Affiliation: West Chester University
- Core temperature and percentage of dehydration in professional football linemen and backs during preseason practicesSandra Fowkes Godek
The H E A T Institute of West Chester University, West Chester, PA 19383, USA
J Athl Train 41:8-14; discussion 14-7. 2006..Thermal responses of average-sized male subjects (mass of approximately 70 kg) may not accurately reflect the rate of heat storage in larger athletes with greater muscle mass...
- Sweat rate and fluid turnover in American football players compared with runners in a hot and humid environmentS Fowkes Godek
Department of Sports Medicine, West Chester University, 214 Sturtzabecker Health Science Center, West Chester, PA 19383, USA
Br J Sports Med 39:205-11; discussion 205-11. 2005..To determine sweat rate (SwR) and fluid requirements for American footballers practicing in a hot, humid environment compared with cross country runners in the same conditions...
- Hydration status in college football players during consecutive days of twice-a-day preseason practicesSandra Fowkes Godek
Sports Medicine Department, West Chester University, West Chester, PA 19383, USA
Am J Sports Med 33:843-51. 2005..Football players lose 3.5 to 5 kg of body weight during preseason practices because of heavy sweating. This fluid may be difficult to replace when practices occur 2 times per day on consecutive days...
- Sweat rates and fluid turnover in professional football players: a comparison of National Football League linemen and backsSandra Fowkes Godek
The HEAT Institute of West Chester University, West Chester, PA 19383, USA
J Athl Train 43:184-9. 2008..Large body surface area (BSA) and use of protective equipment result in high sweat rates and total sweat loss in these football players...
- Fluid consumption and sweating in National Football League and collegiate football players with different access to fluids during practiceSandra Fowkes Godek
Chester University, West Chester, PA 19383, USA
J Athl Train 45:128-35. 2010..Considerable controversy regarding fluid replacement during exercise currently exists...
- Sweat rates, sweat sodium concentrations, and sodium losses in 3 groups of professional football playersSandra Fowkes Godek
HEAT Institute, West Chester University, PA 19383, USA
J Athl Train 45:364-71. 2010..Sweat sodium losses have never been reported in a large cohort of American football players...