- The role of beta-glucuronidase in induction of apoptosis by genistein combined polysaccharide (GCP) in xenogeneic mice bearing human mammary cancer cells
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Amino Up Chemical Company, Limited, Sapporo 004 0839, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1010:347-9. 2003
..We further investigated the metabolism of genistein and its association with the beta-glucuronidase activity in tumor and normal tissues...
- Inhibition of human breast cancer growth by GCP (genistein combined polysaccharide) in xenogeneic athymic mice: involvement of genistein biotransformation by beta-glucuronidase from tumor tissues
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Amino Up Chemical Co Ltd, Sapporo 004 0839, Japan
Mutat Res 523:55-62. 2003
..The resulting genistein aglycone exerts its chemopreventive activities, including the induction of apoptosis in tumor tissues, and, finally, leads to tumor growth inhibition...
- Isoflavone aglycon produced by culture of soybean extracts with basidiomycetes and its anti-angiogenic activity
Department of Biochemistry, Amino Up Chemical Co, Ltd, 363 32 Shin ei, Kiyota ku, Sapporo 004 0839, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:2626-31. 2002
..GCP inhibited angiogenesis in CAM, and the activity of GCP was greater than that of SBE. GCP inhibited the formation of new vessels induced by colon carcinoma cells in vivo...
- Evidence of nuclear localization of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in cultured astrocytes of rats
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Health Science Center for Peking University, Beijing, China
Life Sci 74:3199-209. 2004
..These results may represent a new pathway of nitric oxide/nNOS participating in inducible nitric oxide synthase gene transcription regulation...
- Upregulated expression of neuronal nitric oxide synthase by insulin in both neurons and astrocytes
Zhong Rui Yuan
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Health Science Center of Peking University, Beijing, China
Brain Res 1008:1-10. 2004
..The phenomena opened new insights for further investigation of the physical and pathological significances of insulin in the brain...
- Exposure of human lung cancer cells to 8-chloro-adenosine induces G2/M arrest and mitotic catastrophe
Hong Yu Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Xue Yuan Road 38, Beijing 100083, PR China
Neoplasia 6:802-12. 2004
..Aberrant mitosis resulted in mitotic catastrophe followed by varying degrees of apoptosis, depending on the cell lines. Thus, 8-Cl-Ado appears to exert its cytotoxicity toward cells in culture by inducing mitotic catastrophe...
- Subcellullar localization of tumor-associated antigen 3H11Ag
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Beijing Institute for Cancer Research, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:922-30. 2004
..In addition, the results of the computational analysis of 3H11Ag were in accordance with those of the experimental analysis. All these data would be helpful to elucidate the functions of 3H11Ag...
- Icaritin and its glycosides enhance osteoblastic, but suppress osteoclastic, differentiation and activity in vitro
Department of Chemical Biology, Peking University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, PR China
Life Sci 81:832-40. 2007
- A novel stealth liposomal topotecan with amlodipine: apoptotic effect is associated with deletion of intracellular Ca2+ by amlodipine thus leading to an enhanced antitumor activity in leukemia
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Xueyuan Road 38, Beijing 100083, China
J Control Release 112:186-98. 2006
..Stealth liposomal encapsulation of anticancer agent with a modulator may provide a novel strategy for improving the chemotherapeutic effects...
- Inhibition of tyrosine phosphorylation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors in human umbilical vein endothelial cells: a potent anti-angiogenic lipid-rich extract from shark
Bioactivity Investigation Group, Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Wellington, New Zealand
J Med Food 10:657-61. 2007
..These results demonstrated that SMO might interfere with or block the binding of VEGF with its receptors, and thereby inhibit the VEGF receptor(s) signal transduction pathway and so inhibit angiogenesis...
- [Realgar nano-particles induce apoptosis and necrosis in leukemia cell lines K562 and HL-60]
Department of Chemical Biology, Peking University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Beijing 100083, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:136-40. 2005
- A novel, rapid strategy to form dendritomas from human dendritic cells and hepatocellular carcinoma cell line HCCLM3 cells using mature dendritic cells derived from human peripheral blood CD14+ monocytes within 48 hours of in vitro culture
Center of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, 11 South Xizhimen Street, Beijing 100044, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:3564-8. 2004
..Here we aimed to fuse human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line HCCLM3 cells with mature monocyte-derived dendritic cells within 48 h of in vitro culture (FastDC)...
- La3+-promoted proliferation is interconnected with apoptosis in NIH 3T3 cells
Department of Chemical Biology and Joint Laboratory of Peking University and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
J Cell Biochem 94:508-19. 2005
..Our results thus support the recent hypothesis that proliferation and apoptosis of cell are intrinsically coordinated...
- Suppression of in vivo tumorigenicity of rat hepatoma cell line KDH-8 cells by soluble TGF-beta receptor type II
Division of Cancer Pathobiology, Research Section of Pathophysiology, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 0815, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 51:381-8. 2002
- The permeability and cytotoxicity of insulin-mimetic vanadium compounds
Xiao Gai Yang
Department of Chemical Biology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Pharm Res 21:1026-33. 2004
..The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanism of permeation and cytotoxicity of vanadium compounds, [VO(acac)2], [VO(ma)2], and vanadate...
- In vitro and in vivo protective effect of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides on alloxan-induced pancreatic islets damage
Hui Na Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, PR China
Life Sci 73:2307-19. 2003
- Complexation of ytterbium to human transferrin and its uptake by K562 cells
Xiu Lian Du
Department of Chemical Biology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Eur J Biochem 269:6082-90. 2002
..The results demonstrate that the complex of Yb3+-transferrin complex was recognized by the transferrin receptor and that the transferrin-receptor-mediated mechanism is a possible pathway for Yb3+ accumulation in cells...
- Bioprocess of uniform-sized crosslinked chitosan microspheres in rats following oral administration
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:878-86. 2008
..These original results would indicate a better way for the CG microspheres in the clinical application...