of iodoform gauze
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:1523-30. 2012
..The aim of this retrospective study was to present the findings of an open packing method after enucleation of large keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs) in the mandible...
- Rapid lengthening of rabbit mandibular ramus by using nitinol spring: a preliminary study
Hong Zhi Zhou
Department of Stomatology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing, P R China
J Craniofac Surg 15:725-9. 2004
..This preliminary study demonstrates the possibility of spring-mediated rapid mandibular lengthening across an osteotomy. However, the method needs additional scientific investigation for its clinical feasibility...
- Transport distraction osteogenesis using nitinol spring: an exploration in canine mandible
Hong Zhi Zhou
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Stomatological Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, PR China
J Craniofac Surg 17:943-9. 2006
- In vivo self-expanding engineering of bone
Hong Zhi Zhou
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, 145 West Changle Road, Xi an, PR China
Med Hypotheses 73:528-30. 2009
..Our hypothesis integrates the existing knowledge and technologies, and could be a hopeful strategy for more convenient and safe use of bone engineering in clinics...
- [Reconstruction of segmental mandibular defect of canine using titanium-nickel distractor]
Hong Zhi Zhou
Department of Stomatology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 38:333-5. 2003
..To establish a continuous and automatic distraction osteogenesis technique in reconstruction of segmental mandibular defect by using embedded titanium-nickel alloy distractor with characteristics of shape-memory and super-elasticity...
- Influence of the lateral pterygoid muscle on traumatic temporomandibular joint bony ankylosis
Tian Ge Deng
State Key Laboratory of Military Stomatology, National Clinical Research Center for Oral Diseases, Shaanxi Clinical Research Center for Oral Diseases, Department of Oral Surgery, School of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, 145 West Changle Road, Xi an, 710032, China
BMC Oral Health 16:62. 2016
..The pathogenesis of traumatic TMJ ankylosis remains unclear. This study aimed to verify the role of the lateral pterygoid muscle in the pathogenesis of traumatic temporomandibular joint (TMJ) bony ankylosis...
- Effect of hepatoma H22 on lymphatic endothelium in vitro
Electron Microscopy Center, School of Basic Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:3428-32. 2004
..To determine the effect of metastatic hepatoma cells on lymphangioma-derived endothelium, and to establish in vitro model systems for assessing metastasis-related response of lymphatic endothelium...
- [Le Fort III osteotomy and medium position distraction for mid-facial hypoplasia]
Chun Ming Liu
General Hospital and Postgraduate Medical College of China PLA, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Zheng Xing Wai Ke Za Zhi 20:41-4. 2004
..To probe the possibility of distraction osteogenesis for correction of mid-facial hypplasia using a new technique...