- Targeted inhibition of gene expression of pancreatitis-associated proteins exacerbates the severity of acute pancreatitis in rats
Departments of Surgery and Pathology, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, New York, NY 11203, USA
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:870-81. 2004
..While PAP has been shown to be anti-bacterial and anti-apoptotic in vitro, its definitive biological function in vivo is not clear...
- Morphology and formation mechanism of hydroxyapatite coating by hydrothermal method on CaO-SiO2-B2O3-Na2O glass
Biomaterials and Engineering Center, Wuhan University of Technology, PR China
Biomed Mater Eng 10:205-12. 2000
..Silicon element released from glass reacted with calcium produced by the dissolution of HA to form the tight reaction layer. HA coating is formed by the mechanism of dissolving-ions immigrating-precipitating pattern...
- Cilostazol as an alternative to aspirin after ischaemic stroke: a randomised, double-blind, pilot study
Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Lancet Neurol 7:494-9. 2008
..This trial aimed to compare the efficacy and safety of cilostazol with that of aspirin for the long-term prevention of the recurrence of ischaemic stroke...
- Ethnic and environmental differences in various markers of dietary intake and blood pressure among Chinese Han and three other minority peoples of China: results from the WHO Cardiovascular Diseases and Alimentary Comparison (CARDIAC) Study
Otsuka Department of International Preventive Nutritional Medicine, Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Japan
Hypertens Res 24:315-22. 2001
..Different health promotion strategies might thus be emphasized in different populations...
- Prevention of human immunodeficiency virus-related opportunistic infections in France: a cost-effectiveness analysis
Service Universitaire des Maladies Infectieuses et du Voyageur, Centre Hospitalier de Tourcoing, Faculte de Medecine de Lille, Lille, France
Clin Infect Dis 36:86-96. 2003
..Prophylaxis against fungal and cytomegalovirus infections is less cost-effective than are other therapeutic options for HIV disease and should remain of lower priority...
- A modified Zeeman model for producing HRV signals and its application to ECG signal generation
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, The University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Theor Biol 244:180-9. 2007
..Potential applications of this model include using the generated ECG as a flexible signal source to assess the effectiveness of a diagnostic ECG signal-processing device...
- [Co-metabolic degradation of pyrene in soil]
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 12:447-50. 2001
..The principle of the co-metabolism and the optimal material used as co-metabolic substrate were demonstrated in this paper...
- Dissolution behavior of hydroxyapatite coating by hydrothermal method: an in vitro study
Biomaterials and Engineering Center Wuhan University of Technology, PR China
Biomed Mater Eng 10:213-9. 2000
..The dissolution behavior of the HA coating was mainly correlated with the phase composition of the as-received HA coating and its microstructure as well as the pH value of the solution...
- [Bioslurry remediation of soil contaminated with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons]
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 22:112-6. 2001
..3% of benz[a]anthracene were degraded by Fusarium, 81.5% of pyrene and 49.2% of benz[a]anthracene were degraded by Mucor, 52% of pyrene and of 46% of benz[a]anthracene were degraded by Penicillium...
- Identification of TNF-alpha-sensitive sites in HCMVie1 promoter
The Institute for Gene Therapy and Molecular Medicine and the Recanati/Miller Transplant Institute, New York, New York 10029, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 71:106-14. 2001
..Our results provide evidence for two novel sites in the HCMVie1 promoter that are targets for TNF-alpha enhanced binding of transcription factors...
- Correlation of peripheral venous pressure and central venous pressure in surgical patients
Department of Anesthesiology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:40-3. 2001
..PVP -2 was useful in predicting CVP over common clinical ranges of CVP. PVP is a rapid noninvasive tool to estimate volume status in surgical patients...
- Signal-averaged P-wave duration does not predict atrial fibrillation after thoracic surgery
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Anesthesiology 91:16-23. 1999
..The authors sought to determine whether a prolonged SAPWD alone or in combination with clinical or echocardiographic correlates predicts AF after elective noncardiac thoracic surgery...
- Persistent alterations of the autonomic nervous system after noncardiac surgery
Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Anesthesiology 89:30-42. 1998
- Effects of diltiazem prophylaxis on the incidence and clinical outcome of atrial arrhythmias after thoracic surgery
Departments of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 120:790-8. 2000
..We sought to determine whether early prophylaxis with an L -type calcium channel blocker reduces the incidence and morbidity associated with atrial fibrillation/flutter and supraventricular tachyarrhythmia after major thoracic operations...
- Radiofrequency ablation for eradication of renal tumor in a rabbit model by using a cooled-tip electrode technique
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Ann Surg Oncol 8:651-7. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: RFA may become a promising therapy for the treatment of renal tumor. MRI is a useful modality for assessment of renal tumor ablation...
- Differential gene expression of aldolase C (ALDOC) and hypoxic adaptation in chickens
C F Wang
College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, 100094, China
Anim Genet 38:203-10. 2007
..Thus, a large amount of ATP is produced by increased glycolysis, allowing the organism to meet energy metabolism demands. As such, we believe this sequence variant is an adaptation to external anoxic environment...
- Aspirin and extended-release dipyridamole versus clopidogrel for recurrent stroke
Ralph L Sacco
Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1238-51. 2008
..Recurrent stroke is a frequent, disabling event after ischemic stroke. This study compared the efficacy and safety of two antiplatelet regimens--aspirin plus extended-release dipyridamole (ASA-ERDP) versus clopidogrel...
- Use of genotypic resistance testing to guide hiv therapy: clinical impact and cost-effectiveness
M C Weinstein
Center for Risk Analysis, Harvard School of Public Health, 718 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115-5924, USA
Ann Intern Med 134:440-50. 2001
..Primary resistance testing also seems to be reasonably cost-effective and will become more so as the prevalence of primary resistance increases...
- A missense mutation in PTCH2 underlies dominantly inherited NBCCS in a Chinese family
Molecular Laboratory for Gene Therapy, Capital Medical University School of Stomatology, Beijing, China
J Med Genet 45:303-8. 2008
..Naevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (NBCCS) is a pleiotropic, autosomal dominant disease. Growing evidence suggests that the disorder may result from mutations in genes of the Sonic hedgehog (Shh) signalling pathway...
- Impact of oral azithromycin on recurrence of trachomatous trichiasis in Nepal over 1 year
University of California School of Medicine, Children, s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 90:943-8. 2006
..The current study evaluated whether azithromycin treatment at the time of surgery could reduce recurrence...
- Role of lymphangiogenesis in epithelial ovarian cancer
S S Sundar
Ovarian Cancer Group, Cancer Research UK Molecular Oncology Laboratories, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Br J Cancer 94:1650-7. 2006
..Dissemination of ovarian cancer does not occur primarily through vascular or lymphatic routes but may occur through direct intraperitoneal spread of disease...
- Fascin is a potential biomarker for early-stage oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong Province, PR China
J Clin Pathol 59:958-64. 2006
..Reports on fascin expression in oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) and precancerous lesions remain rare...
- Relevance of ventricular electrical dispersion to arrhythmogenesis in ischemic myocardium--a simulation study
The Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of the Ministry of Education of China, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, School of Life Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, PR China
Gen Physiol Biophys 24:365-80. 2005
..This demonstrates that the dispersion of refractoriness rather than APD by a premature beat contributes to reentrant tachyarrhythmias in the locally ischemic tissue...
- Relationship of circulating MMP-2, MMP-1, and TIMP-1 levels with bone biochemical markers and bone mineral density in postmenopausal Chinese women
X H Luo
Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, 410011 Changsha, Hunan, Peoples s Republic of China
Osteoporos Int 17:521-6. 2006
..Osteoblast-derived matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2, MMP-1 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 have been shown to play a role in bone metabolism by degrading the bone matrix...
- PAK1 hyperactivation is sufficient for mammary gland tumor formation
R A Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Oncogene 25:2931-6. 2006
..Together, these findings provide the first direct evidence that Pak1 deregulation may be sufficient for the formation of mammary gland tumors...
- Membrane translocation and oligomerization of hBok are triggered in response to apoptotic stimuli and Bnip3
Department of Research and University Women s Hospital, University of Basel, Schanzenstrasse 46, 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:1015-24. 2005
..hBok was found to interact with Bnip3. Our findings suggest that functional BH3-only proteins facilite the oligomerization and insertion of hBok into the membrane to activate it...
- Gender-specific association between pulse pressure and C-reactive protein in a Chinese population
Section of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Epidemiology, Department of Cardiology, Jiangsu Provincial Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
J Hum Hypertens 19:293-9. 2005
..This cross-sectional observation warrants further investigation in prospective studies...
- Functional outcome measures as clinical trial endpoints in ALS
B J Traynor
Neurology Clinical Trials Unit, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Neurology 63:1933-5. 2004
..Rates of FVC% and ALFRS decline, but not of MVIC-arm or MVIC-grip, were independent predictors of survival...
- Telmisartan to prevent recurrent stroke and cardiovascular events
Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 359:1225-37. 2008
..We evaluated the effects of therapy with an angiotensin-receptor blocker, telmisartan, initiated early after a stroke...
- Computational evaluation of the roles of Na+ current, iNa, and cell death in cardiac pacemaking and driving
Biological Physics Group, School of Physics and Astronomy North Campus Univ of Manchester, Manchester, M60 1QD UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H165-74. 2007
..Decrease in active SA node cell population has similar effects. Combined actions of reduced cell population and removal of i(Na) from the SA node have greater impacts on weakening the ability of the SA node to pace and drive the atrium...
- Potential biomarker for early risk assessment of prostate cancer
Department of Chemistry, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66502, USA
Prostate 66:1565-71. 2006
..The objective was determining whether any of the cancer patients had formed the depurinating 4-OHE1(E2)-1-N3Ade adducts...
- Curculigo orchioides, a traditional Chinese medicinal plant, prevents bone loss in ovariectomized rats
D P Cao
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Maturitas 59:373-80. 2008
..The present study was designed to investigate the protective effects of ethanol extracts of CO on ovariectomy-induced bone loss...
- Detection of let-7a microRNA by real-time PCR in colorectal cancer: a single-centre experience from China
W J Fang
Department of Medical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
J Int Med Res 35:716-23. 2007
..To our knowledge, this is the first study of Chinese patients to show reduced expression of endogenous let-7 miRNA in colorectal cancer...
- Effects of the sample size of reference population on determining BMD reference curve and peak BMD and diagnosing osteoporosis
Y L Hou
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, 410011, People s Republic of China
Osteoporos Int 19:71-8. 2008
..It provides a reference point for determining the sample size while establishing local BMD reference databases...
- Antimicrobial resistance and serotypes of nasopharyngeal strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae in Chinese children with acute respiratory infections
Department of Respiratory Diseases and Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology, Beijing Children s Hospital Affiliated to Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
J Int Med Res 35:253-67. 2007
..In particular, these features will allow for documentation of serotype replacement after the introduction of widespread vaccination...
- [Hypoxia induced HIF-1 accumulation and VEGF expression in gastric epithelial mucosa cell: involvement of ERK1/2 and PI3K/Akt]
Mol Biol (Mosk) 42:459-69. 2008
..In conclusion, our data suggested that hypoxia- PI3K signaling through Akt and ERK kinases regulated ROS-dependent, hypoxia- induced HIF-1 activation and VEGF expression in gastric mucosa epithelial cells...
- Suppression of 5-lipoxygenase gene is involved in triptolide-induced apoptosis in pancreatic tumor cell lines
G X Zhou
Department of Gastroenterology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong 226001, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1770:1021-7. 2007
..We also provide evidence that TL has clinical therapeutic value for patients with pancreatic cancer...
- Soliton trapping in fiber lasers
L M Zhao
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 639798
Opt Express 16:9528-33. 2008
..Numerical simulations have well confirmed the experimental observations...
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatment attenuated the decrease in regional glucose metabolism of rats subjected to focal cerebral ischemia: a high resolution positron emission tomography study
Department of Neurology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University, School of Medicine, Hangzhou, 310009, People s Republic of China
Neuroscience 146:555-61. 2007
- Effects of PEEP levels following repeated recruitment maneuvers on ventilator-induced lung injury
S C Ko
The Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:514-21. 2008
..Different levels of positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) with and without a recruitment maneuver (RM) may have a significant impact on ventilator-induced lung injury but this issue has not been well addressed...
- Repression of NFAT3 transcriptional activity by estrogen receptors
Department of Molecular Oncology, Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, 27 Tai Ping Lu Rd, Beijing 100850, China
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:2752-62. 2008
..Phosphorylation of ERalpha at different sites differentially affects ERalpha modulation of NFAT3 transcriptional activity. These results suggest that ER may play a critical role in regulation of NFAT3 transcriptional activity...
- Biphenyl and benzoate metabolism in a genomic context: outlining genome-wide metabolic networks in Burkholderia xenovorans LB400
V J Denef
Center for Microbial Ecology, 540 Plant and Soil Sciences Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:4961-70. 2004
..The XeoChips showed a chip-to-chip variation of 13.9%, compared to the 21.6% variation for spotted oligonucleotide microarrays, which is less variation than that typically reported for PCR product microarrays...
- Defibrillation threshold computed from normal and supernormal excitable cardiac tissue
Biological Physics Group, Department of Physics, UMIST, P O Box 88, Manchester, M60 1QD UK
Math Biosci 188:175-90. 2004
..However, in cardiac tissue with non-monotonic recovery of excitation - a supernormal period, the computed defibrillation threshold is significantly less than the theory prediction...
- Upregulation of Fas and FasL expression in testosterone-induced apoptosis of macrophages
Division of Parasitology, School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 25:779-84. 2003
..Testosterone-induced apoptosis was associated with the enhanced expression of Fas, FasL, and caspase-8. These data suggest that the Fas/FasL system may play an important role in the testosterone-induced apoptosis of macrophages...
- Antisense inhibition of Chk2/hCds1 expression attenuates DNA damage-induced S and G2 checkpoints and enhances apoptotic activity in HEK-293 cells
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg. 37, Rm. 4E28, Bethesda, MD 20892-4255, USA
FEBS Lett 505:7-12. 2001
- Rowed to recovery: the use of phonological and orthographic information in reading Chinese and English
Department of Psychology and Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana 61801, USA
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 27:1079-100. 2001
..These results suggest that skilled readers take advantage of the special features of particular orthographies but that these orthographic effects may be most pronounced in the early stages of lexical access...
- Src-catalyzed phosphorylation of c-Cbl leads to the interdependent ubiquitination of both proteins
Departments of Cell Biology, Orthopaedics, and Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
J Biol Chem 276:35185-93. 2001
..Thus, in addition to mediating the ubiquitination of activated receptor tyrosine kinases, c-Cbl also acts as a ubiquitin ligase for the non-receptor tyrosine kinase Src, thereby down-regulating Src...
- Amplification and cloning of the full-length genome of Japanese encephalitis virus by a novel long RT-PCR protocol in a cosmid vector
Department of Microbiology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, 710032, Shaanxi, People's Republic of China
J Virol Methods 96:171-82. 2001
..The derivation of genome-size cDNA from Japanese encephalitis virus and the stable clone will facilitate investigation of this virus and elucidation of its pathogenesis at the molecular level...
- Alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypes on rat afferent arterioles assessed by radioligand binding and RT-PCR
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-7545, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 281:F172-8. 2001
..These data indicate a predominance of the alpha1A-adrenoceptor subtype in rat renal resistance vessels, with smaller densities of alpha1B- and alpha1D-adrenoceptors...
- Performance evaluation of laser-induced breakdown spectrometry as a multimetal continuous emission monitor
Diagnostic Instrumentation and Analysis Laboratory, Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi, USA
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 51:681-7. 2001
..On-line calibration of relative metal concentration was also performed in the simulated incinerator gas stream. Toxic metal concentrations measured with LIBS have been compared with the EPA reference method (RM) results...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected persons with residual disease and virus reservoirs on suppressive highly active antiretroviral therapy can be stratified into relevant virologic and immunologic subgroups
Dorrance H. Hamilton Laboratories, Center for Human Virology, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Infect Dis 183:1682-7. 2001
..Relevant subgroups of HIV-1-infected subjects on suppressive HAART with residual viral disease and reservoirs can now be stratified...
- [A computer image processing system to analyze endothelial cell-platelet thrombus quantitatively]
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 18:38-41. 2001
..The invitro thrombus model and the corresponding quantitative analysis system is useful in the studies on endothelial cells-platelets interaction and mechanism of thrombosis and atherosclerosis...
- Cloning, characterization and genomic structure of the natural killer cell enhancement factor (NKEF)-like gene from homozygous clones of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
Department of Animal Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 6351, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 25:25-35. 2001
..The cDNA and amino acid sequences of trout NKEF have high similarity with human, rat, mouse and carp sequences, therefore, indicating that NKEF is a very conserved gene...
- Involvement of retinoblastoma protein and HBP1 in histone H1(0) gene expression
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire de la Différentiation INSERM U309, Equipe, Chromatine et Expression des Gènes, Institut Albert Bonniot, Faculte de Medecine, Domaine de la Merci, La Tronche Cedex, France
Mol Cell Biol 20:6627-37. 2000
..Through modulating the expression of specific chromatin-associated proteins such as histone H1(0), HBP1 plays a vital role in chromatin remodeling events during the arrest of cell proliferation in differentiating cells...
- Assignment of a member of the ribosomal protein S6 kinase family, RPS6KA5, to human chromosome 14q31-->q32.1 by radiation hybrid mapping
Institute of Genetics, Fudan University, Shanghai, P R China
Cytogenet Cell Genet 87:261-2. 1999
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor p55-deficient mice respond to acute Yersinia enterocolitica infection with less apoptosis and more effective host resistance
Y X Zhao
Division of Rheumatology, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Infect Immun 68:1243-51. 2000
- West Nile virus infection in the golden hamster (Mesocricetus auratus): a model for West Nile encephalitis
S Y Xiao
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 7:714-21. 2001
..Hamsters offer an inexpensive model for studying the pathogenesis and treatment of WN virus encephalitis...
- Mice with a targeted deletion of the tetranectin gene exhibit a spinal deformity
The Institute of Molecular Pathology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell Biol 21:7817-25. 2001
..These results demonstrate that tetranectin plays a role in tissue growth and remodeling. The tetranectin-deficient mouse is the first mouse model that resembles common human kyphotic disorders, which affect up to 8% of the population...
- Detection of sporadic cases of hepatitis E virus (HEV) infection in China using immunoassays based on recombinant open reading frame 2 and 3 polypeptides from HEV genotype 4
Centre for Hepatology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 39:4370-9. 2001
- A comparison study of the reference curves of bone mineral density at different skeletal sites in native Chinese, Japanese, and American Caucasian women
X P Wu
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, People s Republic of China
Calcif Tissue Int 73:122-32. 2003
..In conclusion, racial differences in BMD reference curves, prevalences, and risks of osteoporosis at various skeletal sites exist among native Chinese, Japanese, and American Caucasian women...
- Long-term body weight variability is associated with elevated C-reactive protein independent of current body mass index among Japanese men
Department of Public Health Health Information Dynamics, Field of Social Life Science, Program in Health and Community Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:1059-65. 2003
..To elucidate the effect of long-term weight variability on C-reactive protein (CRP) levels...
- A consolidated linkage map for rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
K M Nichols
School of Biological Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA
Anim Genet 34:102-15. 2003
..Putative homeologous relationships among linkage groups, resulting from the autotetraploid nature of the salmonid genome, have been revealed based on the placement of duplicated microsatellites and type I loci...
- [The clinical value of the TSGF pre and post-therapy in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma(NPC)]
Department of Oncology, Medical Centre of Zhuhai, Zhuhai 519000
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 15:356-7. 2001
..CONCLUSION: Results suggested that TSGF may be useful in diagnosing and prediction of NPC...
- A single linkage group comprising 11 polymorphic DNA markers on rat chromosome 3
Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mamm Genome 5:538-41. 1994
..Chromosomal syntenic conservation among rats, mice and humans is also discussed...
- Allele frequencies of CODIS STR loci in Chinese population
West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, PR China
J Forensic Sci 47:1143-4. 2002
- Sonic hedgehog regulates otic capsule chondrogenesis and inner ear development in the mouse embryo
Department of Otolaryngology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Dev Biol 248:240-50. 2002
..Our results support a role for Shh as a regulator of otic capsule formation and inner ear development during mammalian embryogenesis...
- A vector with transcriptional terminators increases efficiency of cloning of an RNA virus by reverse transcription long polymerase chain reaction
C L Cameron-Wilson
Cell and Molecular Biology Section, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 4:127-31. 2002
..4 kb Coxsackie virus genome in this cosmid vector, without resort to phage packaging, representing an advance over previous methods and advantages in the molecular manipulation of these viruses...
- [Experimental therapy of adenovirus-transferred antisense c-myc on hepatocellular cancer cell]
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Cancer Hospital, National Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, 100021 China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 81:673-6. 2001
..It can induced cell cycle arrest (G1 arrest) and apoptosis. CONCLUSION: Ad-Asmyc can inhibit HCC cell proliferation and induce apoptosis, so has obvious therapeutic effects on hepatocellular cancer cells...
- Changes of serum selenium in pregnant women with gestational diabetes mellitus
Shanghai Institute of Nuclear Research, People's Republic of China
Biol Trace Elem Res 83:231-7. 2001
..Furthermore, an inverse correlation between the serum selenium concentration and the gestational period was also observed. Selenium supplementation during gestation for pregnant women, especially with IGT and GDM, should be considered...
- [The emulation of aortic valve vibration during early diastole]
Department of Radio Engineering, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou 350002
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 18:557-60. 2001
- [Antisense oligodeoxynucleotide of telomerase gene enhances cisplatin-induced apoptosis in acute myeloid leukemia and chronic myeloid leukemia cells]
Institute of Hematology, Jinan University Medical College, Guangzhou 510632, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 40:654-6. 2001
..02%, 23.84%) or cisplatin alone (27.53%, 21.02%). CONCLUSION: hTERT ASODN could enhance the cisplatin-induced apoptosis of AML and CML cells...
- Embryonic lethality and tumorigenesis caused by segmental aneuploidy on mouse chromosome 11
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genetics 150:1155-68. 1998
..A duplication corresponding to one of these two deficiencies was able to rescue its haplolethality...