Douglas S Mennin
Affiliation: Yale University
- Preliminary evidence for an emotion dysregulation model of generalized anxiety disorderDouglas S Mennin
Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Behav Res Ther 43:1281-310. 2005..Further, GAD participants had more difficulty managing their emotional reactions. Implications for GAD and psychopathology in general are discussed...
- Emotion regulation deficits in generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, and their co-occurrenceDouglas S Mennin
Department of Psychology, Yale University, P O Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Anxiety Disord 23:866-71. 2009..Although their discriminatory ability was weaker, poor emotional understanding best predicted a diagnosis of SAD (regardless of GAD comorbidity), and non-acceptance of emotions best predicted comorbid GAD and SAD...
- Using the Penn State Worry Questionnaire to identify individuals with generalized anxiety disorder: a receiver operating characteristic analysisDavid M Fresco
Department of Psychology, Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple University, Weiss Hall, Temple University, 1701 North 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122 6085, USA
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 34:283-91. 2003..Results support the use of the PSWQ in screening individuals likely to meet criteria for GAD who present for treatment at an anxiety disorders specialty clinic...
- The impact of pretrauma analogue GAD and posttraumatic emotional reactivity following exposure to the September 11 terrorist attacks: a longitudinal studyFrank J Farach
Department of Psychology, Yale University, Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Ther 39:262-76. 2008..Avoidance of emotions 4 months after 9/11 also mediated the relation between preattack analogue GAD and posttraumatic stress symptoms 12 months after 9/11...
- Delineating components of emotion and its dysregulation in anxiety and mood psychopathologyDouglas S Mennin
Departmentof Psychology, Yale University, P O Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Ther 38:284-302. 2007..Finally, the 4 components demonstrated both common and specific relationships to self-reported symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder, major depression, and social anxiety disorder...
- Is generalized anxiety disorder an anxiety or mood disorder? Considering multiple factors as we ponder the fate of GADDouglas S Mennin
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:289-99. 2008..Finally, although overlap between GAD and MDD is reflected in their relationships to negative affectivity, temporal relationships between these disorders may be demonstrated by functional changes in emotional responsivity...
- Level of emotional awareness as a differentiating variable between individuals with and without generalized anxiety disorderPaige Novick-Kline
Department of Psychology, La Salle University, 1900 W Olney Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
J Anxiety Disord 19:557-72. 2005..Individuals with GAD scored significantly higher than controls on emotional awareness. These findings are discussed in light of the theoretical implications for GAD...
- The contributory role of worry in emotion generation and dysregulation in generalized anxiety disorderKatie A McLaughlin
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Res Ther 45:1735-52. 2007..However, acceptance and management deficits were most pronounced in individuals with both GAD and co-occurring dysphoria. Implications for the role of emotions in conceptualization and treatment of GAD are discussed...
- Impairment and quality of life in individuals with generalized anxiety disorderEric R Henning
Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple, Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Depress Anxiety 24:342-9. 2007..However, individuals with GAD and comorbid disorders perceived their lives as less satisfying than did individuals with GAD without comorbid diagnoses...
- Confirmatory factor analysis of the Penn State Worry QuestionnaireDavid M Fresco
Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple University, Department of Psychology, Philadelphia, PA 19122 6085, USA
Behav Res Ther 40:313-23. 2002..Factor 2 (Absence of Worry) demonstrated moderate negative correlations with Worry Engagement and the PSWQ Total Score but only modest correlations with depression and anxiety...
- Screening for social anxiety disorder in the clinical setting: using the Liebowitz Social Anxiety ScaleDouglas S Mennin
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122 6085, USA
J Anxiety Disord 16:661-73. 2002..We sought to determine optimal cutoff values for the Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale (LSAS) total and subscale scores for the diagnosis of social anxiety disorder (SAD) and designation of the generalized subtype of SAD...
- United we stand: emphasizing commonalities across cognitive-behavioral therapiesDouglas S Mennin
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, 695 Park Avenue, HN611, New York, NY 10065, USA
Behav Ther 44:234-48. 2013....
- Emotion-related regulatory difficulties contribute to negative psychological outcomes in active-duty Iraq war soldiers with and without posttraumatic stress disorderDavid H Klemanski
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Depress Anxiety 29:621-8. 2012..Emotion-regulation difficulties are important to consider in the relationship between PTSD and additional psychological outcomes in recently deployed personnel. Implications for treatment are briefly discussed...
- Differentiating Worry and Rumination: Evidence from Heart Rate Variability During Spontaneous RegulationAmelia Aldao
Department of Psychology, The Ohio State University, 1835 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cognit Ther Res 37:613-619. 2013....
- Clarifying the unique associations among intolerance of uncertainty, anxiety, and depressionDane Jensen
a Psychology Department, Temple University, 1701 N 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Cogn Behav Ther 45:431-44. 2016..Findings suggest that IU may play a larger role in anxiety than depression, although some evidence indicates that inhibitory IU and depression may have a modest but independent relationship. ..
- Paradoxical cardiovascular effects of implementing adaptive emotion regulation strategies in generalized anxiety disorderAmelia Aldao
Department of Psychology, Yale University, 2 Hillhouse Ave, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Res Ther 50:122-30. 2012..We discuss the implications of these findings for the delineation of emotion regulation deficits in psychopathology...
- Mindfulness and heart rate variability in individuals with high and low generalized anxiety symptomsAnnette M Mankus
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, 695 Park Ave 611 North, New York, NY 10065, USA
Behav Res Ther 51:386-91. 2013..We address the limitations of the current investigation and suggest avenues for future research on mindfulness-related changes in tonic and phasic HRV over time...