Marc A Brackett
Affiliation: Yale University
- Relating emotional intelligence to social competence and academic achievement in high school studentsPaloma Gil-Olarte Márquez
University of Cadiz, Spain
Psicothema 18:118-23. 2006..Most of the findings remained significant after personality and academic intelligence were statistically controlled. The potential utility of EI in the context of academic institutions is discussed...
- Convergent, discriminant, and incremental validity of competing measures of emotional intelligenceMarc A Brackett
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 29:1147-58. 2003..In general, results showed that ability EI and self-report EI are weakly related and yield different measurements of the same person...
- Relating emotional abilities to social functioning: a comparison of self-report and performance measures of emotional intelligenceMarc A Brackett
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 91:780-95. 2006..Implications for analyzing how emotional abilities contribute to social behavior are discussed, as is the importance of incorporating gender into theoretical frameworks and study designs...
- Measuring emotional intelligence with the Mayer-Salovery-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)Marc A Brackett
Yale University, USA
Psicothema 18:34-41. 2006..Findings regarding the low correlations between MSCEIT scores and self-report measures of EI also are presented. In the conclusion the authors' provide potential directions for future research on emotional intelligence...
- Emotional Intelligence predicts individual differences in social exchange reasoningDeidre L Reis
Department of Psychology, Yale University, Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Neuroimage 35:1385-91. 2007..The results are the first to directly suggest that EI is mediated in part by mechanisms supporting social reasoning and validate a new approach to investigating EI in terms of more basic information processing mechanisms...
- Improving the social and emotional climate of classrooms: a clustered randomized controlled trial testing the RULER ApproachSusan E Rivers
Department of Psychology, Yale University, 2 Hillhouse Avenue, PO Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
Prev Sci 14:77-87. 2013..These findings suggest that RULER enhances classrooms in ways that can promote positive youth development...
- Emotional intelligence and social interactionPaulo N Lopes
Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 30:1018-34. 2004..In both studies, the main findings remained statistically significant after controlling for Big Five personality traits...
- Emotional intelligence and emotional creativityZorana Ivcevic
Department of Psychology, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
J Pers 75:199-235. 2007..EI was uncorrelated with creative behavior...
- On emotionally intelligent time travel: individual differences in affective forecasting abilityElizabeth W Dunn
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 33:85-93. 2007..Emotion Management, a subcomponent of EI, emerged as the strongest predictor of forecasting ability...