- [Cases-Control association study and transmission disequilibrium test of T102C polymorphism in 5HT2A and Tourette syndrome]
Institute of Mental Health, The First University Hospital, West China University of Medical Sciences, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 18:11-3. 2001
..To investigate whether T102C polymorphism in 5HT2A (serotonin receptor 2A) is associated with Tourette syndrome...
- Extensive brain structural network abnormality in first-episode treatment-naive patients with schizophrenia: morphometrical and covariation study
The Mental Health Center and Psychiatric Laboratory, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Psychol Med 44:2489-501. 2014
..In the current study we aimed to explore GM volume (GMV) changes in a relatively large sample of treatment-naive first-episode schizophrenia (FES) patients using optimized voxel-based morphometry (VBM) and covariation analysis...
- The CHRM3 gene is implicated in abnormal thalamo-orbital frontal cortex functional connectivity in first-episode treatment-naive patients with schizophrenia
Mental Health Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
Psychol Med 46:1523-34. 2016
..To explore how common genetic variants affect the connectivities in schizophrenia, we applied genome-wide association studies assaying the abnormal neural connectivities in schizophrenia as quantitative traits...
- Osteoimmunology in orthodontic tooth movement
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Oral Dis 21:694-704. 2015
..In this review, we take a closer look at the cellular/molecular mechanisms and signaling involved in osteoimmunology and at relevant research progress in the context of the field of orthodontic tooth movement. ..
- White-matter microstructure in previously drug-naive patients with schizophrenia after 6 weeks of treatment
Mental Health Centre and Psychiatric Laboratory, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Psychol Med 43:2301-9. 2013
..It is important to explore the longitudinal alterations in white-matter (WM) microstructure in antipsychotic-naive patients with first-episode schizophrenia during the very early phase of treatment when relatively 'free' from chronicity...
- Association of lipoprotein lipase S447X, apolipoprotein E exon 4, and apoC3 -455T>C polymorphisms on the susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy
M C Y Ng
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Clin Genet 70:20-8. 2006
..61] were protective for DN compared with the most common combination of the respective polymorphisms. Our findings suggest the importance of interactions among lipid genes in modulating the risk of DN...
- Genomewide linkage scan for obsessive-compulsive disorder: evidence for susceptibility loci on chromosomes 3q, 7p, 1q, 15q, and 6q
Y Y Shugart
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Mol Psychiatry 11:763-70. 2006
..Given probable etiologic heterogeneity in OCD, mapping gene(s) involved in the disorder may be enhanced by replication studies, large-scale family-based linkage studies, and the application of novel statistical methods...
- Dietary factors and smoking as risk factors for PD in a rural population in China: a nested case-control study
Department of Epidemiology, Dalian Medical University, Dalian, China
Acta Neurol Scand 113:278-81. 2006
..Dietary factors and history of smoking remain elusive in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Microsatellite instability in mitochondrial genome of common female cancers
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:259-66. 2006
..Furthermore, carriers of a germ-line T to C polymorphism at np 16189 could be more susceptible to breast cancer development in light of the higher frequency detected in cancer patients than in normal individuals...
- The Ser219-->Gly dimorphism of the endothelial protein C receptor contributes to the higher soluble protein levels observed in individuals with the A3 haplotype
Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:229-35. 2006
..These results indicate that the A3 haplotype does promote cellular shedding in either 293 or endothelial cells and therefore is likely directly contributory to the higher soluble EPCR levels seen in patients carrying this haplotype...
- Changes in circulating mesenchymal stem cells, stem cell homing factor, and vascular growth factors in patients with acute ST elevation myocardial infarction treated with primary percutaneous coronary intervention
Medical Department B, The Heart Centre, University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Heart 92:768-74. 2006
..To investigate the spontaneous occurrence of circulating mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) and angiogenic factors in patients with ST elevation acute myocardial infarction (STEMI) treated with primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Haplotype analysis of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene in relation to acute myocardial infarction
Heart 91:1217-8. 2005
- FTY720 pharmacokinetics in mild to moderate hepatic impairment
J M Kovarik
Novartis Pharma, Building WSJ 27 P081, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Pharmacol 45:446-52. 2005
..Although hepatic impairment elicited changes in the disposition of FTY720, the magnitude of these changes suggests that the FTY720 dose does not need to be adjusted in mild or moderate hepatic-impaired patients...
- Performance of tPSA and f/tPSA for prostate cancer in Chinese. A systematic review and meta-analysis
Department of Urology, Tianjin Institute of Urology, The Second Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 9:374-8. 2006
..tPSA and f/tPSA made an important performance for diagnosis of prostate cancer in decade among Chinese. The use of f/tPSA<0.15 as threshold maintain a high prognostic accuracy for prostate cancer...
- Genetic diversity of Picea asperata populations based on RAPDs
Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 416, Chengdu 610041, China
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 9:101-8. 2007
..In addition, it was discovered that the geographic distribution is not correlated with the genetic distances among the populations of P. asperata...
- Rare plus common SERT variants in obsessive-compulsive disorder
M A Grados
Mol Psychiatry 12:422-3. 2007
- Mutation analysis of the FLCN gene in Chinese patients with sporadic and familial isolated primary spontaneous pneumothorax
H Z Ren
Department of Pathology, Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Clin Genet 74:178-83. 2008
..It suggests that mutation analysis and HRCT scan may be recommended for first-degree family members of PSP patients with FLCN mutations, irrespective of their family history status of PSP...
- Placental anti-oxidant gene polymorphisms, enzyme activity, and oxidative stress in preeclampsia
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Building 6100 Room 7B03, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Placenta 29:439-43. 2008
..8 vs. 27.9 pg/ml, p=0.03). In conclusion, our study showed that polymorphisms of CuZn-SOD, MnSOD, GSTM1 and GSTT1 in the placental tissue were not associated with preeclampsia...
- Peritubular capillary C4d deposition in lupus nephritis different from antibody-mediated renal rejection
S J Li
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing 210002, People s Republic of China
Lupus 16:875-80. 2007
- Mutations in the glucocerebrosidase gene are associated with early-onset Parkinson disease
L N Clark
Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurology 69:1270-7. 2007
..To evaluate the frequency of glucocerebrosidase (GBA) mutations in cases and controls enrolled in the Genetic Epidemiology of Parkinson's Disease (GEPD) study...
- Characterization of polymorphisms of transferrin receptor and their association with susceptibility to ETEC F4ab/ac in pigs
Key Laboratory for Animal Biotechnology of Jiangxi Province and the Ministry of Agriculture of China, Jiangxi Agricultural University, Nanchang, China
J Anim Breed Genet 124:225-9. 2007
..The result showed that the 291 C>T polymorphism is not a causal mutation, however, has a significant linkage disequilibrium with the ETEC F4ab/ac, especially F4ac receptor locus...
- Polymorphisms of ACE2 gene are associated with essential hypertension and antihypertensive effects of Captopril in women
Hypertension Division, Department of Cardiology, Ministry of Education and Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:187-96. 2007
..3 mm Hg lower in ACE2 T allele carriers than in CC genotype carriers (P=0.019) in women. We conclude that the ACE2 T allele confers a high risk for hypertension and reduced antihypertensive response to ACE inhibitors...
- Association study of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 gene (ACE2) polymorphisms and essential hypertension in northern Han Chinese
Bioinformatics Laboratory and National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
J Hum Hypertens 20:968-71. 2006
- Tibial plateau size is related to grade of joint space narrowing and osteophytes in healthy women and in women with osteoarthritis
A E Wluka
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University Central and Eastern Clinical School, Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1033-7. 2005
..To determine the relation of bone size to radiographic severity in knee osteoarthritis...
- A deletion affecting several gene candidates is present in the Evergrowing peach mutant
D G Bielenberg
Department of Horticulture, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
J Hered 95:436-44. 2004
..The deletion was bracketed using RFLP analysis, which showed that it is contained within a segment of the genome no greater than 180 kb...
- A polymorphism in the promoter region of catalase is associated with blood pressure levels
Laboratory of Human Population Genetics and Complex Diseases, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai, China 200443
Hum Genet 109:95-8. 2001
..13, P=0.002). This is the first study to implicate genetic variation in catalase in susceptibility to EHYT and suggests that polymorphisms in promoter regions may be particularly relevant to the study of complex diseases...
- Association of retinopathy with a microsatellite at 5' end of the aldose reductase gene in Chinese patients with late-onset Type 2 diabetes
S C Lee
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ophthalmic Genet 22:63-7. 2001
..The aldose reductase gene may be implicated, but is not likely to play a major role...
- Changes of the expression of 5-HT receptor subtype mRNAs in rat dorsal root ganglion by complete Freund's adjuvant-induced inflammation
Department of Anatomy and K. K. Leung Brain Research Centre, The Fourth Military Medical University, No. 17, West Chang-le Road, 710032, People's Republic of, Xi'an, China
Neurosci Lett 307:183-6. 2001
..The present results suggest the important roles for these 5-HT receptor subtypes in generating peripheral nociceptive signaling and provide evidence to elucidate the mechanism of 5-HT in nociception...
- [Relationship between delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase gene polymorphism and blood levels of lead and zinc protoporphyrin in children exposed to lead]
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Occupational Medicine, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 35:96-7. 2001
..To explore the associations of polymorphism of delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) gene with blood levels of lead and zinc protoporphyrin (ZPP)...
- Modulation of nucleotide excision repair capacity by XPD polymorphisms in lung cancer patients
M R Spitz
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Cancer Res 61:1354-7. 2001
..These results suggest that the two XPD polymorphisms have a modulating effect on DRC, especially in the cases...
- Allelic loss of distal chromosome 4 in mouse lung tumors localize a putative tumor suppressor gene to a region homologous with human chromosome 1p36
C R Herzog
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699, USA
Oncogene 11:1811-5. 1995
..In contrast, retention of heterozygosity was observed at all markers tested in each of the adenomas studied, which suggests that the inactivation of this tumor suppressor gene participates in mouse lung tumor progression...
- Refinement of the locus for autosomal dominant hereditary gingival fibromatosis (GINGF) to a 3.8-cM region on 2p21
Shanghai Research Center of Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Science, Shanghai, 200233, People s Republic of China
Genomics 68:247-52. 2000
..This region overlaps by 3.8 cM with the previously reported HGF region. Single-strand conformation polymorphism and sequence analysis of the coding region of cytochrome P450 1B1 (CYP1B1) excluded it as a likely candidate gene...
- The RIM/NIM family of neuronal C2 domain proteins. Interactions with Rab3 and a new class of Src homology 3 domain proteins
Center for Basic Neuroscience, Department of Molecular Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9111, USA
J Biol Chem 275:20033-44. 2000
..With the RIM-BPs, we have identified a partner for RIMs that may bind to RIMs at the synapse in addition to Rab3...
- p63, a p53 homolog at 3q27-29, encodes multiple products with transactivating, death-inducing, and dominant-negative activities
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell 2:305-16. 1998
..We demonstrate that these truncated p63 variants can act as dominant-negative agents toward transactivation by p53 and p63, and we suggest the possibility of physiological interactions among members of the p53 family...
- The role of central 5-HT(1A) receptors in the control of B-fibre cardiac and bronchoconstrictor vagal preganglionic neurones in anaesthetized cats
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill Street, Hampstead, London NW3 2PF, UK
J Physiol 536:753-67. 2001
- [Schizophrenia and dopamine D4 gene polymorphism in Chinese population: association analysis]
Institute of Mental Health, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 81:995-8. 2001
..To investigate the association of the 48 bp variable number tandem repeat (VNTR) polymorphism in the dopamine D4 receptor (DRD4) gene exon III with schizophrenia in Chinese Han population...
- Genotypes and polymorphisms of mutant CCR5-delta 32, CCR2-64I and SDF1-3' a HIV-1 resistance alleles in indigenous Han Chinese
Division of Biological Engineering, Beijing Institute of Infectious Diseases, 302 PLA Hospital, Beijing 100039, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:1162-6. 2001
..To evaluate the frequencies and polymorphisms of CCR5-delta 32, CCR2-64I and SDF1-3' A alleles conferring resistance to HIV-1 infection in Chinese population from Han ethnic origin...
- High frequency of mitochondrial genome instability in human endometrial carcinomas
V W S Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong
Br J Cancer 89:697-701. 2003
..It is suggested that errors in replication may account for the high frequency of mtMSI in human endometrial carcinomas. The relatively high prevalence of mtMSI may be a potential new tool for detection of endometrial cancer...
- [Gene polymorphism at apoB locus and the serum lipids profile in children]
Institute of Child and Adolescent Health, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 30:280-2. 2001
..More studies and analysis on the relationship between serum lipids and multiple genes in multisites should be the next step...
- Genetic mapping of the evergrowing gene in peach [Prunus persica (L.) Batsch]
Department of Horticulture, Clemson University, Clemson SC 29634, USA
J Hered 93:352-8. 2002
..Three AFLP markers from the rootstock genetic linkage map were found linked to the evg locus...
- [The human alpha(2A)-AR gene and the genotype of site -1296 and the susceptibility to motion sickness]
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, General Hospital of Airforce, Beijing 100036, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 34:291-7. 2002
..01 ). All the populations were in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium. The results suggested that gg genotype and g allele at site -1296 in alpha(2A)-AR gene could associate with the susceptibility to motion sickness...
- Chromosome mapping and sequence variation of the murine Ras effector gene Nore1
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 95:126-8. 2001
- [The gene polymorphism of delta-aminolevulinate dehydratase (ALAD) in 530 cases of Chinese Han population]
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 35:16-8. 2001
..To explore the distribution of allele and genotype frequencies of delta-aminolevulinate dehydratase (ALAD) gene in Chinese Han population...
- [Distribution of HIV resistance CCR5-delta 32, CCR2-64 I and SDF1-3'A alleles and their polymorphisms in the Han population in China]
302nd Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 21:256-60. 2000
..To study the frequency and polymorphism of three mutations (CCR5(Delta)32, CCR2-64I and SDF1-3'A alleles) conferring resistance to determined HIV-1/AIDS in the indigenous Han population in China...
- Changes of serum selenium in pregnant women with gestational diabetes mellitus
Shanghai Institute of Nuclear Research, People's Republic of China
Biol Trace Elem Res 83:231-7. 2001
..Furthermore, an inverse correlation between the serum selenium concentration and the gestational period was also observed. Selenium supplementation during gestation for pregnant women, especially with IGT and GDM, should be considered...
- [Relationship between gene polymorphism at the apolipoprotein E locus and serum lipid profile in urban children of school age in Beijing]
Institute of Child and Adolescent Health, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 35:297-300. 2001
..To study the relationship between gene polymorphism at the apolipoprotein E (ApoE) locus and serum lipid levels in children of school age...
- Tissue-specific expression of the K-ras allele from the A/J parent in (A/J x TSG-p53) F1 mice
S A Matzinger
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699, USA
Gene 188:261-9. 1997
..These data demonstrate tissue-specific allele-specific transcription of the K-ras gene and provide further support to the thesis that K-ras allele itself is a primary mouse lung tumor susceptibility gene...