J P Dolan
Affiliation: Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Ten-year trend in the national volume of bile duct injuries requiring operative repairJ P Dolan
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, L223A, Portland, OR, USA
Surg Endosc 19:967-73. 2005....
- Retained common bile duct stone as a consequence of a fundus-first laparoscopic cholecystectomyJames P Dolan
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 15:318-21. 2005..If IOC is considered hazardous, then intraoperative ultrasound should be the modality of choice...
- Splenectomy for immune thrombocytopenic purpura: surgery for the 21st centuryJames P Dolan
Department of Surgery, Keesler Medical Center, Biloxi, Mississippi 39534, USA
Am J Hematol 83:93-6. 2008..In the interim, laparoscopic splenectomy should be considered as an additional front line therapeutic option in ITP patients...
- Evaluation of endoscopic full-thickness plication on anti-reflux valve competencyJames P Dolan
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, and The Digestive Health Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Surg Educ 65:140-4. 2008..We sought to investigate the efficacy of endoscopically created, full-thickness plications on the competency of the anti-reflux barrier when placed at different positions on the stomach adjacent to the gastroesophageal junction...
- Thyrotoxicosis after gastric bypass surgery prompting operative re-explorationBruce A Lynch
Department of General Surgery, Keesler Medical Center, Keesler AFB, MS 39534, USA
Obes Surg 15:883-5. 2005..Failure to rule out this condition may lead to unnecessary surgery...
- Significant understaging is seen in clinically staged T2N0 esophageal cancer patients undergoing esophagectomyJ P Dolan
Department of Surgery, Digestive Health Center and the Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Dis Esophagus 29:320-5. 2016..96). Many cT2N0 patients are clinically understaged and show no preoperative evidence of node-positive disease. Consequently, neoadjuvant therapy may have a beneficial role in treatment. ..
- Comparison of perioperative outcomes after combined thoracoscopic-laparoscopic esophagectomy and open Ivor-Lewis esophagectomyThai H Pham
Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, M C L223A, 3181 Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Am J Surg 199:594-8. 2010..Thoracoscopic-laparoscopic esophagectomy (TLE) has gained popularity in specialized centers. This study compares the perioperative outcomes of TLE and Ivor-Lewis esophagectomy (ILE)...
- Esophageal replacement following gastric devascularization is safe, feasible, and may decrease anastomotic complicationsKyle A Perry
Department of Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 14:1069-73. 2010..Despite technical improvements, the incidence of anastomotic complications remains high. Gastric devascularization followed by esophageal resection and reconstruction has been proposed to minimize these complications...
- The national mortality burden and significant factors associated with open and laparoscopic cholecystectomy: 1997-2006James P Dolan
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, L223A, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 13:2292-301. 2009..This study aims to determine the mortality rate and significant factors associated with laparoscopic (LC) and open cholecystectomies (OC) over a 10-year period...