- Pediatric testicular torsion epidemiology using a national database: incidence, risk of orchiectomy and possible measures toward improving the quality of care
Lee C Zhao
Department of Urology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Urol 186:2009-13. 2011
..We determined the modern incidence of testicular torsion as well as the current rates of orchiectomy and attempted testicular salvage, and identified the risk factors for testicular loss...
- Outcomes after urethroplasty for radiotherapy induced bulbomembranous urethral stricture disease
Matthias D Hofer
Department of Urology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
J Urol 191:1307-12. 2014
..We increased size and followup in our multi-institutional cohort, and evaluated excision and primary anastomosis as treatment for radiotherapy induced urethral strictures...
- Reconstruction of traumatic and reoperative anterior urethral strictures via excisional techniques
Lee C Zhao
Department of Urology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
Urol Clin North Am 40:403-6. 2013
..Nevertheless, by experienced clinicians, reoperative urethral reconstruction can be completed with success rates comparable with those of primary urethroplasty. ..
- Impact of increasing prevalence of minimally invasive prostatectomy on open prostatectomy observed in the national inpatient sample and national surgical quality improvement program
Matthias D Hofer
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Endourol 27:102-7. 2013
..We analyzed how the increasing prevalence of MIP has affected the outcomes of MIP and open radical prostatectomy (RRP)...
- Nationwide emergency department visits for priapism in the United States
Daniel M Stein
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Sex Med 10:2418-22. 2013
..The epidemiology of priapism is not well characterized. A small number of studies based on inpatient data or small population samples have estimated the incidence to range from 0.34 to 1.5 cases per 100,000 males...
- Outcomes of robotic-assisted laparoscopic upper urinary tract reconstruction: 250 consecutive patients
Department of Urology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 116:604-11. 2015
..To evaluate the long-term outcomes of robotic-assisted laparoscopic (RAL) upper urinary tract (UUT) reconstruction performed at a tertiary referral centre...
- Malleable penile prosthesis is a cost-effective treatment for refractory ischemic priapism
Timothy J Tausch
Department of Urology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Sex Med 12:824-6. 2015
..Acute insertion of a malleable penile prosthesis (MPP) has been reported as an effective therapy that treats the priapism and restores sexual function...
- Completely intracorporeal robotic-assisted laparoscopic augmentation enterocystoplasty with continent catheterizable channel
Andrew S Flum
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL Electronic address
Urology 84:1314-8. 2014
..To report our results from series of robotic-assisted laparoscopic augmentation enterocystoplasty (RALAE) performed in a completely intracorporeal fashion...
- Transcorporal artificial urinary sphincter cuff placement is associated with a higher risk of postoperative urinary retention
Paul J Smith
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
Can J Urol 20:6773-7. 2013
..To explore the association of artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) cuff sizes and placement techniques with the development of postoperative urinary retention...
- Clinical characteristics and surgical outcomes of penetrating external genital injuries
Marc A Bjurlin
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Cook County Hospital, Cook County Health and Hospitals System, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:839-44. 2013
..A paucity of data exists on the incidence, clinical characteristics, and management outcomes of these injuries because few institutions have the volume to report their experience...
- Screening urine analysis before bacille Calmette-Guérin instillation does not reduce the rate of infectious complications
Lee C Zhao
Department of Urology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
BJU Int 109:1819-21. 2012
..This study suggests that screening urine analysis prior to bacille Calmette-Guérin instillation did not affect the rate of urinary tract infections...
- Incidence and outcomes of ductal carcinoma of the prostate in the USA: analysis of data from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results program
Joshua J Meeks
Northwestern University, Department of Urology, Chicago, IL, USA
BJU Int 109:831-4. 2012