Craig T Hartrick
Affiliation: William Beaumont Hospital
- Outcome prediction following sympathetic block for complex regional pain syndromeCraig T Hartrick
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Pain Pract 4:222-8. 2004....
- The numeric rating scale for clinical pain measurement: a ratio measure?Craig T Hartrick
Anesthesiology Research Division, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Pain Pract 3:310-6. 2003..The NRS-11 should not be considered to be interchangeable with the VAS. Its use for clinical research should be limited to situations where it has specifically demonstrated linear properties...
- Noradrenergic reuptake inhibition in the treatment of painCraig T Hartrick
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, 525 O Dowd Hall, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 21:1827-34. 2012..Agents currently in early clinical trials are discussed and include both novel delivery of old drugs and the development of new drugs...
- The effect of initial local anesthetic dose with continuous interscalene analgesia on postoperative pain and diaphragmatic function in patients undergoing arthroscopic shoulder surgery: a double-blind, randomized controlled trialCraig T Hartrick
Department of Anesthesiology, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Beaumont Hospitals Royal Oak and Troy, Rochester, MI, USA
BMC Anesthesiol 12:6. 2012..Pain ratings, analgesic requirements, adverse events, satisfaction, function and diaphragmatic excursion were compared following interscalene block (ISB) with reduced initial bolus volumes...
- Identification and management of pain medication abuse and misuse: current state and future directionsCraig T Hartrick
Biomedical Sciences Pharmacology, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, 525 O Dowd Hall, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 12:601-10. 2012..An evidence-based algorithmic approach to risk mitigation that can be applied in a cost-effective manner to guide therapy is urgently needed...
- Tapentadol immediate release for the relief of moderate-to-severe acute painCraig T Hartrick
Anesthesiology Research, William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Anesthesiology, 3601 W 13 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:2687-96. 2009....
- Aprepitant vs. multimodal prophylaxis in the prevention of nausea and vomiting following extended-release epidural morphineCraig T Hartrick
Department of Anesthesiology, William Beaumont Hospital Troy, Troy, Michigan 48085, USA
Pain Pract 10:245-8. 2010....
- Tapentadol immediate-release for acute painCraig T Hartrick
Anesthesiology Research, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, 3601 W 13 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 10:861-9. 2010..Tapentadol immediate-release is currently US FDA approved for moderate-to-severe acute pain in adults...
- Tapentadol in pain management: a μ-opioid receptor agonist and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitorCraig T Hartrick
Department of Health Sciences, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan, USA
CNS Drugs 25:359-70. 2011....
- Tapentadol for pain: a treatment evaluationCraig T Hartrick
Oakland University, William Beaumont School of Medicine, 525 O Dowd Hall, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:283-6. 2012..The synergistic mu-opioid and alpha(2)-adrenergic effects suggest the potential for particular utility in neuropathic pain states or other pain states associated with hyperalgesia...
- Extended-release epidural morphine (DepoDur): review and safety analysisCraig T Hartrick
Anesthesiology Research, Beaumont Research Institute, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 8:1641-8. 2008..Prophylactic time-contingent antiemetics are also recommended when EREM is used...
- Quality assessment in clinical trials: considerations for outcomes research in interventional pain medicineCraig T Hartrick
Anesthesiology Research, Beaumont Hospitals, Oakland University, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Pain Pract 8:433-8. 2008..Technological advances in communication may permit the pooling of data and the emergence of new standards for interventional pain research...
- Multimodal postoperative pain managementCraig T Hartrick
William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Anesthesia, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:S4-10. 2004..The mechanisms of persistent postoperative pain, rationale for multimodal pain therapy, and limitations of currently available analgesic agents and administration routes and techniques are described...
- Increased production of nitric oxide stimulated by interferon-gamma from peripheral blood monocytes in patients with complex regional pain syndromeCraig T Hartrick
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Neurosci Lett 323:75-7. 2002..012) compared with controls. The NO responses to IFN-gamma in excess of NS (P<0.025) and as the ratio IFN-gamma/NS (P<0.022) were also significantly increased...
- Evaluation of a single-dose, extended-release epidural morphine formulation for pain after knee arthroplastyCraig T Hartrick
Department of Anesthesia, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 West 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:273-81. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of single-dose epidural DepoDur for pain control following knee arthroplasty...
- Fentanyl iontophoretic transdermal system for acute-pain management after orthopedic surgery: a comparative study with morphine intravenous patient-controlled analgesiaCraig T Hartrick
Department of Anesthesiology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 31:546-54. 2006..The current study compared the efficacy, safety, and convenience of fentanyl ITS with morphine intravenous patient-controlled analgesia (IV PCA) for acute-pain management after unilateral total-hip replacement (THR)...
- Forty-eight hours of postoperative pain relief after total hip arthroplasty with a novel, extended-release epidural morphine formulationEugene R Viscusi
Department of Anesthesiology, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Anesthesiology 102:1014-22. 2005..This study evaluated the efficacy of extended-release epidural morphine (EREM; DepoDur; Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., Chadds Ford, PA; SkyePharma, Inc., San Diego, CA) in providing pain relief for 48 h after surgery...
- Perioperative use of etoricoxib reduces pain and opioid side-effects after total abdominal hysterectomy: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase III studyEugene R Viscusi
Department of Anesthesiology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 28:1323-35. 2012..To evaluate the effects of two different doses of etoricoxib delivered perioperatively compared with placebo and standard pain management on pain at rest, pain with mobilization, and use of additional morphine/opioids postoperatively...
- Capsaicin instillation for postoperative pain following total knee arthroplasty: a preliminary report of a randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, multicentre trialCraig T Hartrick
Anesthesiology Research, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Beaumont Health System, Royal Oak and Troy, MI, USA
Clin Drug Investig 31:877-82. 2011..Capsaicin applied in high concentration to nociceptors can cause relatively selective C-fibre desensitization for a period of weeks to months. Resultant long-lasting analgesia might facilitate rehabilitation...
- Pain assessment following general anesthesia using the Toddler Preschooler Postoperative Pain Scale: a comparative studyCraig T Hartrick
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
J Clin Anesth 14:411-5. 2002....
- Pain: memories, moods, and metricsCraig T Hartrick
Pain Pract 6:151-2. 2006
- Evidence-based medicine: our responsibility to our patientsCraig T Hartrick
Pain Pract 7:219-20. 2007