- A method for controlling for a high placebo response rate in a comparison of venlafaxine XR and diazepam in the short-term treatment of patients with generalised anxiety disorder
Wyeth Research, 80 avenue du Général de Gaulle, Paris La Defense, France
Eur Psychiatry 18:182-7. 2003
..These results reflect the importance of study centre selection in accurately determining efficacy in placebo-controlled trials...
- Pooled analysis of venlafaxine XR efficacy on somatic and psychic symptoms of anxiety in patients with generalized anxiety disorder
Wyeth Research, Paris, France
Depress Anxiety 19:127-32. 2004
- Estimation of symptom-free days in generalized anxiety disorder
George J Wan
Wyeth Research, Collegeville, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:587-91. 2006
..Here, we evaluate the measurement of treatment effectiveness in terms of the number of symptom-free days (SFDs)...
- Characterization of the longitudinal course of improvement in generalized anxiety disorder during long-term treatment with venlafaxine XR
Stuart A Montgomery
Imperial College School of Medicine, PO Box 8751, London, UK
J Psychiatr Res 36:209-17. 2002
..To characterize the response to the serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, venlafaxine extended release (XR), during the long-term treatment of generalized anxiety disorder...
- Achieving remission with venlafaxine and fluoxetine in major depression: its relationship to anxiety symptoms
Jonathan R T Davidson
Department of Psychology Behavioral Sciences, Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Program, Duke University Medicine Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Depress Anxiety 16:4-13. 2002
- Impact of gastrointestinal symptom severity on response to venlafaxine extended-release in patients with generalized anxiety disorder
R Bruce Lydiard
Southeast Health Consultants, LLC, Charleston, SC 59407, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:838-44. 2004
- Social adjustment in generalised anxiety disorder: a long-term placebo-controlled study of venlafaxine extended release
CNRS UMR 7593, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris, France
Eur Psychiatry 19:272-9. 2004
..The benefits of venlafaxine ER treatment of GAD extend beyond that of improvement of anxiety symptoms to a significant improvement in the impairment of functioning that is associated with the illness...
- Venlafaxine versus placebo in the preventive treatment of recurrent major depression
Stuart A Montgomery
Imperial College School of Medicine, PO Box 8751, London W13 8WH, England, UK
J Clin Psychiatry 65:328-36. 2004
..Long-term efficacy and safety of prophylactic venlafaxine treatment were evaluated in outpatients with recurrent major depression...
- Predictors of outcome following venlafaxine extended-release treatment of DSM-IV generalized anxiety disorder: a pooled analysis of short- and long-term studies
Mark H Pollack
Department of Psychiatry, Anxiety Disorders Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, WAC 812, 15 Parkman Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:250-9. 2003
..The strongest trends emerged for history of substance abuse or dependence and symptoms of restlessness, sleep disturbance, and difficulty concentrating...
- Effectiveness of venlafaxine, extended release formulation, in the short-term and long-term treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: results of a survival analysis
Stuart A Montgomery
Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:561-7. 2002
..Overall, these results demonstrate the clinical effectiveness of venlafaxine XR in the short-term and long-term treatment of GAD...
- Venlafaxine ER as a treatment for generalized anxiety disorder in older adults: pooled analysis of five randomized placebo-controlled clinical trials
Ira R Katz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:18-25. 2002