- How Can Progress on Global Tobacco Control Inform Progress on NCD?Derek Yach
Vitality Group, New York, NY, USA Electronic address
Glob Heart 11:399-402. 2016..We now need to broaden public and private players required for progress, use insights on levering market forces for NCD control, and build approaches that demonstrate empathy for millions struggling with NCD risks...
- Research to stop tobacco deathsDerek Yach
The Vitality Group, New York, New York, USA
Global Health 10:39. 2014..In addition to current priorities, greater attention is needed to research related to trade agreements, prevention among girls, and the appropriate response to nicotine-based noncombustibles (including e-cigarettes). ..
- The origins, development, effects, and future of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control: a personal perspectiveDerek Yach
The Vitality Institute, New York, NY, USA Electronic address
Lancet 383:1771-9. 2014..This review of 50 years of policy development aimed at reducing the burden of disease attributable to tobacco reviews the origins and strategies used in forging the WHO FCTC, from the perspective of one who was there...
- Public health lives: Gro Harlem BrundtlandD Yach
Vitality Institute, New York, NY, United States Electronic address
Public Health 128:148-50. 2014..Her impact on global health started with a commitment to make a difference in the lives of people, particularly those in greatest need. ..
- Food industry: friend or foe?D Yach
The Vitality Institute, New York, NY, USA
Obes Rev 15:2-5. 2014..The food industry and private sector must come together to implement innovative strategies to address urgent nutritional needs. ..