Affiliation: Yale University School of Medicine
- Establishing an injury prevention program to address pediatric pedestrian collisionsPina Violano
Injury Free Coalition for Kids of New Haven, Yale New Haven Hospital, 330 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Trauma Nurs 16:216-9. 2009..A reduction in pediatric pedestrian struck injuries is anticipated following program implementation in an urban area with significantly increased incidence of such injuries...
- The incidence of pedestrian distraction at urban intersections after implementation of a Streets Smarts campaignPina Violano
Injury Prevention and Research Center, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Inj Epidemiol 2:18. 2015..We sought to describe the incidence of pedestrians distracted by digital devices or other activities at two highly traveled urban intersections after the implementation of a pedestrian safety intervention at one of the intersections...
- Creating a room of our ownLinda Honan Pellico
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Nurses Staff Dev 26:104-7. 2010..In this article, the authors described the curriculum, challenges, and lessons learned in creating a portfolio development program for nurses' advancement...
- Evaluating distracted driving behaviors in parents of children in suburban and rural areas of AlabamaKimberly Massey
From the Children s of Alabama University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama K M, S K, K M, W K, K M Yale New Haven Children s Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut P V, L R Fairfield University L R, Fairfield, Connecticut
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 81:S44-7. 2016..Using the model of a previously published study from New Haven, Connecticut, we sought to investigate the driving behaviors of parents while transporting their children in Alabama...
- Drugs, guns and cars: how far we have come to improve safety in the United States; yet we still have far to goJames Dodington
Department of Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Pediatr Res . 2016..Pediatric Research (2016); doi:10.1038/pr.2016.193...
- Targeting educational initiativesPina Violano
Center for Professional Practice Excellence, Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale New Haven Children s Hospital, New Haven, CT, USA
Nurs Econ 23:248-52, 211. 2005..Patient population data were used to guide curricula development. Results included improved clinical practice in a cost-effective manner...