- Microarray analysis of gene expression in the kidneys of new- and post-onset diabetic NOD miceKaren H S Wilson
Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Diabetes 52:2151-9. 2003..The lower expression levels of the SCD1 gene in both diabetic groups compared with controls were further confirmed by Northern blot analysis and immunohistochemistry...
- Alterations of renal phenotype and gene expression profiles due to protein overload in NOD-related mouse strainsKaren H S Wilson
Center for Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, PV6B108, Augusta, GA 30912 2400, USA
BMC Nephrol 6:17. 2005..To gain more information on the specific effects of proteinuria, this study addresses renal changes in diabetes resistant NOD-related mouse strains (NON and NOD.B10) that were made to develop proteinuria by BSA overload...
- Formation and evolution of the chordate neurotrophin and Trk receptor genesFinn Hallböök
Department of Neuroscience, Unit for Developmental Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Brain Behav Evol 68:133-44. 2006....
- A genomic view of the sea urchin nervous systemR D Burke
Department of Biology, University of Victoria, Victoria, POB 3020, STN CSC, Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 3N5
Dev Biol 300:434-60. 2006..Analysis of the sea urchin genome presents a unique perspective on the evolutionary history of deuterostome nervous systems and reveals new approaches to investigate the development and neurobiology of sea urchins...
- RTK and TGF-beta signaling pathways genes in the sea urchin genomeFrançois Lapraz
UMR 7009 CNRS, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Observatoire Oceanologique, 06230 Villefranche sur Mer, France
Dev Biol 300:132-52. 2006....
- The genome of the sea urchin Strongylocentrotus purpuratusErica Sodergren
Science 314:941-52. 2006..This echinoderm genome provides an evolutionary outgroup for the chordates and yields insights into the evolution of deuterostomes...
- The genome sequence of the protostome Daphnia pulex encodes respective orthologues of a neurotrophin, a Trk and a p75NTR: evolution of neurotrophin signaling components and related proteins in the bilateriaKaren H S Wilson
University of Gothenburg, The Sven Lovén Centre for Marine Sciences Kristineberg, S 450 34 Fiskebäckskil, Sweden
BMC Evol Biol 9:243. 2009..To clarify the evolution of neurotrophin signaling components in bilateria, this work analyzes the genome of the crustacean Daphnia pulex as well as new genetic data from protostomes...