Affiliation: Wyeth Research
- Predictors of efficacy and health resource utilization in treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections: evidence for pooled clinical studies comparing tigecycline with imipenem-cilastatinRajiv Mallick
Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA 19426 3982, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 8:159-72. 2007..Duration of intravenous (IV) treatment, surgical/radiologic interventions for infection control, and hospital length of stay (LOS) are important cost considerations in complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAIs)...
- Depression-free days as a summary measure of the temporal pattern of response and remission in the treatment of major depression: a comparison of venlafaxine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and placeboRajiv Mallick
Global Health Outcomes Assessment, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:321-30. 2003....
- Economic consequences of failure of initial antibiotic therapy in hospitalized adults with complicated intra-abdominal infectionsJohn Edelsberg
Policy Analysis Inc, Brookline, Massachusetts 02445, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 9:335-47. 2008..Initial antibiotic therapy in hospitalized adults with complicated intra-abdominal infection (cIAI) usually is empiric. We explored the economic consequences of failure of such therapy in this patient population...
- Outcomes in patients treated with gemtuzumab ozogamicin for relapsed acute myelogenous leukemiaKathleen Lang
Boston Health Economics, Inc, 20 Fox Road, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:941-8. 2002..Gemtuzumab ozogamicin appeared to be associated with equivalent survival and fewer total days of hospitalization than conventional chemotherapy in adults with relapsed AML...
- Cost and effectiveness of venlafaxine extended-release and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in the acute phase of outpatient treatment for major depressive disorderMadhukar H Trivedi
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9119, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:497-506. 2004..The purpose of this retrospective analysis was to estimate the cost and effectiveness of venlafaxine extended-release (VXR) compared with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in the outpatient treatment of major depressive disorder...
- Use of in vitro susceptibility and pathogen prevalence data to model the expected clinical success rates of tigecycline and other commonly used antimicrobials for empirical treatment of complicated skin and skin-structure infectionsHelio S Sader
JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:514-20. 2007..1%) and imipenem in Spain (87.7%). Our results suggest that tigecycline represents a viable additional option for the empirical treatment of cSSSI in these countries...
- Clinical and economic consequences of failure of initial antibiotic therapy for hospitalized patients with complicated skin and skin-structure infectionsJohn Edelsberg
Policy Analysis, Brookline, Massachusetts 02445, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:160-9. 2008..To estimate the consequences of failure of initial antibiotic therapy for patients with complicated skin and skin-structure infections...
- Integrated results of 2 phase 3 studies comparing tigecycline and levofloxacin in community-acquired pneumoniaCristina Tanaseanu
Department of Internal Medicine, St Pantelimon Clinical Emergency Hospital, Bucharest OP 22, Romania
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 61:329-38. 2008..6% TGC versus 6.9% LEV) were significantly higher in LEV. Discontinuations for AEs were low (TGC, 26 patients [6.1%]; LEV, 34 patients [8.1%]). TGC appeared safe and achieved cure rates similar to LEV in hospitalized patients with CAP...