Patricia S Keenan
Affiliation: Yale University
- Biotechnology and Medicare's new technology policy: lessons from three case studiesPatricia Seliger Keenan
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1260-9. 2006..The cases suggest Medicare's ongoing challenge to balance access considerations, the role and strength of evidence, and cost consequences of new treatments...
- The 'graying' of group health insurancePatricia Seliger Keenan
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, in New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1497-506. 2006..Population aging could interact with rising premiums and place additional pressure on an already strained employment-based health insurance system...
- Smoking and weight change after new health diagnoses in older adultsPatricia S Keenan
Yale University School of Medicine, Yale School of Public Health, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06437, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:237-42. 2009..Smoking and patterns of diet and activity are the 2 leading underlying causes of death in the United States, yet the factors that prompt individuals to adopt healthier habits are not well understood...
- Quality assessments by sick and healthy beneficiaries in traditional Medicare and Medicare managed carePatricia S Keenan
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Yale School of Public Health, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut v, USA
Med Care 47:882-8. 2009..It is important to understand how financing and organizational arrangements relate to quality of care...
- Geographic area variations in the Medicare health plan eraPatricia S Keenan
Yale School of Public Health, Yale School of Medicine, 60 College St 300C New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Med Care 48:260-6. 2010..Prior research identified variations in care experiences across Medicare health plans (Medicare Advantage [MA]), but the relative amount of variation in MA and traditional fee-for-service (FFS) Medicare is unknown...
- Medicare's national coverage decisions, 1999-2003: quality of evidence and review timesPeter J Neumann
Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:243-54. 2005..Decisions referred to the external Medicare Coverage Advisory Committee (MCAC) have averaged eight months longer than non-MCAC decisions...
- Increasing health insurance costs and the decline in insurance coverageMichael Chernew
Department of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Health Serv Res 40:1021-39. 2005..To determine the impact of rising health insurance premiums on coverage rates...