Julie M Rose
Affiliation: Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Effect of temperature and prey type on nutrient regeneration by an antarctic bacterivorous protistJulie M Rose
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, 3616 Trousdale Parkway, AHF 301, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0371, USA
Microb Ecol 56:101-11. 2008....
- Effects of temperature on growth rate and gross growth efficiency of an Antarctic bacterivorous protistJulie M Rose
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
ISME J 3:252-60. 2009..Results indicated that our Antarctic P. imperforata grew at rates comparable to other polar isolates at ambient polar temperatures, but these low temperatures may be outside the physiological optimum for the isolate...
- Occurrence and patterns of antibiotic resistance in vertebrates off the Northeastern United States coastJulie M Rose
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 67:421-31. 2009..These data indicate that antibiotic resistance is widespread in marine vertebrates, and they may be important reservoirs of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the marine environment...
- Distinct protistan assemblages characterize the euphotic zone and deep sea (2500 m) of the western North Atlantic (Sargasso Sea and Gulf Stream)Peter D Countway
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0371, USA
Environ Microbiol 9:1219-32. 2007..These data suggest that particular groups of protistan OTUs formed distinct 'shallow' and 'deep-sea' assemblages across widely spaced oceanic locales...
- Marine bacterial, archaeal and protistan association networks reveal ecological linkagesJoshua A Steele
Department of Biological Sciences and Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
ISME J 5:1414-25. 2011..This approach provides new insights into the natural history of microbes...
- Antarctic mixotrophic protist abundances by microscopy and molecular methodsRebecca J Gast
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 89:388-401. 2014....