- Leptomeningeal dissemination in glioblastoma; an inspection of risk factors, treatment, and outcomes at a single institution
Jacob J Mandel
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, MS NB302, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
J Neurooncol 120:597-605. 2014
..However, patients receiving chemotherapy/targeted therapy and radiation were younger and this may have influenced survival. Given the overall poor outcomes, improved therapeutic approaches are needed for glioblastoma patients with LMD. ..
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE) and glioblastoma
Neuro Oncology Unit, Davidoff Cancer Center, Rabin Medical Center, 39 Jabotinski St, 49100, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Neurooncol 124:87-94. 2015
..Our results did not validate the Khorana scale in GBM patients. Additional studies identifying which GBM patients are at highest risk for VTE are needed to enable further evaluation of VTE preventive measures in this selected group. ..
- Diverticulitis in the young is not more aggressive than in the elderly, but it tends to recur more often: systematic review and meta-analysis
Lior H Katz
Department of Gastroenterology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:1274-81. 2013
..Thus, the study aims to evaluate by meta-analysis the natural course of acute diverticulitis in the young...
- Extended peginterferon plus ribavirin treatment for 72 weeks versus standard peginterferon plus ribavirin treatment for 48 weeks in chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 infected slow-responder adult patients
Lior H Katz
Hepatology and Nutrition Department, MD Anderdson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2012
..However, the number of patients demonstrating a sustained virological response is not high. In order to improve sustained virological response, extending the length of the treatment period has been suggested...
- Mass antibiotic treatment to stop an outbreak of meningococcal disease: a molecular analysis
L H Katz
Medical Corps, Israel Defense Forces, Aviv, Israel
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:943-6. 2007
..Mass antibiotic prophylaxis initially suppressed meningococcal carriage, but the carriage rate subsequently rebounded...
- Placental mesenchymal stromal cells induced into neurotrophic factor-producing cells protect neuronal cells from hypoxia and oxidative stress
Department of Neurology, Hospital for Women, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqwa 49100, Israel
Cytotherapy 14:45-55. 2012
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the capacity of induced placental MSC to differentiate into neurotrophic factor-producing cells (NTF) and their protective effect on neuronal cells...
- Respiratory distress: an unrecognized non-motor phenomenon in patients with parkinsonism
Department of Neurology, Movement Disorders Clinic, Rabin Medical Center, 49100 Petach Tikva, Israel
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 119:73-6. 2012
..Dyspnea and respiratory distress should be included among the non-motor symptoms of parkinsonism...
- Prevention of recurrent hepatitis B virus infection after liver transplantation: hepatitis B immunoglobulin, antiviral drugs, or both? Systematic review and meta-analysis
L H Katz
Liver Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
Transpl Infect Dis 12:292-308. 2010
..To evaluate antiviral prophylaxis against hepatitis B virus (HBV) following liver transplantation...
- Handedness as a predictor of side of onset of Parkinson's disease
Department of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa 49100, Israel
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 14:633-5. 2008
..06]. In conclusion, Parkinson's disease appears to be characterized by asymmetry of symptoms. There was a trend toward symptoms onset on the dominant side...
- Long-term Parkinson's disease--time for optimism
Department of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Biomed Pharmacother 62:233-5. 2008
..In conclusion, PD has a chronic progressive course, although most patients do not reach end-stage disease. The effect of L-dopa treatment decreases over time, but is not lost completely...
- Lamivudine prevents reactivation of hepatitis B and reduces mortality in immunosuppressed patients: systematic review and meta-analysis
L H Katz
Department of Medicine D and Liver Institute, Beilinson Campus, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Viral Hepat 15:89-102. 2008
..Lamivudine should be administered prophylactically to HBsAg-positive patients who are about to receive immunosuppressive therapy...
- Transplantation of placenta-derived mesenchymal stem cells in the EAE mouse model of MS
Neuroscience Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center Tel Aviv University, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Mol Neurosci 48:176-84. 2012
..These results demonstrate that PL-MSCs have a therapeutic effect in the EAE mice model. We assume that this effect is caused by reduction of the anti-inflammatory protein, TSG-6, of the inflammatory damage...
- Pregnancy and glial brain tumors
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas S Y K, J F d G, M D A, C A C, M R G, T S A Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas D L, J W, Y Y Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas A M
Neuro Oncol 16:1289-94. 2014
..Improvements in brain tumor treatments have led to an increase in the number of young women with brain tumors who are now considering pregnancy. The aim of this study is to evaluate the influence of pregnancy on brain tumor biology...
- Intracranial response to nivolumab in NSCLC patients with untreated or progressing CNS metastases
Thoracic Cancer Unit, Davidoff Cancer Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva 49100, Israel Electronic address
Lung Cancer 98:114-7. 2016
..Nivolumab might have intracranial activity and favorable safety profile in patients with CNS metastases secondary to NSCLC. Nivolumab CNS activity warrants further evaluation. ..
- Clinical and prognostic features of adult patients with gangliogliomas
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas S Y K, D L, J F de G Department of Neurology, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi M D A Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas J W, Y Y Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas A O, G N F Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas P D B
Neuro Oncol 16:409-13. 2014
..Gangliogliomas (GGs) represent <1% of primary brain tumors in adults. Little is known regarding prognostic features, clinical characteristics, or the impact of treatment on patient outcomes...
- The effect of duloxetine on primary pain symptoms in Parkinson disease
Department of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 30:201-5. 2007
..To study the effect of duloxetine (Cymbalta), a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, on pain symptoms in Parkinson Disease (PD)...
- Durable brain response with pulse-dose crizotinib and ceritinib in ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer compared with brain radiotherapy
Thoracic Cancer Unit, Davidoff Cancer Center, Rabin Medical Center, Kaplan Street, Petah Tikva 49100, Israel
J Clin Neurosci 26:46-9. 2016
..Manipulating the crizotinib schedule in ALK+ NSCLC patients with CNS metastases and using a novel ALK-inhibitor at the time of further progression may provide durable CNS control and allow brain radiotherapy to be deferred. ..
- Phase 1/1b study of lonafarnib and temozolomide in patients with recurrent or temozolomide refractory glioblastoma
Department of Neuro Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 119:2747-53. 2013
..Lonafarnib is an oral selective farnesyltransferase inhibitor, a class of drugs which have shown activity in preclinical glioma models. Temozolomide (TMZ) is an alkylating agent that is the first-line chemotherapy for glioblastoma...
- Ischemic stroke in patients with gliomas at The University of Texas-M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Neurooncol 125:143-8. 2015
..The survival difference between and within subgroups was most likely due to tumor grade. More research is necessary to improve prevention of postoperative stroke in glioma patients...
- Risk factors for post lumbar puncture headache
Department of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel Electronic address
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 131:78-81. 2015
..Lumbar puncture (LP) is complicated by headache in about one-third of patients. The aim of the study was to evaluate potential risk factors for post-LP headache...
- Characteristics and outcomes of ninth and tenth decade patients hospitalized in a sub-acute geriatric hospital
Departments of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 7:635-8. 2005
..Life expectancy has been increasing gradually over years, resulting in a larger subpopulation of people aged 90 and over...