L Jay Katz
Affiliation: Wills Eye Hospital
- Efficacy and safety of brimonidine and dorzolamide for intraocular pressure lowering in glaucoma and ocular hypertensionL Jay Katz
Glaucoma, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2971-83. 2007..Brimonidine and dorzolamide are intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering medications most commonly used in second-line treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension...
- Fixed-combination brimonidine-timolol versus latanoprost in glaucoma and ocular hypertension: a 12-week, randomized, comparison studyL Jay Katz
Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 28:781-8. 2012..To evaluate the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering efficacy and safety of fixed-combination brimonidine 0.2%-timolol 0.5% compared with latanoprost 0.005% in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- A clinical method to assess the effect of visual loss on the ability to perform activities of daily livingHong Wei
Louis Esposito Research Professor, Glaucoma Research Center, Wills Eye Institute Jefferson Medical College, 840 Walnut Street, Suite 1110, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 96:735-41. 2012..To develop a clinically applicable, performance-based measure of the ability to perform visually related activities...
- Knowledge of chronology of optic disc stereophotographs influences the determination of glaucomatous changeUndraa Altangerel
William and Anna Goldberg Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmology 112:40-3. 2005..To determine the influence of knowledge of the chronology with which stereoscopic photographs of the optic disc were obtained on how the photographs are interpreted...
- Effects of acutely lowering intraocular pressure on the results of multifocal visual evoked potential testingAnjana P Jindal
Wills Eye Institute Glaucoma Service, Philadelphia, PA 19107 5599, USA
Acta Ophthalmol 89:e550-4. 2011..No studies to date have looked at improvement of multifocal visually evoked potentials (mfVEP) after lowering IOP...
- Twelve-month, randomized, controlled trial of bimatoprost 0.01%, 0.0125%, and 0.03% in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionL Jay Katz
Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 149:661-671.e1. 2010..To evaluate the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering efficacy and safety of ophthalmic formulations of bimatoprost 0.01% and 0.0125% compared with bimatoprost 0.03%...
- Fixed combinations of dorzolamide-timolol and brimonidine-timolol in the management of glaucomaM Reza Razeghinejad
Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:959-68. 2010..Combination medications may also improve therapeutic efficacy and play an important role in controlling medication cost. However, the fixed dosing may be a disadvantage in some cases...
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty versus medical therapy as initial treatment of glaucoma: a prospective, randomized trialL Jay Katz
Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Glaucoma 21:460-8. 2012..To compare outcomes of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) with drug therapy for glaucoma patients in a prospective randomized clinical trial...
- Pregnancy and glaucomaM Reza Razeghinejad
Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 56:324-35. 2011..Glaucoma laser procedures, such as laser peripheral iridotomy and laser trabeculoplasty, have been employed without identifiable teratogenic effects or increased risk of side effects for pregnant women...
- Comparison of human ocular distribution of bimatoprost and latanoprostParul Ichhpujani
Anne V Goldberg Glaucoma Service, Willis Eye Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:134-45. 2012..03% bimatoprost or 0.005% latanoprost for understanding concentration-activity relationships...
- The effects of Mozart's music on the performance of glaucoma patients on automated perimetryBing Shue
Glaucoma Service Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:7347-9. 2011..A previous study showed improved reliability in normal subjects undergoing HVF testing...
- Canaloplasty for pigmentary glaucoma with coexisting conjunctival lymphomaParul Ichhpujani
Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 42:e10-1. 2011..This case report presents canaloplasty as a bleb-free surgical option for lowering intraocular pressure in cases with postoperative conjunctival scarring...
- Evaluation of Nonmydriatic Hand-held Optic Disc Photography Grading in the Philadelphia Glaucoma Detection and Treatment ProjectMichael Waisbourd
Glaucoma Research Center, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
J Glaucoma 25:e520-5. 2016....
- The impact of educational workshops on individuals at risk for glaucoma in the Philadelphia Glaucoma Detection and Treatment ProjectDeiana M Johnson
Glaucoma Research Center, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 99:659-64. 2016....
- Surgical repair of leaking filtering blebs using two different techniquesAntónio B Melo
Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Ophthalmic Vis Res 7:281-8. 2012..To report the outcomes of two different surgical techniques for the repair of late onset bleb leakage following trabeculectomy...
- Efficacy, safety, and current applications of brimonidineScott J Fudemberg
Wills Eye Institute, Instructor, Jefferson Medical College Anna and William Goldberg Glaucoma Service and Research Center, 840 Walnut St Ste 1130, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 7:795-9. 2008..15 and 0.1%, Allergan, Inc., Irvine, CA, USA) and a fixed-combination mating brimonidine with timolol (Combigan, Allergan) evolved the marketing and application of this therapy...
- Twelve-month evaluation of brimonidine-purite versus brimonidine in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionL Jay Katz
Brimonidine Purite Study Groups 1 and 2, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 5599, USA
J Glaucoma 11:119-26. 2002..To compare the efficacy and safety of brimonidine-Purite (Alphagan; Allergan, Irvine, CA) 0.15% and 0.2% three times daily with brimonidine (Alphagan) 0.2% three times daily in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension...
- Single needle revision of failing filtration blebs: a retrospective comparative case series with 5-fluorouracil and mitomycin CNeal Palejwala
William and Anna Goldberg Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Institute, 840 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:1026-34. 2010..To assess the success of needling in failed filtration blebs and the potential benefit of using either 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) or mitomycin C (MMC)...
- Reversible structural and functional changes after intraocular pressure reduction in patients with glaucomaMichael Waisbourd
Glaucoma Research Center, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 19107, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 254:1159-66. 2016....
- Unilateral Prostaglandin-Associated Periorbitopathy: A Syndrome Involving Upper Eyelid Retraction Distinguishable From the Aging Sunken EyelidMichael P Rabinowitz
Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery Department, Glaucoma Department, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, U S A and Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, U S A
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 31:373-8. 2015....
- A comparison of methods used to evaluate mobility performance in the visually impairedKevin J Warrian
Glaucoma Research Center, William and Anna Goldberg Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 99:113-8. 2015..To compare three different approaches to measuring mobility performance when evaluating the visually impaired...
- Bilateral angle closure glaucoma induced by sulphonamide-derived medicationsGrace C Lee
Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson Medical School, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 35:55-8. 2007..We report the occurrence of bilateral angle closure glaucoma with sulphonamide-derived medications and highlight features of the presentation and treatment to assist in early diagnosis and management...
- Comparison of 3 different releasable suture techniques in trabeculectomyFulya Duman
Glaucoma Research Center, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA USA
Eur J Ophthalmol 26:307-14. 2016..The purpose of this study was to compare the surgical outcome of 3 releasable suture techniques for closing scleral flaps in patients undergoing primary trabeculectomy...
- A randomized, controlled trial to test the effectiveness of a glaucoma patient navigator to improve appointment adherenceLisa A Hark
Wills Eye Hospital Glaucoma Research Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Patient Prefer Adherence 10:1739-48. 2016..The primary aim of the current study was to evaluate whether the use of a patient navigator altered adherence to follow-up eye care appointments in community-versus office-based settings...
- Comparing Gonioscopy With Visante and Cirrus Optical Coherence Tomography for Anterior Chamber Angle Assessment in Glaucoma PatientsCindy X Hu
Glaucoma Research Center, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
J Glaucoma 25:177-83. 2016..A secondary objective was to assess interrater agreement for gonioscopy grading among 3 independent examiners...
- Iatrogenic glaucoma secondary to medicationsM Reza Razeghinejad
Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Med 124:20-5. 2011..The risk is higher with topical rather than systemic steroids. The first step in the management is discontinuation of the drug, followed by medical, laser, and, if necessary, surgical intervention...
- Bimatoprost: establishing its role in glaucoma managementL Jay Katz
Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Hospital, and Thomas Jefferson Medical University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 5599, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 49:S1-4. 2004
- Releasable suture techniqueDaniela S Monteiro de Barros
Glaucoma Department, Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Glaucoma 17:414-21. 2008..This review will assess the indications for using releasable sutures, with the consideration of their advantages and disadvantages, after trabeculectomy...
- Current and Future of Laser Therapy in the Management of GlaucomaFeyzahan Ekici
Glaucoma Research Center, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Open Ophthalmol J 10:56-67. 2016....
- Segmental Analysis of Macular Layers in Patients With Unilateral Primary Open-Angle GlaucomaCamila S Zangalli
Glaucoma Research Center Diagnostic Center Neuro ophthalmology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
J Glaucoma 25:e401-7. 2016..To measure the thicknesses of the inner layers of the macula in both eyes of patients with unilateral primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and compare them with normal control eyes...
- Improving Access to Eye Care among Persons at High-Risk of Glaucoma in Philadelphia--Design and Methodology: The Philadelphia Glaucoma Detection and Treatment ProjectLisa Hark
a Wills Eye Hospital, Glaucoma Research Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 23:122-30. 2016..The Wills Eye Glaucoma Research Center initiated a 2-year demonstration project to develop and implement a community-based intervention to improve detection and management of glaucoma in Philadelphia...
- Ultrasound biomicroscopy and management of late posterior migration of a ripcord suture after glaucoma drainage implant surgeryPaul J Harasymowycz
Ana and William Goldberg Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 35:149-51. 2004..Posterior ripcord migration is a rare complication after glaucoma drainage implant surgery, and ultrasound biomicroscopy imaging may be helpful in determining its proper management...
- The disc damage likelihood scale: reproducibility of a new method of estimating the amount of optic nerve damage caused by glaucomaGeorge L Spaeth
William and Anna Goldberg Glaucoma Research Laboratories, Wills Eye Hospital, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 100:181-5; discussion 185-6. 2002..The major objective of this study was to test the reproducibility of a new method of estimating the amount of optic disc damage in patients with glaucoma...
- iStent® Trabecular Microbypass Stent: An UpdateArthur Fernandes Resende
Glaucoma Research Center, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Ophthalmol 2016:2731856. 2016....
- Cataract surgery with trabecular micro-bypass stent implantation in patients with mild-to-moderate open-angle glaucoma and cataract: two-year follow-upE Randy Craven
Glaucoma Consultants of Colorado, Parker, Colorado, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 38:1339-45. 2012..To assess the long-term safety and efficacy of a single trabecular micro-bypass stent with concomitant cataract surgery versus cataract surgery alone for mild to moderate open-angle glaucoma...
- Prevalence of the use of complementary and alternative medicine for glaucomaDouglas J Rhee
Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, 900 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Ophthalmology 109:438-43. 2002..To estimate the prevalence of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) for glaucoma, explore possible demographic and disease-related associations, and inquire about the perceived benefit of these treatments...
- Intracameral recombinant tissue plasminogen activator for refractory glaucoma secondary to a fungal corneal abscessL Jay Katz
Wills Eye Institute, 840 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, USA
Open Ophthalmol J 3:75-6. 2009..The intraocular pressure dropped dramatically from 48 mmHg to 10 mmHg postoperatively, negating the need for glaucoma surgery...
- Imaging modalities for localization of an iStent(®)Parul Ichhpujani
William and Anna Goldberg Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 41:660-3. 2010..B-scan ultrasonography is unable to identify iStent in either the anterior or posterior chamber...
- Releasable suture techniques for trabeculectomy: an illustrative reviewJason B Wanner
Glaucoma Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 35:465-74. 2004
- Effectiveness of nonocclusive ligature and fenestration used in Baerveldt aqueous shunts for early postoperative intraocular pressure controlSukesh Kansal
Wills Eye Hospital, Glaucoma Section, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Glaucoma 11:65-70. 2002..The authors determined the effectiveness of two different methods of modification of Baerveldt aqueous shunts in the control of early postoperative intraocular pressure...
- Modern alchemy: fixed combinations of glaucoma drugsL Jay Katz
Am J Ophthalmol 140:125-6. 2005
- Bimatoprost/timolol fixed combination: a 3-month double-masked, randomized parallel comparison to its individual components in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionJames D Brandt
University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817 2307, USA
J Glaucoma 17:211-6. 2008..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of a fixed combination (FC) of bimatoprost (BIM) and timolol (TIM) compared with each of the active components for 3 months...
- Nanophthalmia and chronic angle-closure glaucomaClaude Burgoyne
Glaucoma Service, LSU Eye Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Glaucoma 11:525-8. 2002
- Clinical agreement among glaucoma experts in the detection of glaucomatous changes of the optic disk using simultaneous stereoscopic photographsAugusto Azuara-Blanco
Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Scotland, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Am J Ophthalmol 136:949-50. 2003..To evaluate the clinical agreement in the detection of optic disk changes in patients with glaucoma using simultaneous stereophotographs...
- A multicenter, retrospective pilot study of resource use and costs associated with severity of disease in glaucomaPaul P Lee
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 124:12-9. 2006..To examine resource consumption and the direct costs of treating glaucoma at different disease severity levels...