Affiliation: Yale Prevention Research Center
- Evaluating the impact of mobile telephone technology on type 2 diabetic patients' self-management: the NICHE pilot studyZubaida Faridi
Prevention Research Center, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT 06418, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 14:465-9. 2008..The primary aim of the study is to examine the feasibility of utilizing this technology to assist with diabetes self-care in a clinic population as well as its impact on clinical outcomes...
- Community-based participatory research: necessary next stepsZubaida Faridi
Yale Griffin Prevention Research Center, Yale School of Medicine, Derby, CT 06418, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A70. 2007..The assessment will likely contribute to the development of a standard set of competencies and resources required for effective CBPR...
- Effects of sugar-sweetened and sugar-free cocoa on endothelial function in overweight adultsValentine Yanchou Njike
Prevention Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, Derby, CT 06418, USA
Int J Cardiol 149:83-8. 2011..Studies of cocoa suggest an array of cardiovascular benefits; however, the effects of daily intake of sugar-free and sugar-sweetened cocoa beverages on endothelial function (EF) have yet to be established...
- Partners reducing effects of diabetes (PREDICT): a diabetes prevention physical activity and dietary intervention through African-American churchesZubaida Faridi
Yale Prevention Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, Derby, CT, USA
Health Educ Res 25:306-15. 2010..The results indicate important obstacles which impeded the successful implementation of this intervention and lessons learned for future interventions...
- A pilot study of chromium picolinate for weight lossYuka Yazaki
Yale Griffin Prevention Research Center, Derby, CT 06418, USA
J Altern Complement Med 16:291-9. 2010..Chromium is an essential trace element and nutritional supplement that has garnered interest for use as a weight loss aid...
- Daily egg consumption in hyperlipidemic adults--effects on endothelial function and cardiovascular riskValentine Njike
Yale Griffin Prevention Research Center, 130 Division Street, Derby, CT 06418, USA
Nutr J 9:28. 2010..However, recent evidence suggests that dietary cholesterol has limited influence on serum cholesterol or cardiac risk...
- Impact of an educational intervention on internal medicine residents' physical activity counselling: the Pressure System ModelDavid L Katz
Yale Prevention Research Center, Derby, CT 06418, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 14:294-9. 2008..This study evaluates the impact of an innovative physician counselling programme on physicians' PA counselling behaviour and their patients' PA levels...
- The role of culture, environment, and religion in the promotion of physical activity among Arab IsraelisKerem Shuval
Yale Griffin Prevention Research Center, 130 Division St, 2nd Floor, Derby, CT 06418, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A88. 2008..To improve our understanding of the cultural, religious, and environmental barriers and enablers to physical activity, we conducted a qualitative study among Arab Israeli college students in Israel...
- Acute dark chocolate and cocoa ingestion and endothelial function: a randomized controlled crossover trialZubaida Faridi
Yale Prevention Research Center, Derby, CT, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 88:58-63. 2008..Studies suggest cardioprotective benefits of dark chocolate containing cocoa...
- The stratification of foods on the basis of overall nutritional quality: the overall nutritional quality indexDavid L Katz
Prevention Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT 06418, USA
Am J Health Promot 24:133-43. 2009..The development of an objective, science-based, and universally applicable system of nutrition guidance would be of considerable potential value to the public health...
- The pain of fibromyalgia syndrome is due to muscle hypoperfusion induced by regional vasomotor dysregulationDavid L Katz
Yale Prevention Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 130 Division Street, Derby, CT 06418, USA
Med Hypotheses 69:517-25. 2007..The hypothesis that the downstream cause of FMS symptoms is muscle hypoperfusion due to regional vasomotor dysregulation has clear implications for treatment; is testable with current technology; and should be investigated...