- Emotion recognition in faces and the use of visual context in young people with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders
North Yorkshire and York Primary Care Trust, UK
Autism 12:607-26. 2008
..Test conditions may lead to results different from everyday life. Alternatively, deficits in emotion recognition in high-functioning ASD may be less marked than previously thought...
- Clinical dilemmas in children with life-limiting illnesses: decision making and the law
Lime Trees Child and Family Unit, North Yorkshire and York Primary Care Trust, 31 Shipton Road, York
Palliat Med 23:238-47. 2009
..It also discusses how multidisciplinary teams in children's hospices (and other supportive clinical systems) can best support young people and families with and without recourse to the law...
- Melatonin versus placebo in children with autism spectrum conditions and severe sleep problems not amenable to behaviour management strategies: a randomised controlled crossover trial
Lime Trees Child, Adolescent and Family Unit, 31 Shipton Road, York, North Yorkshire, YO30 5RE, England, UK
J Autism Dev Disord 41:175-84. 2011
..The side effect profile was low and not significantly different between the two arms...
- Pervasive refusal syndrome
Child, Adolescent and Family Unit, York, England, UK
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 17:221-8. 2012
- A comparison of urinary mercury between children with autism spectrum disorders and control children
North Yorkshire and York Primary Care Trust, York, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e29547. 2012
..Some theorists have proposed that autism is caused by mercury toxicity. We set out to test whether mercury concentrations in the urine of children with autism were significantly increased or decreased compared to controls or siblings...
- Social Stories™ to alleviate challenging behaviour and social difficulties exhibited by children with autism spectrum disorder in mainstream schools: design of a manualised training toolkit and feasibility study for a cluster randomised controlled trial w
Lime Trees Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service Research Team, York, UK
Health Technol Assess 20:1-258. 2016
..Limited evidence mainly using single-case designs suggests that they can reduce anxiety and challenging behaviour...
- Gamma activation in young people with autism spectrum disorders and typically-developing controls when viewing emotions on faces
Lime Trees Child, Family and Adolescent Unit, North Yorkshire and York Primary Care Trust, York, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e41326. 2012
- Neural correlation of successful cognitive behaviour therapy for spider phobia: a magnetoencephalography study
Lime Trees Child, Family and Adolescent Unit, North Yorkshire and York Primary Care Trust, York, United Kingdom Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 214:444-51. 2013
..In addition, participants' subjective ratings of spider stimuli significantly predicted peak responses in right frontal regions. The implications for understanding brain-based effects of cognitive therapies are discussed. ..
- Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of parenting interventions for children with severe attachment problems: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Hull York Medical School, University of York, York, UK
Health Technol Assess 19:vii-xxviii, 1-347. 2015
..One supplementary review explored the evaluation of assessment tools and a second reviewed 10-year outcome data to better inform health economic aspects of the main review...
- Computerised cognitive behaviour therapy for depression in adolescents: study protocol for a feasibility randomised controlled trial
Limetrees Child Adolescent and Family Unit, York, UK
BMJ Open 4:e006488. 2014
..We aim to establish the feasibility of running a fully powered randomised controlled trial (RCT)...
- Screening for psychological and mental health difficulties in young people who offend: a systematic review and decision model
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York, UK
Health Technol Assess 19:1-128. 2015
..There is policy interest in the screening and treatment of mental health problems in young people who offend, but the value of such screening is not yet known...
- Autism Spectrum Social Stories In Schools Trial (ASSSIST): study protocol for a feasibility randomised controlled trial analysing clinical and cost-effectiveness of Social Stories in mainstream schools
Research Team, Lime Trees CAMHS, York, UK
BMJ Open 4:e005952. 2014
..Case reports in children with autism have suggested that these stories can lead to a number of benefits including improvements in social interactions and choice making in educational settings...
- Autism Spectrum Conditions--enhancing Nurture and Development (ASCEND): an evaluation of intervention support groups for parents
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, Bradford District Care Trust, York, UK
Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry 16:5-20. 2011