Affiliation: Yale University
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma with features resembling verrucous hemangiomaAnjela Galan
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:68-70. 2007..However, changes resembling verrucous hemangioma associated with EAH, as seen in this case, have not been emphasized in the literature. The findings are unusual and expand the histological spectrum of this hamartoma...
- Fatal HHV6 infection in an immunocompromised patient presenting with skin involvementAnjela Galan
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8059, USA
J Cutan Pathol 37:277-81. 2010..Although rare, HHV6 virus may be an important pathogen in immunocompromised patients, and may present initially in the skin. Awareness of this infection is critical to diagnosis in acute settings...
- Langerhans cells facilitate epithelial DNA damage and squamous cell carcinomaBadri G Modi
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Science 335:104-8. 2012..Thus, tissue-associated DC can enhance chemical carcinogenesis via PAH metabolism, highlighting the complex relation between immune cells and carcinogenesis...
- Aged B cells alter immune regulation of allografts in miceDaniel N Mori
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Eur J Immunol 46:2650-2658. 2016..Our study indicates that ABCs impair the immune regulation of allografts. Thus, recipient age needs to be considered when proposing B-cell-depleting immune therapy...
- Revisiting histopathologic findings in Goltz syndromeChristine J Ko
Department of Dermatology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
J Cutan Pathol 43:418-21. 2016....
- Langerhans cells in squamous cell carcinoma vs. pseudoepitheliomatous hyperplasia of the skinAnjela Galan
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:950-2. 2007..SCCs of the head and neck similarly have decreased E-cadherin expression, but E-cadherin expression is preserved in PEH. We hypothesized that PEH of the skin would have an increased number of Langerhans cells compared with SCC...
- Multiple cutaneous metastases: a rare and late sequelae of lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinomaJaroslaw Jedrych
Department of Pathology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8023, USA
J Cutan Pathol 40:341-5. 2013..This report illustrates the importance of juditious clinico-pathologic correlation and raises awareness regarding prolonged latency of cutaneous metastases in patients with visceral ACC. ..
- Haptoglobin activates innate immunity to enhance acute transplant rejection in miceHua Shen
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Clin Invest 122:383-7. 2012..Thus, our results show that haptoglobin release following skin necrosis contributes to accelerated transplant rejection, with potential implications for the development of localized immunosuppressive therapies...
- Molecular analysis of tumor-promoting CD8+ T cells in two-stage cutaneous chemical carcinogenesisBernice Y Kwong
Department of Dermatology and Skin Diseases Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Invest Dermatol 130:1726-36. 2010..The data are also likely germane to psoriasis, in which the epidermis may be infiltrated by CD8(+) IL-17-producing T cells...
- Absence of human herpesvirus 8 in pemphigus and bullous pemphigoidAnjela Galan
Department of Pathology, Yale University of School of Medicine New Haven, CT, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2:456-62. 2009..Published studies have shown contradictory evidence regarding the presence of HHV8 in vesiculobullous diseases such as pemphigus and pemphigoid. Our results refute a causal relationship between HHV8 and PV, PF and BP...
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy)Anjela Galan
Departments of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8031, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 18:614-7. 2006..This review provides an update and highlights recent theories, achievements and ongoing research in understanding this emerging and enigmatic disorder...
- Metastatic cutaneous carcinoid tumor mimicking an adnexal poroid neoplasmPuja Kumari Puri
Department of Pathology, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:54-7. 2008..Metastatic cutaneous neoplasms may be difficult to differentiate from primary cutaneous neoplasms. Herein, we report an unusual case of metastatic cutaneous carcinoid tumor mimicking an adnexal poroid neoplasm...