Sanford E Emery
Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Physician incentives for academic productivity. An analysis of orthopaedic department compensation strategiesSanford E Emery
Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:2049-56. 2006..The purpose of this study was to examine the compensation strategy for faculty in academic orthopaedic surgery departments in the United States with a focus on compensation methods for academic productivity...
- Effect of Head Position on Intraocular Pressure During Lumbar Spine Fusion: A Randomized, Prospective StudySanford E Emery
Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, P O Box 9196, Morgantown, WV 26506 9196 E mail address for S E Emery
J Bone Joint Surg Am 97:1817-23. 2015..Elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) results in decreased perfusion and possibly ischemic optic neuropathy. We performed a randomized, prospective trial to evaluate the effect of head positioning on IOP during lumbar spine fusion...
- Commentary on: The prevalence of cervical myelopathy among subjects with narrow cervical spinal canal in a population-based magnetic resonance imaging study: the Wakayama Spine StudySanford E Emery
Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, 1 Medical Center Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA Electronic address
Spine J 14:2818. 2014..Nagata K, Yoshimura N, Hashizume H, et al. The prevalence of cervical myelopathy among subjects with narrow cervical spinal canal in a population-based MRI study: The Wakayama Spine Study. Spine J 2014;14:2811-7 (in this issue)...
- Anterior approaches for cervical spondylotic myelopathy: which? When? How?Sanford E Emery
Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, PO Box 9196, Morgantown, WV, 26506 9196, USA
Eur Spine J 24:150-9. 2015..Choice of operative approach will therefore be dependent on patient presentation, risks of that approach for a given patient, and to some degree surgeon experience. ..
- Steroids and risk factors for airway compromise in multilevel cervical corpectomy patients: a prospective, randomized, double-blind studySanford E Emery
Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:229-32. 2009..Prospective, randomized, double-blind study...
- Pseudoarthrosis of the cervical spine: a comparison of radiographic diagnostic measuresLisa K Cannada
Department of Orthopaedics, Case Western Reserve University, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:46-51. 2003..A retrospective review was conducted...
- Surgical versus nonsurgical treatment for lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesisJames N Weinstein
Department of Orthopaedics, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
N Engl J Med 356:2257-70. 2007..Management of degenerative spondylolisthesis with spinal stenosis is controversial. Surgery is widely used, but its effectiveness in comparison with that of nonsurgical treatment has not been demonstrated in controlled trials...
- Does CT Angiography Matter for Patients with Cervical Spine Injuries?John C Hagedorn
Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, P O Box 9196, Morgantown, WV 26506 9196 E mail address for J C Hagedorn II
J Bone Joint Surg Am 96:951-955. 2014....
- A Comparison of Open and Percutaneous Techniques in the Operative Fixation of Spinal Fractures Associated with Ankylosing Spinal DisordersCara L Sedney
Department of Neurosurgery West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Int J Spine Surg 10:23. 2016..This work seeks to determine the effect of minimally invasive techniques on patients with spinal fractures and ankylosing spinal conditions through a retrospective case-control analysis...
- Additive effects of exogenous IL-12 supplementation and antibiotic treatment in infection prophylaxisBrandon M Boyce
Biomaterials, Bioengineering and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Orthop Res 30:196-202. 2012..Therefore, exogenous IL-12, providing a mechanism of protection independent of antibiotic resistance, complements the routine use of antibiotics...
- Modulation of in vitro microenvironment facilitates synovium-derived stem cell-based nucleus pulposus tissue regenerationMing Pei
Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:1538-47. 2012..Experiment 2 evaluated the effect of DECM deposited by SDSCs on NPC expansion and redifferentiation capacity. In both experiments, hypoxia was evaluated in DECM preparation and pellet culture...
- A novel rat tail discitis model using bioluminescent Staphylococcus aureusPhillip A Bostian
Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, P O Box 9196, Morgantown, WV, 26506 9196
J Orthop Res . 2016..This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Early morbidity and mortality associated with elderly odontoid fracturesJohn C France
Department of Orthopaedics, West Virginia University, PO Box 9196, Morgantown, WV 26506 9196, USA
Orthopedics 35:e889-94. 2012..Management strategies should be individualized to the patients; operative and nonoperative treatments remain viable options...
- Changes in the iliac crest-lumbar relationship from standing to proneKingsley R Chin
Division of Spine Surgery, Department of Orthopaedics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Spine J 6:185-9. 2006..However, it is unknown if the relationship between the iliac crest and underlying lumbar levels, in particular the L4-L5 interspace, changes from standing to prone on these tables...