Frank J Farach
Affiliation: Yale University
- The contributory role of worry in emotion generation and dysregulation in generalized anxiety disorderKatie A McLaughlin
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Res Ther 45:1735-52. 2007..However, acceptance and management deficits were most pronounced in individuals with both GAD and co-occurring dysphoria. Implications for the role of emotions in conceptualization and treatment of GAD are discussed...
- The impact of pretrauma analogue GAD and posttraumatic emotional reactivity following exposure to the September 11 terrorist attacks: a longitudinal studyFrank J Farach
Department of Psychology, Yale University, Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Ther 39:262-76. 2008..Avoidance of emotions 4 months after 9/11 also mediated the relation between preattack analogue GAD and posttraumatic stress symptoms 12 months after 9/11...
- Repeated trauma exposure does not impair distress reduction during imaginal exposure for posttraumatic stress disorderAlissa B Jerud
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Depress Anxiety . 2016..This study examined whether repeated trauma exposure predicts smaller changes in self-reported distress during imaginal exposure and worse outcomes for patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Pharmacological treatment of anxiety disorders: current treatments and future directionsFrank J Farach
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 1525, USA
J Anxiety Disord 26:833-43. 2012..We highlight directions for future research, as neither of these approaches is ready for routine clinical use...
- Efficacy of CBT for benzodiazepine discontinuation in patients with panic disorder: Further evaluationMichael W Otto
Department of Psychology, Boston University, 648 Beacon Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Behav Res Ther 48:720-7. 2010..These findings suggest that CBT provides specific efficacy for the successful discontinuation from BZs, even when controlling for therapist contact and relaxation training...