- Efficacy of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy for the treatment of obesity in a non-Western society
Ankara Numune Teaching Hospital General Surgery, Selanik cad 29 2 Kizilay, Ankara, 06650, Turkey
Eat Weight Disord 21:695-699. 2016
..The objective of this study was to analyze the mid-term outcomes of sleeve gastrectomy in a cohort of obese patients...
- Experimental study on the effects of massive bowel resection on liver function and hepatocyte apoptosis
Department of General Surgery, Ankara Numune Teaching Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 25:674-7. 2014
..Our aim was to investigate the effects of massive bowel resection on hepatocyte apoptosis and liver function in rats...
- Prognostic value of preoperative inflammation-based prognostic scores on hospital mortality after gastric cancer surgery
Ankara Numune Teaching Hospital, General Surgery Clinic, Ankara, Turkey E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:7909-11. 2014
..Unlike other recent articles on the same topic; we could only verify prognostic value of prognostic nutritional index for in hospital mortality after surgery. ..
- Long term efficacy of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding--retrospective analysis
Baris D Yildiz
Ankara Numune Teaching and Research Hospital 6th General Surgery Clinic, Turkey
Adv Clin Exp Med 21:615-9. 2012
..Laparoscopic procedures have emerged over the past decade for treatment of obesity. Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding is the easiest surgical technique for morbid obesity...
- Urgent liver transplantation for Amanita phalloides poisoning
Baris Dogu Yildiz
General Surgery, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 12:105-8. 2008
..If not treated, mortality is as high as 80%. Treatment includes supportive measures, inactivation of the toxin and if liver failure occurs liver transplantation. The indications for transplantation are debatable...
- Chronic anemia due to watermelon stomach
Department of General Surgery, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Saudi Med 30:156-8. 2010
..The patient underwent gastrectomy. We reviewed the literature on gastric angiodysplasia and have presented our unique tomography findings in this first report on a novel association between ectopic pancreas and gastric angiodysplasia...
- Determinants of postoperative infection after laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine General Surgery Department, Ankara, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 56:589-92. 2009
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of antibiotic prophylaxis on the development of infectious complications in laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing the Effects of Vessel Sealing Device and Milligan Morgan Technique on Postoperative Pain Perception after Hemorrhoidectomy
Mehmet Onur Gülseren
Ankara Numune Teaching Hospital General Surgery Clinic, and Corum Teaching Hospital, General Surgery Clinic, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Surg 32:258-61. 2015
..The aim of this study was to compare postoperative pain perception after Milligan Morgan and Ligasure™ techniques in hemorrhoidectomy...
- Primary liposarcoma of the stomach
Ankara Numune Teaching Hospital, Department of General Surgery, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 24:167-9. 2013
..Here, we report a 59-year-old female with a well-differentiated liposarcoma of the stomach. This is the first case in the literature in which endoscopic ultrasound proved to be a diagnostic tool for gastric liposarcoma. ..
- Olive oil-based fat emulsion versus soy oil-based fat emulsion in abdominal oncologic surgery
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Nutrition and Dietetic Department, Ankara, Turkey
Nutr Clin Pract 26:61-5. 2011
..In postoperative cancer patients, olive oil-based fat emulsion had similar effects on BMI, body temperature, biochemical values, and thiobutyric acid levels as soy oil-based fat emulsions...