- Body mass index and health related quality of life in elementary school children: a pilot studyLei Zhang
Mississippi State Department of Health, Jackson, MS, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 6:77. 2008..We investigated the relationship between Body Mass Index (BMI) and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) indicated by baseline health status in elementary school children...
- Association of maternal medical conditions and unfavorable birth outcomes: findings from the 1996-2003 Mississippi linked birth and death dataLei Zhang
Mississippi State Department of Health, PO Box 1700, Jackson, MS, 39215 1700, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:910-20. 2011....
- Association of maternal chronic disease and negative birth outcomes in a non-Hispanic Black-White Mississippi birth cohortJuanita Graham
Mississippi Department of Health, Jackson, Mississippi 39215 1700, USA
Public Health Nurs 24:311-7. 2007..To investigate the impact of selected maternal chronic medical conditions, race, and age on preterm birth (PTB), low birth weight (LBW), and infant mortality among Mississippi mothers from 1999 to 2003...
- Prevalence estimates of overweight in Head Start preschoolersBonnie L Harbaugh
Department of Child and Family Nursing, College of Health, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 24:350-9. 2009..The prevalence of overweight in Mississippi Head Start children exceeds national averages, reinforcing the need for early-childhood health promotion and prevention...
- Associations of fast food restaurant availability with dietary intake and weight among African Americans in the Jackson Heart Study, 2000-2004DeMarc A Hickson
Jackson Heart Study, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39213, USA
Am J Public Health 101:S301-9. 2011..We examined the associations of fast food restaurant (FFR) availability with dietary intake and weight among African Americans in the southeastern United States...
- Regional and racial disparities in asthma hospitalizations in MississippiSitesh Ranen Roy
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy Immunology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:636-42. 2010..These disparities among asthma hospitalizations might be affected by social, environmental, and health-care access factors...
- Violence-related behaviors on school property among Mississippi Public High School students, 1993--2003Lei Zhang
Office of Science and Evaluation, Mississippi State Dept of Health, Jackson, MS 39215 1700, USA
J Sch Health 75:67-71. 2005..Future studies should elucidate mechanisms associated with the self-reported decreasing behaviors so intervention programs can be properly focused...
- Influenza vaccination in Mississippi, 1992-2003: trends, subgroup comparisons, and forecastLei Zhang
Office of Science and Evaluation, Mississippi State Department of Health, Jackson, MS 39215 1700, USA
J Miss State Med Assoc 46:337-43. 2005..We examined longitudinal trends in relative frequency of influenza vaccination in the state of Mississippi...
- Using small-area estimation method to calculate county-level prevalence of obesity in Mississippi, 2007-2009Zhen Zhang
Center of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A85. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess the scope, socioeconomic and geographic characteristics, and temporal trends of the obesity epidemic in Mississippi...