Affiliation: Yale University
- Increased brain uptake and oxidation of acetate in heavy drinkersLihong Jiang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Clin Invest 123:1605-14. 2013..Our finding suggests that a new therapeutic approach to supply acetate during alcohol detoxification may be beneficial...
- Cortical substrate oxidation during hyperketonemia in the fasted anesthetized rat in vivoLihong Jiang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, The Anylan Center, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:2313-23. 2011....
- Recurrent antecedent hypoglycemia alters neuronal oxidative metabolism in vivoLihong Jiang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, The Anlyan Center, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Diabetes 58:1266-74. 2009....
- Lactate preserves neuronal metabolism and function following antecedent recurrent hypoglycemiaRaimund I Herzog
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8040, USA
J Clin Invest 123:1988-98. 2013..Lactate is, however, able to modulate metabolic and neuronal activity, serving as a "metabolic regulator" instead...
- Glutamate metabolism in major depressive disorderChadi G Abdallah
From the Department of Psychiatry, The Department of Diagnostic Imaging, and the Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn the Clinical Neuroscience Research Unit, Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven and the Clinical Neuroscience Division, National Center for PTSD, West Haven, Conn
Am J Psychiatry 171:1320-7. 2014..Signs of a specific form of glutamate-related dysfunction that could be targeted by novel therapies were found using novel, state-of-the-art techniques to address this issue. ..
- Distribution of temperature changes and neurovascular coupling in rat brain following 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, "ecstasy") exposureDaniel Coman
Magnetic Resonance Research Center MRRC, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
NMR Biomed 28:1257-66. 2015..Considering that MDMA effects on CBF and heat dissipation (as well as potential heat generation) may vary regionally, neuroprotection may require different cooling strategies...
- The contribution of ketone bodies to basal and activity-dependent neuronal oxidation in vivoGolam M I Chowdhury
Department of Psychiatry, The Anlyan Center, Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 34:1233-42. 2014..We conclude that ketone bodies present at sufficient concentration to saturate metabolism provides full support of basal (housekeeping) energy needs and up to approximately half of the activity-dependent oxidative needs of neurons...
- Regional metabolite levels and turnover in the awake rat brain under the influence of nicotineJie Wang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Neurochem 113:1447-58. 2010..In summary, the study revealed that the neurochemicals were most affected in the cortex and striatum of the rat brain after acute nicotine treatment...
- Decreased occipital cortical glutamate levels in response to successful cognitive-behavioral therapy and pharmacotherapy for major depressive disorderChadi G Abdallah
Abraham Ribicoff Research Facilities, Connecticut Mental Health Center CMHC, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Psychother Psychosom 83:298-307. 2014..In light of these findings we sought to determine if baseline GABA levels predict treatment response and to broaden the analysis to other metabolites and neurotransmitters in this larger study...
- An ethanol vapor chamber system for small animalsJie Wang
State Key Laboratory of Magnetic Resonance and Atomic and Molecular Physics, Wuhan Center for Magnetic Resonance, Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
J Neurosci Methods 208:79-85. 2012..The lack of a heater and electrical components that could come into contact with ethanol in our case facilitated institutional approval...