- Monitoring a toxicological outbreak using Internet search query data
Division of Emergency Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 50:818-22. 2012
..The purpose of this study was to determine whether internet search query data could have been used as a surveillance method for this outbreak...
- Serious bacterial infections in febrile outpatient pediatric heart transplant recipients
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Children s Hospital Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:942-8. 2009
- Intentional Coricidin product exposures among Illinois adolescents
Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 37:509-14. 2011
..We sought to describe the demographics and trends of Coricidin product abuse in children in Illinois and to calculate an approximate total charge to the health-care system...
- Factors associated with difficulty achieving initial control with crotalidae polyvalent immune fab antivenom in snakebite patients
Denver Health Hospital Authority, Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Denver, CO, USA
Acad Emerg Med 18:46-52. 2011
..The prescribing information for Crotalidae Fab antivenom (FabAV) instructs clinicians to administer FabAV until initial control of the envenomation syndrome is achieved. Risk factors for difficulty achieving initial control are not known...
- Serious bacterial infections in febrile outpatient pediatric kidney transplant recipients
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:136-40. 2011
- Malicious use of pharmaceuticals in children
Denver Health, Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Pediatr 157:832-6.e1. 2010
..To describe malicious administration of pharmaceutical agents to children...
- The limited utility of screening laboratory tests and electrocardiograms in the management of unintentional asymptomatic pediatric ingestions
George Sam Wang
Section of Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Emerg Med 45:34-8. 2013
..Suspected ingestions are a common chief complaint to the emergency department although the majority of ingestions by children are insignificant...
- Malicious use of nonpharmaceuticals in children
Denver Health and Hospital Authority, Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Denver, CO, USA
Child Abuse Negl 35:924-9. 2011
..The objective of this study was to describe malicious nonpharmaceutical exposures in children reported to US poison centers...
- Severe poisoning after accidental pediatric ingestion of glycol ethers
George S Wang
Denver Health and Hospitals, Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, 777 Bannock St 0180, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Pediatrics 130:e1026-9. 2012
..Neither progression nor improvement in clinical or metabolic status was noted after the fomepizole. He received hemodialysis for 3 hours ∼8 hours after ingestion, and his symptoms resolved resulting in an uneventfully recovery...
- Safety of non-therapeutic levetiracetam ingestions--a poison center based study
Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Denver, CO, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:366-9. 2011
..Very limited data is available regarding the safety of levetiracetam in cases of unintentional or intentional ingestions...