Affiliation: Yale University
- Extra-team connections for knowledge transfer between staff teamsShoba Ramanadhan
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Health Educ Res 24:967-76. 2009..Further research on extra-team connections and knowledge transfer in low-resource, high turnover environments is needed...
- Effect of information seeking and avoidance behavior on self-rated health status among cancer survivorsMinsoo Jung
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Patient Educ Couns 92:100-6. 2013..In this context, we examined health information-seeking/avoidance as a potential mediator between social determinants and self-rated health (SRH) status among cancer survivors...
- Informal training in staff networks to support dissemination of health promotion programsShoba Ramanadhan
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Health Promot 25:12-8. 2010..To study informal skill transfer via staff networks as a complement to formal training among afterschool childcare providers implementing a health promotion program...
- Research in action: using positive deviance to improve quality of health careElizabeth H Bradley
Division of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Implement Sci 4:25. 2009..In this paper, we build on the established principle of 'positive deviance' to propose an approach to identifying practices that improve health care quality...
- Building capacity in health facility management: guiding principles for skills transfer in LiberiaLaura A Rowe
Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT, USA
Hum Resour Health 8:5. 2010....
- Addressing the Vaccine Hesitancy Continuum: An Audience Segmentation Analysis of American Adults Who Did Not Receive the 2009 H1N1 VaccineShoba Ramanadhan
Center for Community Based Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, LW 601, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Vaccines (Basel) 3:556-78. 2015..This analysis highlights the potential to use segmentation techniques to identify subgroups on the vaccine hesitancy continuum and tailor public engagement efforts accordingly. ..
- Graphic health warnings as activators of social networks: A field experiment among individuals of low socioeconomic positionShoba Ramanadhan
Center for Community Based Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, LW601, Boston, MA 02215, United States Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, United States Electronic address
Soc Sci Med . 2017..One mechanism by which GHWs may influence smoking outcomes is by prompting interpersonal discussions within health discussion networks (the set of personal contacts with whom an individual discusses health issues)...
- The communications revolution and health inequalities in the 21st century: implications for cancer controlK Viswanath
Harvard School of Public Health, 450 Brookline Ave LW601, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1701-8. 2012..Drawing on illustrative data, this essay characterizes the communications revolution and elucidates its implications for cancer control, with a particular focus on communication inequalities and cancer disparities...
- Perceptions of evidence-based programs among community-based organizations tackling health disparities: a qualitative studyShoba Ramanadhan
Center for Community Based Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Health Educ Res 27:717-28. 2012..An updated perspective should better incorporate CBO perspectives on evidence and place greater, and much needed, emphasis on the impact of context for EBP dissemination in community settings...
- Effect of media use on HIV-related stigma in Sub-Saharan Africa: a cross-sectional studyMesfin Awoke Bekalu
Center for Community Based Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America School for Mass Communication Research, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium Department of Journalism and Communication, Bahir Dar University, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
PLoS ONE 9:e100467. 2014....
- Social media use by community-based organizations conducting health promotion: a content analysisShoba Ramanadhan
Center for Community Based Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, LW 703, Boston, MA 02215, USA
BMC Public Health 13:1129. 2013..This study assesses the extent to which CBOs engaged in health promotion use popular social media channels, the types of content typically shared, and the extent to which the interactive aspects of social media tools are utilized...
- Class, race, ethnicity and information needs in post-treatment cancer patientsEzequiel M Galarce
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:432-9. 2011..The goal of this study was to develop a taxonomy of topics for which post-treatment cancer patients sought information, and to explore HISB patterns by sociodemographic factors and cancer type...