Affiliation: Yale University
- Using the Cultural Formulation Interview to Build Culturally Sensitive ServicesEsperanza Diaz
The authors are with the Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut e mail Marcela Horvitz Lennon, M D, M P H, is editor of this column
Psychiatr Serv . 2016..Routine use of the CFI can help clinicians identify unique needs and preferences by understanding an individual within his or her cultural context...
- Perceived needs and service use of Spanish speaking monolingual patients followed at a Hispanic clinicE Diaz
Northeast Program Evaluation Center, Yale University Medical School, USA
Community Ment Health J 37:335-46. 2001..Additional interventions may be needed to address this problem...
- Use of the Medication Event Monitoring System to estimate medication compliance in patients with schizophreniaE Diaz
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, New Haven, Conn, USA
J Psychiatry Neurosci 26:325-9. 2001..To determine the feasibility of using the Medication Event Monitoring System (MEMS) to estimate medication compliance in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...
- Adherence to conventional and atypical antipsychotics after hospital dischargeEsperanza Diaz
Department of Psychiatry and the Treatment Research Program, Yale University, 34 Park Street, Room 273A, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:354-60. 2004..We examined the interaction of several predictors such as gender, severity of illness, attitudes toward medications, side effects, and dose frequency...
- Effects of ethnicity on psychotropic medications adherenceEsperanza Diaz
Yale University School of Medicine, 34 Park Street, Office 273 A, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Community Ment Health J 41:521-37. 2005..Further studies are needed to better understand and improve adherence among Hispanics and African-Americans...
- Inconsistencies in diagnosis and symptoms among bilingual and English-speaking Latinos and Euro-AmericansEsperanza Diaz
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Hispanic Clinic, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1379-82. 2009..research questions: Do Latinos have disproportionate rates of clinical diagnoses of major depression based on structured diagnostic interviews? Are diagnostic patterns consistent with patient profiles and medical record information?..
- Characteristics of participants and nonparticipants in medication trials for treatment of schizophreniaS W Woods
Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven 06519, USA
Psychiatr Serv 51:79-84. 2000....
- Best practices: racial and ethnic effects on antipsychotic prescribing practices in a community mental health centerScott W Woods
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06515, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:177-9. 2003
- MEDICATION ADHERENCE IN LATINOSEsperanza Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2004..leading to a Masters in Public Health. Dr. Diaz will also develop skills in descriptive and qualitative research, Data collection, Data analysis. Dr. Diaz will have an R01 proposal ready by the end of funding. ..