- Comparative study of different surgical transposition methods for ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow
Department of Neurosurgery, Xinhua Hospital, Affiliated to Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Medicine, Kongjiang Road 1665, Shanghai 200092, China
J Int Med Res 39:1766-72. 2011
..In conclusion, subcutaneous ulnar nerve transposition is recommended for grade I patients and modified submuscular ulnar nerve transposition for grade II and III patients...
- Neuronavigator-guided percutaneous radiofrequency thermocoagulation in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia
W C Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Xinhua Hospital, Affiliated to Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Medicine, 200092 Shanghai, China
Ir J Med Sci 181:7-13. 2012
..The object of this study was to assess the clinical value of neuronavigator-guided percutaneous radiofrequency thermocoagulation in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia...
- Natriuretic peptides, antidiuretic hormone and hyponatraemia after acute craniocerebral injury
Department of Neurosurgery, Xinhua Hospital, Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
J Int Med Res 36:648-55. 2008
..Hyponatraemic ACI patients require different treatment based on the cause of their central hyponatraemia, so it is important to undertake a comprehensive analysis of each patient's physiological status...
- Two new chemical constituents from Daphne odora Thunb. var. marginata
College of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Nat Prod Res 20:1290-4. 2006
..Compounds 1 and 2 were tested for cytotoxic activity by MTT assays on five human tumour cell lines, K562, A549, MCF-7, LOVO and HepG2. Compound 1 showed obvious cytotoxic activity against all the five cell lines...
- [Preparation of genetically engineered retinal pigment epithelial cells capable of secreting nerve growth factor]
Department of Ophthalmology, The Third Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 37:181-4. 2001
- The expression of estrogen receptors and the effects of estrogen on human periodontal ligament cells
Department of Orthodontics, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 29:329-35. 2007
..Moreover, when exposed to 17-beta estradiol, PDLcs exhibited positive modulation on ALP activity and osteocalcin production. The study suggests that estrogen and ERs may play an important role in periodontal diseases...
- Bench-scale study using PVA gel as a biocarrier in a UASB reactor treating corn steep liquor wastewater
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, 2 39 1, Kurokami, Kumamoto 860 8555, Japan
Water Sci Technol 56:65-71. 2007
..In contrast, very few small natural granules developed apart from PVA-gel nuclei indicating that PVA gel may serve well as a seeding material to enhance granulation when natural occurrence is lacking...
- CT virtual endoscopy of the auditory ossicular chain: clinical applications
Department of CT and MRI, Air Force General Hospital, Beijing 100036, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:1015-8. 2001
..To evaluate the clinical applications and limitations of CT virtual endoscopy (CTVE) in the auditory ossicular chain...
- Phylogeny of the grass family (Poaceae) from rpl16 intron sequence data
Department of Botany, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 15:135-46. 2000
..The study also indicated that the chloroplast noncoding region sequence data could be useful in phylogenetic analysis at relatively high taxonomic levels...
- New lead structures in antifungal drug discovery
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, 325 Guohe Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Curr Med Chem 18:733-66. 2011
..In particular, we pay more attention on the structure-activity relationship of antifungal leads and provide perspectives for future antifungal drug discovery...
- MicroRNA-320 expression in myocardial microvascular endothelial cells and its relationship with insulin-like growth factor-1 in type 2 diabetic rats
X H Wang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:181-8. 2009
..Transfection of an miR-320 inhibitor may be a therapeutic approach for the treatment of impaired angiogenesis in diabetes...
- Placental leptin correlates with intrauterine fetal growth and development
Shanghai Institute of Pediatrics, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200092, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:636-9. 2001
..To study the role of placental leptin in intrauterine cord leptin production and its relationship with neonatal anthropometry...
- The antitumor activity of TRAIL and IL-24 with replicating oncolytic adenovirus in colorectal cancer
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Cancer Gene Ther 13:1011-22. 2006
..We demonstrated for the first time the potential therapeutic effect of combined ZD55-IL-24 with ZD55-TRAIL for the targeted therapy of cancer...
- Rapid activation of ERK1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinase by corticosterone in PC12 cells
Institute of Neuroscience, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 287:1017-24. 2001
..Taken together, these data clearly demonstrated that B might act via putative membrane receptor and rapidly activate Erk1/2 MAPK through protein kinase C alpha in PC12 cells...
- Halichondria sulfonic acid, a new HIV-1 inhibitory guanidino-sulfonic acid, and halistanol sulfate isolated from the marine sponge Halichondria rugosa Ridley & Dendy
Marine Bio products Engineering Group, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
Nat Prod Res 20:1129-35. 2006
..The structure of 1 was elucidated by analysis of spectroscopic and crystal data...
- Two new xanthones from Hypericum japonicum
Department of Phytochemistry, College of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Nat Prod Res 20:1237-40. 2006
..The structural elucidation of the isolated compounds were primarily based on HREIMS, EIMS, UV, IR, 1D-, and 2D-NMR analyses, including COSY, HMQC, HMBC, and NOESY correlations...
- Anaerobic bio-hydrogen production using pre-heated river sediments as seed sludge
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, PR China
Water Sci Technol 52:31-9. 2005
..3-1.4 mol-H2/mol-glucose, and the hydrogen content in the gas was 52.3%. The effluent of the bio-reactor contained some small molecular organics, mainly including ethanol, acetate, butyrate and their molar proportion is 1:1:0.6...
- Two new flavanes and bioactive compounds from Daphne tangutica Maxim
Center of Pharmaceutical Analysis, College of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Nat Prod Res 21:1021-6. 2007
..Their structures were established on the basis of chemical, physicochemical, and spectroscopic evidences. Two compounds 3 and 4 were noted to have the most marked antitumor activity in vivo assay...
- Oral administration of grape seed proanthocyanidin extracts downregulate RAGE dependant nuclear factor- kappa BP65 expression in the hippocampus of streptozotocin induced diabetic rats
Department of Geriatrics, Qi Lu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:215-24. 2008
..In addition, it implicates the potential pathological role of RAGE and NF-kappaBP65 in diabetic encephalopathy...
- Expression of drug pathway proteins is independent of tumour type
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA, and Department of Pathology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pathol 209:213-9. 2006
..Cluster analysis identified a variety of tumours with the same pharmacological profile. The anatomy independence of drug pathways stimulates efforts to move away from our traditional approaches to the selection of cancer therapy...
- A single-gene biomarker identifies breast cancers associated with immature cell type and short duration of prior breastfeeding
W F Symmans
Department of Pathology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:1059-69. 2005
..036). GABApi gene expression is increased in breast cancers of immature (undifferentiated) cell type and is significantly associated with shorter lifetime history of breastfeeding and with high-grade breast cancer in Hispanic women...
- The effect of citrate, oxalate, acetate, silicate and phosphate on stability of synthetic arsenic-loaded ferrihydrite and Al-ferrihydrite
Division of Science and Engineering, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia 6150, Australia
J Hazard Mater 124:95-100. 2005
- Toxicity and detoxification of lipid-derived aldehydes in cultured retinal pigmented epithelial cells
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0647, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 204:122-34. 2005
..Preventing HNE formation by a combined strategy of antioxidants, scavenging HNE by thionein peptide, and inhibiting apoptosis by caspase inhibitors may offer a potential therapy to limit retinal degeneration in ARMD...
- Structure of the Maize streak virus geminate particle
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-1392, USA
Virology 279:471-7. 2001
..The reconstructed density map and MSV-N pseudo-atomic model demonstrate that the geminate particle has a stable, defined structure...
- Enhancement of the antiproliferative function of p53 by phosphorylation at serine 20: an inference from site-directed mutagenesis studies
J R Jabbur
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Mol Med 7:163-8. 2001
..These results suggest that the phosphorylation of p53 at Ser20 is an important mechanism in the activation of the p53/p21 cell-growth inhibitory pathways in response to DNA damage by IR and UV...
- Equilibrium and kinetics studies of transnitrosation between S-nitrosothiols and thiols
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:433-6. 2001
..The kinetic behavior of BSANO/RSH transfer can be related to both the acidity of sulfhydryl group and the electronic structure in thiol...
- Identification of a novel type I cytokine receptor CRL2 preferentially expressed by human dendritic cells and activated monocytes
Institute of Immunology, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai, 200433, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:878-83. 2001
..We also prepared a CRL2Ig fusion protein. The identification of its ligand and involvement of signal transduction will help to elucidate its potential function...
- Site-specific acetylation by p300 or CREB binding protein regulates erythroid Krüppel-like factor transcriptional activity via its interaction with the SWI-SNF complex
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:2413-22. 2001
- Solution structure of the transcriptional activation domain of the bacteriophage T4 protein, MotA
Department of Structural Biology, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale Street, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Biochemistry 40:4293-302. 2001
..Our work highlights the importance of investigating protein structures in both crystals and solution to fully understand biomolecular structure and to accurately deduce relationships between structure and function...
- An eukaryotic-type serine/threonine protein kinase involved in the carbon source-dependent pigment biosynthesis in Amycolatopsis mediterranei U32
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Shanghai, 200032, People's Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:357-62. 2001
..mediterranei chromosomal DNA. The phenotypic analysis of the mutant suggested that pkmA gene is involved in carbon source-dependent pigment formation in A. mediterranei U32...
- Fluorescence characteristic study of the ternary complex of fluoroquinolone antibiotics and cobalt (II) with ATP
Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, People's Republic of China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 57:1317-23. 2001
..The interaction of fluoroquinolone antibiotic with the nucleotide occurs mainly through the phosphate group. The conclusion offers a more complete mechanism, which is important for understanding the interaction of these drugs with DNA...
- [A simulating study of biophysical features along meridians on a gel model]
Institute of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 18:357-61. 2001
..The results suggest that the specific biophysical feature along meridians may be caused by a continuous rich distribution of interstitial fluid which mainly contains salt, water and protein...
- [Fingerprints of Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae]
Tasly Group Co. Ltd, Tianjin 300142
Zhong Yao Cai 24:478-80. 2001
..And there were obvious differences between the fingerprints of Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae from Shangluo and from Tianjin market of medicinal materials...
- [Modulation of human small cell lung cancer cell line GLC4/ADR multidrug resistance in the inhibition of multidrug resistance-associated protein and its antisense]
Departments of Medical Oncology and Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Cancer Institute (Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 23:355-8. 2001
..The antisense RNA may be a useful treatment in combination with the conventional chemotherapy for SCLC, in which the MRP overexpression usually occurs...
- Preautonomic neurons in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus contain estrogen receptor beta
J E Stern
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Wright State University, 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45345, USA
Brain Res 975:99-109. 2003
- An involvement of trigeminal mesencephalic neurons in regulation of occlusal vertical dimension in the guinea pig
Department of Oral Physiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita, Japan
J Dent Res 82:565-9. 2003
..The time-course of OVD development in normal-bite animals with MesV lesions was similar to that of naïve controls. These results suggest that MesV neurons are involved in OVD regulation...
- Cre/lox-mediated marker gene excision in transgenic maize (Zea mays L.) plants
Monsanto Company, 700 Chesterfield Parkway North, St Louis, MO 63017 1732, USA
Theor Appl Genet 107:1157-68. 2003
..The autoexcision strategy provides a way of removing the selectable marker gene from callus or other tissues such as embryos and kernels...
- Solution structure of the human Hck SH3 domain and identification of its ligand binding site
D A Horita
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, MD, 21702 1201, USA
J Mol Biol 278:253-65. 1998
..These structures are interpreted as the apo- and holo- forms of the Hck SH3 domain...