- Modulation of affective symptoms and resting state activity by brain stimulation in a treatment-resistant case of obsessive-compulsive disorder
IRCCS San Camillo, Venice, Italy
Neurocase 19:360-70. 2013
..A reduction of interhemispheric imbalance was detected after tDCS but not after rTMS. tDCS seems to be more effective than rTMS in restoring interhemispheric imbalance and improving anxiety and depression in OCD. ..
- Covert reading of letters in a case of global alexia
Department of Neuropsychology, IRCCS, San Camillo, Venice, Italy
Brain Lang 120:217-25. 2012
..This pattern of performance suggests that the link between graphemic and phonological representations is disrupted in this patient. We hypothesize that VA' residual reading abilities are supported by the right hemisphere...
- Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) of Broca's area in chronic aphasia: a controlled outcome study
Department of Behavioural Neuroscience, IRCCS Fondazione Ospedale San Camillo, Venice, Italy
Behav Brain Res 247:211-6. 2013
- Selective attention impairment in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
a Department of Behavioural Neuroscience, IRCCS Fondazione Ospedale San Camillo, Venice, Italy
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener 17:236-44. 2016
..These data prove the usefulness and sensitivity of the auditory ERPs in detection of cognitive functions in ALS patients. ..
- Working memory in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: auditory event-related potentials and neuropsychological evidence
IRCSS San Camillo, Venice, Italy
J Clin Neurophysiol 27:198-206. 2010
..In conclusion, the results support previously published reports that indicate the involvement of the extramotor functions in a significant subsample of ALS...
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis progression and stability of brain-computer interface communication
Department of Neurophysiology, I R R C S, S Camillo Hospital Foundation, via Alberoni 70, Venice, Italy
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener 14:390-6. 2013
..In conclusion, disease evolution in ALS does not affect the ability to control a BCI for communication. BCI performance can be maintained in the different stages of the illness...
- Brain-computer interface in stroke: a review of progress
Department of Neurophysiology S Camillo Hospital Foundation I R R C S, Venice, Italy
Clin EEG Neurosci 42:245-52. 2011
..Furthermore, we include an overview of a pilot study concerning a new neuro-forcefeedback strategy. This pilot study involved healthy participants. Finally we address some challenges for future BCI-based rehabilitation...
- Dopaminergic Medication Modulates Learning from Feedback and Error-Related Negativity in Parkinson's Disease: A Pilot Study
Department of Behavioural Neuroscience, IRCCS Fondazione Ospedale San Camillo Venice, Italy
Front Behav Neurosci 10:205. 2016
- Preservation of auditory P300-like potentials in cortical deafness
San Camillo Foundation, Institute of Care and Research, Venice, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e29909. 2012
..The accurate characterization in terms of anatomy and neurophysiology of the auditory lesions might facilitate understanding of the neural substrates involved in deaf-hearing...
- Cognitive and personality features in Parkinson disease: 2 sides of the same coin?
IRCCS San Camillo, Italy
Cogn Behav Neurol 22:258-63. 2009
..This study seeks to identify the possible relationship between certain executive functions and the main personality traits in 25 nondemented Parkinson disease (PD) patients...