Paul T Jubinsky
Affiliation: Yale University
- The yeast magmas ortholog pam16 has an essential function in fermentative growth that involves sphingolipid metabolismMary K Short
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39428. 2012..Our results suggest that the pleiotropic effects caused by impaired Pam16/Magmas function are mediated in part by changes in lipid metabolism...
- Severe Evans syndrome with multi-system involvement is a distinct immunodeficiency disorderPaul T Jubinsky
Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 52:659-61. 2009..These features place the patient at the most severe portion of the Evans syndrome spectrum, and suggest that this case may represent a rare, new immunodeficiency disorder...
- Design, synthesis, and biological activity of novel Magmas inhibitorsPaul T Jubinsky
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Yale University Medical School, New Haven, CT 06510, United States
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:3479-82. 2011..Target specificity of the lead compound was established by demonstrating direct binding of the compound to Magmas and by genetic studies. Molecular modeling suggested that the inhibitor bound at the predicted site in Magmas...
- Magmas expression in neoplastic human prostatePaul T Jubinsky
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
J Mol Histol 36:69-75. 2005..Further studies are needed to determine if Magmas expression has prognostic significance in prostate cancer...
- Magmas gene structure and evolutionJianbin Peng
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute, New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
In Silico Biol 5:251-63. 2005..These studies demonstrate that Magmas members constitute an important family of conserved proteins having multifunctional activities, and provide a basis for future experiments...
- A syndrome of holoprosencephaly, recurrent infections, and monocytosisPaul T Jubinsky
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, New York, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:2742-8. 2006..This is the first report demonstrating an association between abnormal mononuclear phagocytes and holoprosencephaly...
- Therapeutic strategies for targeting mononuclear phagocytes in cancerDavid S Dickens
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Helen DeVos Children s Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:14-7. 2009..Thus therapies that regulate these cells represent an innovative approach for improving patient survival in childhood cancer...
- Essential role of Drosophila black-pearl is mediated by its effects on mitochondrial respirationSoumit Roy
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
FASEB J 26:3822-33. 2012....
- New roles for mononuclear phagocytes in cancer biologyPaul T Jubinsky
Pediatric Hematology Oncology and Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Children s Hospital, Montefiore, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:584-91. 2008..2008, in press) describes the targeting of these cells for therapeutic benefit. Incorporating these strategies into future childhood cancer protocols could be an innovative approach for improving patient outcome...