Karl L Insogna
Affiliation: Yale University
- The effect of proton pump-inhibiting drugs on mineral metabolismKarl L Insogna
Department of Medicine, Endocrine Section, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8020, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:S2-4. 2009..In the long term, this could potentially lead to a negative whole body calcium balance, resulting in higher rates of bone loss and a greater risk of fragility fractures...
- Survey of the enthesopathy of X-linked hypophosphatemia and its characterization in Hyp miceGuoying Liang
Department of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Yale University, P O Box 208020, New Haven, CT 06520 8020, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 85:235-46. 2009....
- Circulating levels of soluble klotho and FGF23 in X-linked hypophosphatemia: circadian variance, effects of treatment, and relationship to parathyroid statusThomas O Carpenter
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:E352-7. 2010....
- Treatment of osteoporosis and osteopenia in long-term renal transplant patients with alendronateDinna N Cruz
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8029, USA
Am J Transplant 2:62-7. 2002..Whether patients with lesser degrees of bone loss and/or patients without parameters of high bone turnover can also benefit from bisphosphonate therapy deserves further study...
- The expanding role of PI3-kinase in boneLauren H Golden
Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Bone 34:3-12. 2004..The classification, structure, function, and regulation of PI3-Ks will be reviewed here, with particular emphasis on the role of PI3-K in bone...
- The effects of dietary protein and amino acids on skeletal metabolismJessica D Bihuniak
Department of Allied Health Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 06269 1101, USA Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, 06269 1101, USA Electronic address
Mol Cell Endocrinol 410:78-86. 2015..The cellular and molecular mechanisms that underpin the actions of dietary protein on mineral metabolism and skeletal homeostasis remain unclear. This review attempts to summarize recent data bearing on these questions. ..
- The Effect of a Whey Protein Supplement on Bone Mass in Older Caucasian AdultsJane E Kerstetter
Department of Allied Health Sciences J E K, J D B, S L, B M K, E G S, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 1101 Center on Aging A M K, J B, A K, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 Department of Internal Medicine J D B, R R S, C A S, A M C, E G S, K L I, Section of Endocrinology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 Institute for Aging Research K M M, Hebrew SeniorLife, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114 and Yale Center for Analytical Sciences J R, J D, Yale School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 100:2214-22. 2015..However, studies using stable Ca isotopes have found that dietary protein increases Ca absorption without increasing bone resorption...
- Phosphorus-31 MRI of hard and soft solids using quadratic echo line-narrowingMerideth A Frey
Department of Physics, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:5190-5. 2012..Here we demonstrate that this method can be used to carry out three-dimensional MRI of the phosphorus ((31)P) in ex vivo bone and soft tissue samples...
- Meat and soy protein affect calcium homeostasis in healthy womenJane E Kerstetter
Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT, USA
J Nutr 136:1890-5. 2006..1) when they consumed the soy diets rather than the meat diets. These data indicate that when soy protein is substituted for meat protein, there is an acute decline in dietary calcium bioavailability...
- The role of the receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand/osteoprotegerin cytokine system in primary hyperparathyroidismInaam A Nakchbandi
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:967-73. 2008..The objective of this investigation was to examine changes in serum levels of receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand and osteoprotegerin (OPG) in primary hyperparathyroidism and their relationship to bone loss...
- Fibroblast growth factor 7: an inhibitor of phosphate transport derived from oncogenic osteomalacia-causing tumorsThomas O Carpenter
Endocrine Sections of the Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208064, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1012-20. 2005..Finally, FGF7 message was confirmed in PCR products of mRNA extracted from fragments of each tumor. Members of the FGF family (other than FGF23) are expressed by OO-associated tumors and may play a role in mediating this syndrome...
- Overexpression of parathyroid hormone-related protein causes hypercalcemia but not bone metastases in a murine model of mammary tumorigenesisJohn J Wysolmerski
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Bone Miner Res 17:1164-70. 2002....
- A clinician's guide to X-linked hypophosphatemiaThomas O Carpenter
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8064, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:1381-8. 2011..We briefly review the clinical and pathophysiologic features of the disorder and offer this guide in response to the conference recommendation, based on our collective accumulated experience in the management of this complex disorder...