- Biomarkers in hypertension and their relationship with myocardial target-organ damage
VA San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA, 92161, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 16:502. 2014
..This review will provide an overview of cardiac biomarkers that may be used to predict future cardiovascular disease in patients with hypertension. ..
- Serial changes in high-sensitive troponin I predict outcome in patients with decompensated heart failure
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Eur J Heart Fail 13:37-42. 2011
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prognostic utility of small troponin I (TnI) elevations, serial TnI measurements, and the combination of TnI and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) in patients with decompensated heart failure (HF)...
- Mid-region pro-adrenomedullin adds predictive value to clinical predictors and Framingham risk score for long-term mortality in stable outpatients with heart failure
Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Eur J Heart Fail 15:1343-9. 2013
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term prognostic utility of mid-region prohormone adrenomedullin (MR-proADM) in stable outpatients with heart failure (HF)...
- Cardiac biomarkers, mortality, and post-traumatic stress disorder in military veterans
VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:1215-8. 2012
..Adding MR-proADM to clinical predictors of mortality increased the C-statistic from 0.572 to 0.697 (p = 0.007). In conclusion, this study demonstrates an association among PTSD, abnormal cardiac biomarker levels, and increased mortality...
- Hypervolemic and optivolemic natriuretic peptides in acute heart failure
University of California, San Diego, Calif, USA
Contrib Nephrol 171:74-9. 2011
..The ability to classify individuals on the basis of risk could allow clinicians to tailor therapies to fit individual patient needs, thus reducing morbidity, mortality and costs...
- Increased 90-day mortality in patients with acute heart failure with elevated copeptin: secondary results from the Biomarkers in Acute Heart Failure (BACH) study
VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA, USA
Circ Heart Fail 4:613-20. 2011
..However, AVP is difficult to measure due to its in vitro instability and rapid clearance. Copeptin, the C-terminal segment of preprovasopressin, is a stable and reliable surrogate biomarker for serum arginine vasopressin concentrations...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: a fast track to premature cardiovascular disease?
Bailey A Wentworth
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Cardiol Rev 21:16-22. 2013
- In vivo self-expanding engineering of bone
Hong Zhi Zhou
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, 145 West Changle Road, Xi an, PR China
Med Hypotheses 73:528-30. 2009
..Our hypothesis integrates the existing knowledge and technologies, and could be a hopeful strategy for more convenient and safe use of bone engineering in clinics...
- Using galectin-3 to reduce heart failure rehospitalization
Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Future Cardiol 10:221-7. 2014
- Biomarker-guided treatment of congestive heart failure
University of California San Diego UCSD Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92103 8411, USA
Congest Heart Fail 16:S62-7. 2010
- The potential role of natriuretic peptide-guided management for patients hospitalized for heart failure
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego and San Diego Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Diego, California
J Card Fail 21:233-9. 2015
..This review summarizes available data and provides an expert opinion on the potential role of NPs to reduce HF readmissions. ..
- Post-acute care: the role of natriuretic peptides
San Diego VA Medical Hospital and University of California San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Congest Heart Fail 18:S14-6. 2012