- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 is associated with apoptotic cell death during development and tissue remodeling
Department of Genetics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032
Dev Biol 183:222-33. 1997
..These observations provide new insight into the possible function of this novel Cdk during both differentiation and apoptotic cell death...
- Immunogenicity of a recombinant fusion protein of tandem repeat epitopes of foot-and-mouth disease virus type Asia 1 for guinea pigs
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Acta Virol 46:1-9. 2002
..The fusion protein reported here can serve as a candidate of fusion epitopes for design of a vaccine against FMDV type Asia 1...
- A recombinant fusion protein and DNA vaccines against foot-and-mouth disease virus type Asia 1 infection in guinea pigs
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Acta Virol 47:237-43. 2003
- Effects of the polysaccharide fraction of Urtica fissa on castrated rat prostate hyperplasia induced by testosterone propionate
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Taiping Road 27, Beijing 100850, China
Phytomedicine 15:722-7. 2008
..Histopathological examination showed that proliferation of prostatic epithelial cells and fibrotic tissues were significantly inhibited...
- Mortality of neonatal respiratory failure from Chinese northwest NICU network
a Departments of Pediatrics and Neonatology, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med . 2016
- Techniques developed in China for foot-and-mouth disease diagnosis
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agriculture Science, Xujiaping No 1, Yanchangpu, Lanzhou, Gansu 730046, China
Transbound Emerg Dis 55:196-9. 2008
..Combined use of 3ABC-ELISA and mRT-PCR is described for survey of FMD virus-prevalent herds and virus carriers...
- Rational design of novel, potent piperazinone and imidazolidinone BACE1 inhibitors
J N Cumming
Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:3236-41. 2008
..The key feature of both series is a cyclic amine motif specifically crafted to achieve interactions with both the flap and with the S2' pocket...
- [Study of unified analytical method of compatibleness for traditional Chinese medicines. I. Separation, recognition of characteristic components and fingerprint analysis for single and complex medicines]
Z Z Zhang
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116011, China
Se Pu 19:239-42. 2001
..This is the first part of the results of compatibleness analysis for TCM...
- [Characterization and recognition key components in Astragalus membranaceus]
Z Z Zhang
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116011, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 36:523-7. 2001
..The method of multi-component quantitative recognition in Astragalus membranaceus was developed. The method is convenient and reproducible. It can be widely used for the quality control of the Astragalus membranaceus...
- Fractalkine in the peritoneal fluid of women with endometriosis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 91:36-41. 2005
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the presence of fractalkine in the ascites and the association between fractalkine levels in the ascites and endometriosis...
- Tumor necrosis factor prevents alendronate-induced osteoclast apoptosis in vivo by stimulating Bcl-xL expression through Ets-2
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:2708-18. 2005
..To investigate why bisphosphonates are less effective at preventing focal bone loss in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients than in those with generalized osteoporosis, and the mechanisms involved...
- [Induced tolerance to cardiac allografts with intrathymic injection of donor spleen cells]
Department of Surgery, Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 39:945-7. 2001
..01). CONCLUSIONS: The role of thymus as a special site for induction and maintenance of specific immunological unresponsiveness to organ allografts was confirmed. T cell clonal deletion may play an important role in this immune tolerance...
- The expression of fractalkine in the endometrium during the menstrual cycle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 92:242-7. 2006
..The objective of the study was to evaluate the presence of fractalkine in the endometrium of the uterus and the change of fractalkine protein levels during menstrual cycle...
- Endogenous overproduction of beta-amyloid induces tau hyperphosphorylation and decreases the solubility of tau in N2a cells
Y P Wang
Pathophysiology Department, Huazhong University of Science and Technical, Wuhan, China
J Neural Transm 113:1723-32. 2006
..This study provides direct evidence demonstrating that endogenously overproduced A beta not only induces tau hyperphosphorylation but also decreases the level and solubility of tau in N2a cell lines...
- Cloning and molecular characterization of three novel LMW-i glutenin subunit genes from cultivated einkorn (Triticum monococcum L.)
Key Laboratory of Genetics and Biotechnology, College of Life Science, Capital Normal University, 100037, Beijing, China
Theor Appl Genet 113:383-95. 2006
..92 million years ago (MYA) while the differentiation of A(m) and A genomes was estimated at 3.98 MYA...
- Urocortin ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in obese db/db mice
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Br J Pharmacol 154:1025-34. 2008
..However, it is not clear if urocortin has any effect on diabetic nephropathy...
- Gossypol with methyltestosterone and ethinylestradiol male does not affect rat spermatogonial stem cell differentiation
Experimental Animal Center of Sun Yat sen ZhongShan University, Guangzhou, Guangdong
Arch Androl 53:91-8. 2007
..These results indicated that the administration of this regimen did not affect the existence and differentiation potential of spermatogonial stem cells of the regimen-treated rats...
- Effect of polysavone (alfalfa extract) on abdominal fat deposition and immunity in broiler chickens
X F Dong
State Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition, Institute of Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, China 100094
Poult Sci 86:1955-9. 2007
..These results showed that polysavone may decrease abdominal fat deposition and enhance immunity without an adverse effect on the performance of broiler chickens...
- U19/Eaf2 knockout causes lung adenocarcinoma, B-cell lymphoma, hepatocellular carcinoma and prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia
Department of Urology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Oncogene 27:1536-44. 2008
..The U19/Eaf2 knockout mouse also provides a unique animal model for three important cancers: lung adenocarcinoma, B-cell lymphoma and hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Nasal administration of cholera toxin B subunit-nerve growth factor improves the space learning and memory abilities in beta-amyloid protein(25-35)-induced amnesic mice
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and School of Basic Medicine, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Neuroscience 155:234-40. 2008
..CB-NGF treatment has better curative effects than NGF in Alzheimer's disease model mice...
- Characterization of resistance gene analogs with a nucleotide binding site isolated from a triploid white poplar
Key Laboratory of Genetics and Breeding of Forest Trees and Ornamental Plants, Ministry of Education, Institute of Chinese White Poplars, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, China
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 10:310-22. 2008
..Our results shed light on genetic resources of poplar resistance and will be useful for further resistance gene isolation and exploitation...
- Acute influence of FK506 on T-lymphocyte populations of peripheral blood and spleen in rats
School of Medicine, Nanjing University, China
Transplant Proc 39:292-4. 2007
..Tacrolimus (FK506) is an immunosuppressive agent used in clinical transplantation. We studied the acute impact of FK506 on T-lymphocyte populations of peripheral blood and spleen in rats...
- [Cloning of HAL1 gene and characterization for salt tolerance tomato]
Plant Stress Key Lab, Shandong Normal University, Jinan 250014, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 17:658-62. 2001
..It is concluded that the over-expressing of HAL1 in tomato could enhance the salt tolerance of the transgenic tomato...
- Effect of fetal spinal cord graft with different methods on axonal pathology after spinal cord contusion
Orthopedic Center of PLA, 88th Hospital of Jinan Military Command, Tai'an 271000, China
Chin J Traumatol 4:147-51. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: It indicates that FSC and pedicled omentum grafts after SCI can protect the axons and promote the neurological function recovery of the rats...
- Tamoxifen-bound estrogen receptor (ER) strongly interacts with the nuclear matrix protein HET/SAF-B, a novel inhibitor of ER-mediated transactivation
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:369-81. 2000
..Furthermore, our data showing that HET/SAF-B binds to ER particularly strongly in the presence of tamoxifen suggests that it may be important for the antagonist effect of tamoxifen...
- Inactivating mutations and overexpression of BCL10, a caspase recruitment domain-containing gene, in MALT lymphoma with t(1;14)(p22;q32)
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Nat Genet 22:63-8. 1999
- Uncoupling protein-3: a muscle-specific gene upregulated by leptin in ob/ob mice
Department of Human Genetics, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Gene 207:1-7. 1998
..The data indicate that UCP3 encodes a muscle-specific uncoupling protein that may play an important role in the regulation of energy expenditure and development of obesity...
- Signaling through the ARK tyrosine kinase receptor protects from apoptosis in the absence of growth stimulation
Department of Microbiology and The Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Oncogene 15:2387-97. 1997
..v. irradiation or Staurosporine. These results suggest that a major function of Gas6-ARK signaling is that of increasing cell survival under conditions which do not allow cell proliferation...
- BCL6 can repress transcription from the human immunodeficiency virus type I promoter/enhancer region
B W Baron
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 19:14-21. 1997
..We conclude that the BCL6 protein can bind to the HIV-1 promoter-enhancer region and contains a domain upstream of its zinc fingers that can repress transcription from the HIV-1 LTR...
- Binding of a novel host factor to the pT181 plasmid replication enhancer
Public Health Research Institute, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Bacteriol 179:684-8. 1997
..DNase I footprinting analysis of the CBF1-cmp complexes revealed DNase I-hypersensitive sites in phase with the helical periodicity of DNA, implying that CBF1 increases distortion of the intrinsically bent cmp DNA...
- Evidence that His110 of the protein FadL in the outer membrane of Escherichia coli is involved in the binding and uptake of long-chain fatty acids: possible role of this residue in carboxylate binding
P N Black
Department of Biochemistry, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis 38163, USA
Biochem J 310:389-94. 1995
..fadLH110A was also defective in binding, arguing that the functional effect of this mutation was at the level of long-chain-fatty-acid binding.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Cloning of the murine Drm gene (Cktsf1b1) and characterization of its oncogene suppressible promoter
Basic Research Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 89:242-51. 2000
..Our results indicate that the expression of Cktsf1b1, a gene associated with early development and cell transformation, is sensitive to MKK levels and may be regulated via multiple transcription factor complexes...
- Sequence polymorphism, predicted secondary structures, and surface-exposed conformational epitopes of Campylobacter major outer membrane protein
Food Animal Health Research Program, The Ohio State University, Wooster, Ohio 44691, USA
Infect Immun 68:5679-89. 2000
..These findings are instrumental in the design of MOMP-based diagnostic tools and vaccines...
- Abnormal vesicular trafficking in mouse models of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome
R T Swank
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Pigment Cell Res 13:59-67. 2000
..Recent physiological studies have shown that mouse HPS mutants, like their human HPS counterparts, have variably reduced lifespans and may have lung abnormalities...
- The gene mutated in cocoa mice, carrying a defect of organelle biogenesis, is a homologue of the human Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome-3 gene
Human Medical Genetics Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, B161, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Genomics 78:30-7. 2001
..Analysis of coa-mutant mice and cultured coa-mutant mouse melanocytes indicates that the normal coa gene product is involved in early stages of melanosome biogenesis and maturation...
- Interdomain chaperoning between PSD-95, Dlg, and Zo-1 (PDZ) domains of glutamate receptor-interacting proteins
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Neuroscience Center, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, People's Republic of China
J Biol Chem 276:43216-20. 2001
..The interdomain chaperoning effect observed in the PDZ domains of GRIP represents a previously uncharacterized function of PDZ domains...
- Human chromosome 19 and related regions in mouse: conservative and lineage-specific evolution
DOE Joint Genome Institute, Walnut Creek, CA 94598, USA
Science 293:104-11. 2001
..Finally, we sequenced breakpoints of all 15 evolutionary rearrangements, providing a view of the forces that drive chromosome evolution in mammals...
- Production of secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor by human amniotic membranes and regulation of its concentration in amniotic fluid
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, 2-2 Yamada-oka, Suita City, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 7:573-9. 2001
..The present findings show that SLPI is produced by the amniotic membranes in response to cytokine concentrations. The SLPI in the amniotic fluid may contribute to immunodefence mechanisms during pregnancy...
- Molecular characterization of a cryptic plasmid from Campylobacter jejuni
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Food Animal Health Research Program, Wooster, Ohio 44691, USA
Plasmid 45:127-33. 2001
..Since pCJ01 is a small plasmid and can be readily prepared from C. jejuni, it may be modified for use in molecular characterization of C. jejuni virulence genes...
- [Effects of different methods of fetal spinal cord tissue transplanted on reversing the axotomy-induced neurons atrophy rats injured spinal cord]
Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, P. R. China 400042
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 15:65-8. 2001
..CONCLUSION: It indicates that the different methods of FSC tissue transplantation can maintain the neurons morphology and improve the neurological function of rats...
- Fluorous mixture synthesis: a fluorous-tagging strategy for the synthesis and separation of mixtures of organic compounds
Department of Chemistry and Center for Combinatorial Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Science 291:1766-9. 2001
..The resulting tagged products were then demixed by fluorous chromatography (eluting in order of increasing fluorine content) to provide the individual pure components of the mixture, which were detagged to release the final products...
- Structural basis of diverse sequence-dependent target recognition by the 8 kDa dynein light chain
Department of Biochemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong, Kowloon, P R China
J Mol Biol 306:97-108. 2001
..The structures of the DLC8/target peptide complexes, together with the dynamic properties of the protein, provide a molecular basis of DLC8's diverse amino acid sequence-dependent target recognition...
- Characterization of the promoter region of the porcine opn (osteopontin, secreted phosphoprotein 1) gene. Identification of positive and negative regulatory elements and a 'silent' second promoter
MRC Group in Periodontal Physiology, University of Toronto, Canada
Eur J Biochem 207:649-59. 1992
..Setoguchi, M., Yoshida, S., Higuchi, Y., Akizuki, S. & Yamamoto, S. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 14432-14438).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..