- Psychiatric diagnosis and antiretroviral adherence among adolescent Medicaid beneficiaries diagnosed with human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome
Department of Clinical Psychology, Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:354-61. 2009
..Associations between race and adherence varied by gender: compared with their white counterparts, minority girls had lower, and minority boys had higher adherence...
- What do prospective research participants want to know? What do they assume they know already?
Rutgers University, USA
J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics 4:59-63. 2009
..This small pilot study suggests that inclusion of elements considered inappropriate by respondents may be redundant and, in at least some circumstances, potentially confusing...
- Prevalence of diagnosed HIV disease among medicaid beneficiaries with schizophrenia in U.S. metropolitan areas
James T Walkup
Department of Clinical Psychology, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:682-6. 2010
..Across 102 MSAs, 1.81% of beneficiaries with schizophrenia had received diagnoses of HIV/AIDS. MSA rates ranged widely, from 5.2% in Newark, NJ, to no cases in 16 of the MSAs...
- Use of Medicaid data to explore community characteristics associated with HIV prevalence among beneficiaries with schizophrenia
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Public Health Rep 126:89-101. 2011
..We demonstrated the potential of Medicaid data to address this gap...
- Antidepressant treatment and adherence to combination antiretroviral therapy among patients with AIDS and diagnosed depression
Institute for Health, Health Care, Policy and Aging Research, New Brunswick, NJ, 08901, USA
Psychiatr Q 79:43-53. 2008
..The prevalence of depression is elevated among HIV-infected individuals and there is evidence that depression exerts a negative impact on HIV medication adherence...
- The impact of mental health and substance abuse factors on HIV prevention and treatment
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, and the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 90801, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:S15-9. 2008
..This article describes a research agenda for beginning to understand the complex relations among MI, SA, and HIV and outlines a research agenda for the Social and Behavioral Science Research Network in these areas...
- Use of antipsychotic medications among HIV-infected individuals with schizophrenia
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 30 College Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Schizophr Res 71:435-44. 2004
..Our study confirmed past findings of racial disparities in the receipt of atypical antipsychotic medications. Findings suggest that use of atypical medications may benefit individuals dually diagnosed with HIV and serious mental illness...
- How is stigmatization affected by the "layering" of stigmatized conditions, such as serious mental illness and HIV?
Rutgers University, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, 152 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Psychol Rep 95:771-9. 2004
..Possible explanations are discussed...
- Cancer Type and Risk of Newly Diagnosed Depression Among Elderly Medicare Beneficiaries With Incident Breast, Colorectal, and Prostate Cancers
From Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia Department of Health Policy, Management, and Leadership, School of Public Health, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia and Clinical Psychology Department, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 15:46-55. 2017
..Elderly individuals (age >65 years) with cancer are at high risk for newly diagnosed depression after a cancer diagnosis. It is not known whether the risk of newly diagnosed depression varies by cancer type...
- HIV testing policy and serious mental illness
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1931-40. 2002
..Using opinion data from experts, we examined the context of the argument for mandatory testing of psychiatric patients...