Kaki M York
- Psychobiology of depression/distress in congestive heart failureKaki M York
VAMC, Psychology Service 116B, North Florida South Georgia VA Healthcare System, 1601 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Heart Fail Rev 14:35-50. 2009..These mechanisms are reviewed in this article. Additional novel mechanisms such as mental stress-induced myocardial ischemia are also discussed...
- Do men and women differ on measures of mental stress-induced ischemia?Kaki M York
Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Psychosom Med 69:918-22. 2007..However, little is known about the effects of mental stress on ischemic processes in women. Most studies to date either had few women or required a positive exercise stress test...
- Variability of myocardial ischemic responses to mental versus exercise or adenosine stress in patients with coronary artery diseaseMustafa Hassan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 15:518-25. 2008..In this study we sought to compare the within-individual ischemic responses to mental versus exercise or adenosine stress in a cohort of CAD patients...
- Usefulness of peripheral arterial tonometry in the detection of mental stress-induced myocardial ischemiaMustafa Hassan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Clin Cardiol 32:E1-6. 2009..Peripheral arterial vasoconstriction has been consistently reported as an underlying mechanism for ischemia development in this setting and as such affords a unique opportunity for the noninvasive detection of this phenomenon...
- Mental stress-induced myocardial ischemia in coronary artery disease patients with left ventricular dysfunctionMustafa Hassan
Cardiovascular Research, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 14:308-13. 2007..Mental stress-induced myocardial ischemia (MSIMI) also identifies a subset of CAD patients at increased risk for future cardiovascular events. Susceptibility to MSIMI in patients with CAD and reduced LVEF is unknown...
- Coronary artery disease and depression: patients with more depressive symptoms have lower cardiovascular reactivity during laboratory-induced mental stressKaki M York
Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Psychosom Med 69:521-8. 2007..Some researchers have proposed that negative outcomes in depressed patients with CAD may be related to exaggerated cardiovascular reactivity and psychological stress. However, the data are unclear...
- Association of beta1-adrenergic receptor genetic polymorphism with mental stress-induced myocardial ischemia in patients with coronary artery diseaseMustafa Hassan
Cardiovascular Research, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, 1601 SW Archer Rd, Code 111 D, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:763-70. 2008....
- Initial heart rate and systolic blood pressure predict outcomes in chronic heart failure patients who are evaluated for cardiac transplantJuan M Aranda
University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Clin Cardiol 30:282-7. 2007..We sought to determine whether an initial hemodynamic profile of HR and SBP could be used to predict outcomes in chronic heart failure patients evaluated for Htx...
- Pediatric behavior management techniques: a survey of predoctoral dental studentsKaki M York
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, FL, USA
J Dent Educ 71:532-9. 2007..Furthermore, student endorsement of controversial techniques appears to reflect the changing view of these techniques within the professional dental community...
- Depressive symptoms predict heart rate recovery after exercise treadmill testing in patients with coronary artery disease: results from the Psychophysiological Investigation of Myocardial Ischemia studyJoel W Hughes
Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, USA
Psychosom Med 70:456-60. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether depressive symptoms are associated with low heart rate variability (HRV) and prolonged HR recovery after exercise testing in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD)...