Affiliation: Yale University
- Spatial adaptations for plant foraging: women excel and calories countJoshua New
Department of Psychology, Yale University, 2 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
Proc Biol Sci 274:2679-84. 2007..Together, these results demonstrate that human spatial cognition is content sensitive, domain specific and designed by natural selection to mesh with important regularities of the ancestral world...
- Category-specific attention for animals reflects ancestral priorities, not expertiseJoshua New
Center for Evolutionary Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16598-603. 2007....
- "Perceptual scotomas": a functional account of motion-induced blindnessJOSHUA J NEW
Department of Psychology, Yale University, Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
Psychol Sci 19:653-9. 2008..We describe three experiments demonstrating new phenomena predicted by this account and discuss how it can also explain several previous results...
- Subjective time dilation: spatially local, object-based, or a global visual experience?JOSHUA J NEW
Perception and Cognition Laboratory, Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
J Vis 9:4.1-11. 2009..As a result, attention influences subjective time dilation as a global visual experience...
- The scope of social attention deficits in autism: prioritized orienting to people and animals in static natural scenesJOSHUA J NEW
Yale University, Department of Psychology, USA
Neuropsychologia 48:51-9. 2010..These results suggest that social attention - and its impairment in autism - may not be a unitary phenomenon: impairments in visual processing of specific social cues may occur despite intact categorical prioritization of social agents...
- Social Attention in Normal and Autistic IndividualsJoshua New; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..