Affiliation: Yale University
- Extended arch resection in acute type A aortic dissection: CONArnar Geirsson
Section of Cardiac Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, Boardman 204, PO Box 208039, New Haven, CT 06520 8039, USA
Cardiol Clin 28:343-7. 2010..This article reviews the literature pertaining to extent of distal aortic replacement in acute type A aortic dissection, arguing that a conservative approach is associated with more favorable outcome...
- Modulation of transforming growth factor-β signaling and extracellular matrix production in myxomatous mitral valves by angiotensin II receptor blockersArnar Geirsson
Section of Cardiac Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 330 Cedar Street, BB204, PO Box 208039, New Haven, CT 06520 8039, USA
Circulation 126:S189-97. 2012....
- Pseudoprolapse of the anterior leaflet in chronic ischemic mitral regurgitation: identification and repairSabet W Hashim
Section of Cardiac Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 143:S33-7. 2012..We postulated that the high early recurrence rates resulted from the presence of untreated pseudoprolapse of the anterior leaflet...
- Activation of human vascular cells decreases their expression of transforming growth factor-betaAmir H Lebastchi
Department of Surgery, Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, United States
Atherosclerosis 219:417-24. 2011..We investigated the expression, regulation, and responses of TGF-β in human arterial tissues and cells...
- miR-1 mediated suppression of Sorcin regulates myocardial contractility through modulation of Ca2+ signalingRahmat Ali
Section of Cardiac Surgery, Department of Surgery, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:1027-37. 2012..These findings demonstrate the importance of miR-1 in cardiac function and in the pathogenesis of heart failure via Sorcin-dependent calcium homeostasis...
- The "free" right internal thoracic artery: a versatile and durable conduitRoland Assi
Department of Surgery, Section of Cardiac Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
J Card Surg 29:609-15. 2014..To broaden its application, we frequently use the RITA as a free graft. In this study, we review our experience with the RITA as an in situ and free graft...
- Solving the puzzle of chronic ischemic mitral regurgitationSabet W Hashim
Yale University School of Medicine, Section of Cardiac Surgery, New Haven, CT 06520 8039, USA
Yale J Biol Med 81:167-73. 2008..Using a technique that corrects this prolapse with Gore-Tex neochords, we have achieved excellent results with effective and durable correction of the ischemic mitral regurgitation...
- IFN-gamma primes intact human coronary arteries and cultured coronary smooth muscle cells to double-stranded RNA- and self-RNA-induced inflammatory responses by upregulating TLR3 and melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5Usman Ahmad
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Immunol 185:1283-94. 2010....