J R Ickovics
Affiliation: Yale University
- High postpartum rates of sexually transmitted infections among teens: pregnancy as a window of opportunity for preventionJ R Ickovics
Yale University, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Sex Transm Infect 79:469-73. 2003..To identify incidence and predictors of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae among postpartum adolescents. These estimates are compared to similar estimates among a cohort of non-pregnant, sexually active teens...
- Long-term effects of HIV counseling and testing for women: behavioral and psychological consequences are limited at 18 months posttestJ R Ickovics
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
Health Psychol 17:395-402. 1998..HIV counseling and testing should be considered one aspect of a broader program of HIV prevention. Identification of alternative interventions must be a public health priority...
- Knowledge of sex partner treatment for past bacterial STI and risk of current STIL M Niccolai
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, 60 College Street, PO Box 208034, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Sex Transm Infect 81:271-5. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the relation between knowledge of partner treatment for a past STI and current infection in the index patient...
- Infant birth weight among women with or at high risk for HIV infection: the impact of clinical, behavioral, psychosocial, and demographic factorsJ R Ickovics
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health and Yale Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
Health Psychol 19:515-23. 2000..This is particularly important for women with HIV because birth weight is associated with risk of HIV transmission from mother to child...
- Adherence to HAART among patients with HIV: breakthroughs and barriersJ R Ickovics
Yale University, School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
AIDS Care 14:309-18. 2002..Despite substantial attention to adherence in recent years, much more remains to be done to understand and promote adherence to HAART...
- Mortality, CD4 cell count decline, and depressive symptoms among HIV-seropositive women: longitudinal analysis from the HIV Epidemiology Research StudyJ R Ickovics
Yale University, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, PO Box 208034, 60 College St, Suite 415, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
JAMA 285:1466-74. 2001..The impact of depression on morbidity and mortality among women with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) has not been examined despite the fact that women with HIV have substantially higher rates of depression than their male counterparts...
- Experiences of racial discrimination & relation to violence perpetration and gang involvement among a sample of urban African American menElizabeth Reed
Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University School of Public Health, 135 College Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 12:319-26. 2010..To examine racial discrimination and its relation to violence involvement among a sample of urban African American men...
- "A grief observed": the experience of HIV-related illness and death among women in a clinic-based sample in New Haven, ConnecticutJ R Ickovics
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 66:958-66. 1998..Women who experienced multiple AIDS-related losses over the course of the study were significantly more anxious than those who experienced no loss or 1 loss. Implications for clinical interventions are discussed...
- Self-reported zidovudine adherence among pregnant women with human immunodeficiency virus infection in four US statesT E Wilson
State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn 11203, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:1235-40. 2001..The success of these therapies may be limited among some patients by incomplete regimen adherence, particularly among illicit drug users...
- Adolescent women underestimate their susceptibility to sexually transmitted infectionsK A Ethier
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Division of STD Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Sex Transm Infect 79:408-11. 2003..The objectives of the current analyses were to: (1) examine the relation between perceived susceptibility and indicators of risk; and (2) investigate the relation between perceived susceptibility and actual STI diagnosis...