Affiliation: Yale University
- Cerebrospinal fluid neopterin decay characteristics after initiation of antiretroviral therapyAylin Yilmaz
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Gothenburg, Journalvagen 10, Gothenburg, 416 50, Sweden
J Neuroinflammation 10:62. 2013..We studied decay characteristics of neopterin in CSF and blood after commencement of ART in HIV-infected subjects and estimated the set-point levels of CSF neopterin after ART-mediated viral suppression...
- HIV and neurocognitive dysfunctionSerena Spudich
Department of Neurology, Yale University, 300 George Street, Room 8300C, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 10:235-43. 2013....
- Minocycline fails to modulate cerebrospinal fluid HIV infection or immune activation in chronic untreated HIV-1 infection: results of a pilot studyEmily L Ho
Department of Neurology1 University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS Res Ther 8:17. 2011..abstract:..
- Central nervous system immune activation characterizes primary human immunodeficiency virus 1 infection even in participants with minimal cerebrospinal fluid viral burdenSerena Spudich
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, USA
J Infect Dis 204:753-60. 2011..Although HIV enters the nervous system soon after transmission, the magnitude of infection and immunoactivation within the CNS during primary HIV infection (PHI) has not been characterized...
- Cerebrospinal fluid HIV escape associated with progressive neurologic dysfunction in patients on antiretroviral therapy with well controlled plasma viral loadMichael J Peluso
Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
AIDS 26:1765-74. 2012..To characterize HIV-infected patients with neurosymptomatic cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) 'escape', defined as detectable CSF HIV RNA in the setting of treatment-suppressed plasma levels or CSF RNA more than 1-log higher than plasma RNA...
- Approach to cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) biomarker discovery and evaluation in HIV infectionRichard W Price
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, Bldg 1 Room 101, Potrero Avenue, Box 0870 1001, San Francisco, CA, 94110, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 8:1147-58. 2013..Both hypothesis-based and discovery methods can be useful in advancing the definition and use of these biomarkers. ..
- Cerebrospinal fluid and neuroimaging biomarker abnormalities suggest early neurological injury in a subset of individuals during primary HIV infectionMichael J Peluso
Department of Neurology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Infect Dis 207:1703-12. 2013..Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and neuroimaging abnormalities demonstrate neuronal injury during chronic AIDS, but data on these biomarkers during primary human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is limited...
- Enfuvirtide cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) pharmacokinetics and potential use in defining CSF HIV-1 originRichard W Price
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Antivir Ther 13:369-74. 2008..Here, we define cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) enfuvirtide pharmacokinetics and present a case illustrating the use of enfuvirtide as a probe to trace the origins of CSF HIV-1 quasispecies...
- Peripheral neuropathy in primary HIV infection associates with systemic and central nervous system immune activationSamantha X Y Wang
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT Department of Neurology, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Department of Neurology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Division of Biological Chemistry, Biocenter, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 66:303-10. 2014..We prospectively studied individuals with primary HIV infection (<1 year after transmission) to assess the presence of and laboratory associations with PN in this early stage...
- Progressive increase in central nervous system immune activation in untreated primary HIV-1 infectionJoome Suh
Yale School of Medicine, 367 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Neuroinflammation 11:199. 2014....
- Longitudinal characterization of depression and mood states beginning in primary HIV infectionJessica A Gold
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 George Street, Room 8300C, New Haven, CT, USA
AIDS Behav 18:1124-32. 2014..Neither neuropsychological performance nor disease biomarkers correlated with depressed mood. Mood indices did not improve over time in the presence of ART. ..
- HIV-1-related central nervous system disease: current issues in pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatmentSerena Spudich
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2:a007120. 2012....
- Cerebral white matter integrity during primary HIV infectionPatrick W Wright
aDepartment of Biomedical Engineering bDepartment of Neurology, School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri cDepartment of Family and Preventive Medicine, UCSD, San Diego, California, USA dDepartment of Biology, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, San Juan, Puerto Rico eDepartment of Psychiatry, WUSTL School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri fDepartment of Neurology, UCSF, San Francisco, California, USA gDivision of Biological Chemistry, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria hDepartment of Radiology, WUSTL School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri iDepartment of Neurology, UNC, Chapel Hill, North Carolina jCenter for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, VA Medical Center, San Francisco kDepartment of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, UCSF, San Francisco, California lDepartment of Neurology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA Drs Serena S Spudich and Beau M Ances contributed equally to the writing of this article
AIDS 29:433-42. 2015..Inflammation and infection within the central nervous system is initiated during primary HIV infection (PHI), but the association of these processes with the integrity of brain white matter during PHI is unknown...
- Treatment benefit on cerebrospinal fluid HIV-1 levels in the setting of systemic virological suppression and failureSerena Spudich
Department of Neurology, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110 3518, USA
J Infect Dis 194:1686-96. 2006..To characterize the effect of partially suppressive combination antiretroviral therapy on cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 RNA levels and CSF inflammation...
- Antiretroviral therapy and central nervous system HIV type 1 infectionRichard W Price
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
J Infect Dis 197:S294-306. 2008..With better control of these severe disorders, attention has turned to the possible consequences of chronic silent infection and the issue of whether indolent, low-grade brain injury might require earlier treatment intervention...
- Central nervous system viral invasion and inflammation during acute HIV infectionVictor Valcour
Memory and Aging Center, Department of Neurology and Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Infect Dis 206:275-82. 2012..Understanding the earliest central nervous system (CNS) events during human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is crucial to knowledge of neuropathogenesis, but these have not previously been described in humans...
- Neuropsychological Impairment in Acute HIV and the Effect of Immediate Antiretroviral TherapyIdil Kore
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT SEARCH, The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center, Bangkok, Thailand US Military HIV Research Program, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Bethesda, MD University of California, San Francisco, CA Missouri Institute of Mental Health, University of Missouri, St Louis, MO Yale Center for Analytical Sciences, New Haven, CT and HIV NAT, The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 70:393-9. 2015..To investigate neuropsychological performance (NP) during acute HIV infection (AHI) before and after combination antiretroviral therapy (cART)...