Genomes and Genes
West Virginia University
Organization: West Virginia University
- Service provider perceptions of long-term care access in American Indian and Alaska Native communitiesR Turner Goins
West Virginia University, Center on Aging, Department of Community Medicine, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:1340-53. 2010..The need for long-term care services for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/ANs) is great since this population is experiencing some of the highest rates in the United States of chronic disease and disability...
- The Apartment Test: validity of a memory measureAmy Fiske
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn 14:441-61. 2007..We conclude that the Apartment Test is a valid measure of verbal memory with evidence of ecological and concurrent validity...
- Batterer intervention program: the victim's hope in ending the abuse and maintaining the relationshipMarilyn E Smith
West Virginia University, Charleston Division, Charleston, West Virginia, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 28:1045-63. 2007..BIP was, in fact, the "last hope," an optimism unsupported by current research data...
- Anxiogenic-like behavioral phenotype of mice deficient in phosphodiesterase 4B (PDE4B)Han Ting Zhang
Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, West Virginia University Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1611-23. 2008..Taken together, these results suggest that the PDE4B subfamily is involved in signaling pathways that contribute to anxiogenic-like effects on behavior...
- Baboon corpus luteum: size and sex steroid secretion throughout the luteal phaseM Yusoff Dawood
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9188, USA
Fertil Steril 89:1338-43. 2008....
- Comparing data collected by computerized and written surveys for adolescence health researchYing Wu
Research Office, West Virginia University School of Nursing, PO Box 9640, Morgantown, WV 26506 9640, USA
J Sch Health 77:23-8. 2007..Youth were assessed as part of a health risk reduction program...
- The effect of exercise on peripheral muscle in emphysema: a preliminary investigationAnne K Swisher
Division of Physical Therapy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9226, USA
COPD 3:9-15. 2006..Peripheral muscle is affected early in the course of emphysema and chronic overload may play an important role in preserving normal muscle composition...
- Avian influenza: preparing for a pandemicGregory Juckett
Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
Am Fam Physician 74:783-90. 2006..Nonpharmacologic measures will include the use of masks, social distancing, quarantine, travel restrictions, and increasing the emergency capacity of health care systems...
- Patent buy-outs for global disease innovations for low- and middle-income countriesKevin Outterson
West Virginia University, USA
Am J Law Med 32:159-73. 2006
- The universal efficacy of the generic glazed donutPhil Granchi
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, USA
Pharos Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Med Soc 69:20-3. 2006
- Infiltrating orbital astrocytic proliferation associated with congenitally malformed eyesJennifer A Sivak-Callcott
Department of Ophthalmology, West Virginia University Eye Institute, Morgantown, 26506, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 22:227-9. 2006..Histopathology revealed proliferation of astrocytes (fibrillary acidic protein-positive) that invaded the orbital tissues. To the best of our knowledge, there are no similar cases in the literature...
- Endothelium-dependent vasodilation of cerebral arteries is altered with simulated microgravity through nitric oxide synthase and EDHF mechanismsRhonda D Prisby
Division of Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 101:348-53. 2006....
- Predicting serum gastrin levels among men during Ramadan fastingM Z A Nomani
Human Nutrition and Foods Program, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
East Mediterr Health J 11:119-25. 2005..923 uric acid (mg/dL)2 + 3.683 body mass index, r2 = 0.75, P < 0.001. This equation might be used to estimate gastrin levels and plan dietary and medicinal measures to avoid high gastric acidity during Ramadan...
- Tobacco ban within a psychiatric hospitalKay Lynn Anderson
Chestnut Ridge Hospital of West Virginia University Hospitals, and West Virginia University School of Nursing, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 21:24-9. 2006
- Integrating image quality in 2nu-SVM biometric match score fusionMayank Vatsa
Lane Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 6109, USA
Int J Neural Syst 17:343-51. 2007..The verification performance and statistical evaluation show that the proposed algorithm outperforms existing fusion algorithms...
- The positron emission mammography/tomography breast imaging and biopsy system (PEM/PET): design, construction and phantom-based measurementsRaymond R Raylman
Center for Advanced Imaging, Department of Radiology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA
Phys Med Biol 53:637-53. 2008..08 mm (axial). Maximum system detection sensitivity of the scanner is 488.9 kcps microCi(-1) ml(-1) (6.88%). These promising findings indicate that PEM/PET may be an effective system for the detection and diagnosis of breast cancer...
- Auditory lifestyles and beliefs related to hearing loss among college students in the USAVishakha W Rawool
Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, West Virginia University, Morgantown WV 26505, USA
Noise Health 10:1-10. 2008..Possible strategies could include improved education, experience with simulated hearing loss for extended periods and availability of cosmetically appealing or invisible HPDs with uniform attenuation across the frequency range...
- Normative longitudinal maternal sleep: the first 4 postpartum monthsHawley E Montgomery-Downs
Department of Psychology, West Virginia University, 53 Campus Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506 6040, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:465.e1-7. 2010..To describe the normative course of maternal sleep during the first 4 months postpartum...
- A generalizability study of student ratings in logbooks to assess the educational process of clinical learningScott Cottrell
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Martinsburg, USA
Acad Med 85:1237-41. 2010..To investigate the number of student raters necessary for a reliable estimate of how educators approach the process of clinical learning (i.e., levels of student participation and educator feedback) in clinical settings...
- Geographic and demographic variability of cost and surgical treatment of idiopathic scoliosisScott D Daffner
Department of Orthopaedics, WV University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1165-9. 2010..Retrospective database review...
- Balloon catheter sinuplasty in young childrenHassan H Ramadan
Department of Otolaryngology, P O Box 9200, West Virginia University, Morgantown WV 26506 9200, USA
Am J Rhinol Allergy 24:e54-6. 2010..The safety and feasibility of BCS in children has been recently established. The purpose of this study was to study the outcome of this technology in CRS in children...
- Homicide of an intimate male partner: the impact on the womanMarilyn Smith
West Virginia University, School of Nursing, Charleston, South Carolina 25311, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:21-7. 2010....
- Management of keloids and hypertrophic scarsGregory Juckett
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Am Fam Physician 80:253-60. 2009..Despite the popularity of over-the-counter herb-based creams, the evidence for their use is mixed, and there is little evidence that vitamin E is helpful...
- Forensic discrimination of glass using cathodoluminescence and CIE LAB color coordinates: a feasibility studySuzanne C Bell
C Eugene Bennett Department of Chemistry, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, United States
Forensic Sci Int 189:93-9. 2009..The current limitations of CL in this context are the lack of databases and standards and the relatively low resolution of typical CL spectra...
- ATV and bicycle deaths and associated costs in the United States, 2000-2005James C Helmkamp
Injury Control Research Center and Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, PO Box 9151, Morgantown, WV 26506 9151, USA
Public Health Rep 124:409-18. 2009..We determined the rate and costs of recent U.S. all-terrain vehicle (ATV) and bicycle deaths...
- Revision endoscopic sinus surgery in children: surgical causes of failureHassan H Ramadan
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Laryngoscope 119:1214-7. 2009..Revision endoscopic sinus surgery (ESS) in children is uncommon. Causes of failure, however, are not very well delineated. The purpose of this study was to evaluate surgical causes of failure in children after ESS...
- Less air pollution leads to rapid reduction of airway inflammation and improved airway function in asthmatic childrenGabriele Renzetti
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, 1 Medical Center Dr, PO Box 9214, Morgantown, WV 26506 9214, USA
Pediatrics 123:1051-8. 2009..We measured the short-term response of allergic asthmatic children exposed to a real-life reduction in outdoor air pollution by using noninvasive biomarkers of airway inflammation and function...
- Institutional care for elders in rural ChinaBei Wu
Center on Aging and Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, P O Box 9127, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 20:218-39. 2008..It covers two major domains of the system: service delivery and financing. The report presents several main issues involved in the development of institutional care for elders and discusses relevant policy implications...
- Caspase-8: fly or dieSteven M Frisch
West Virginia University, Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Cancer Res 68:4491-3. 2008..Here, I survey the findings of these studies and discuss potential mechanisms and ramifications for cancer prognosis and therapy...
- Superoxide-mediated proteasomal degradation of Bcl-2 determines cell susceptibility to Cr(VI)-induced apoptosisNeelam Azad
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1538-45. 2008..This study reveals a novel mechanism linking .O(-)(2) with Bcl-2 stability and provides a new dimension to ROS-mediated Bcl-2 downregulation and apoptosis induction...
- The role of matrix metalloproteinases in the morphogenesis of the cerebellar cortexJia Luo
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Cerebellum 4:239-45. 2005..The potential contributions of these enzymes to granule neuron migration, Purkinje cell dendritogenesis and synaptogenesis are discussed...
- Mechanism of inhibition of proton: dipeptide co-transport during chronic enteritis in the mammalian small intestineUma Sundaram
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Medical Center Drive, Box 9161, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1714:134-40. 2005..Proton dipeptide transport is found in normal intestinal villus cells and is inhibited during chronic intestinal inflammation. The mechanism of inhibition is secondary to altered affinity of the co-transporter for the dipeptide...
- Venomous snakebites in the United States: management review and updateGregory Juckett
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown 26506, USA
Am Fam Physician 65:1367-74. 2002..Surgical intervention with fasciotomy is now reserved for rare cases. Snakebite prevention should be taught to patients...
- Cultural issues in the treatment of young African American children diagnosed with disruptive behavior disordersCheryl B McNeil
Department of Psychology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 26506, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 27:339-50. 2002..To discuss issues relevant to treating young African American children with disruptive behavior disorders...
- Nurse practitioners: a comparison of rural-urban practice patterns and willingness to serve in underserved areasK E Martin
Center for Community, Economic and Workforce Development, West Virginia University Extension Service, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 12:491-6. 2000..To determine nurse practitioners' (NPs) practice patterns and willingness to practice in underserved areas in both rural and urban settings in a largely rural state...
- Neural activation during frequency-memory performanceM W Haut
Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown 26506, USA
Neuropsychology 15:568-75. 2001..This study supports a neuroanatomical distinction between frequency and recognition memory...
- Children's expectations and memories of acute distress: short- and long-term efficacy of pain management interventionsL L Cohen
Department of Psychology, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506 6040, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 26:367-74. 2001..To examine the effect of psychologic and pharmacologic interventions on children's expectations and 6-month recollections of painful procedures...
- Anxiety and depression: incidence and patterns in patients after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryS McCrone
West Virginia University School of Nursing, Morgantown, WV, USA
Appl Nurs Res 14:155-64. 2001..Younger subjects were more depressed at 2 to 3 days and at weeks 2 and 4. Because women and younger patients are at higher risk for psychological distress, they should be targeted for interventions...
- Accelerated tissue aging and increased oxidative stress in broiler chickens fed allopurinolH Klandorf
Division of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, West Virginia University, 26506 6108, Morgantown, WV, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 129:93-104. 2001..The significance of these studies is that concentrations of plasma uric acid can be related to measures of oxidative stress, which can be linked to tissue aging...
- Pharmacologic treatments for the nicotine dependent smokerE D Glover
Tobacco Research Center, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown 26506 9300, USA
Am J Health Behav 25:179-82. 2001..To explore the biology of nicotine addiction and to investigate the latest pharmacological treatments for nicotine dependence...
- Expanding the view of scholarship: introductionD S Beattie
Department of Biochemistry, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Acad Med 75:871-6. 2000..In addition, these articles will stimulate continuing discussions that will definite equitable methods for the continued assessment of the scholarly accomplishments of medical school faculty...
- A long-lived tyrosyl radical from the reaction between horse metmyoglobin and hydrogen peroxideM R Gunther
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 28:709-19. 2000....
- The potential application of Allium sativum (garlic) for the treatment of bladder cancerD L Lamm
Department of Urology, Robert C Byrd Health Science Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, USA
Urol Clin North Am 27:157-62, xi. 2000..Garlic is clearly not a panacea for cancer, but its broad range of beneficial effects are worthy of serious consideration in clinical trials for the prevention and treatment of cancer...
- Evaluation of an anesthesiology department newsletterR E Johnstone
Department of Anesthesiology, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506, USA
Yale J Biol Med 71:579-83. 1998The West Virginia University Department of Anesthesiology has distributed a weekly newsletter to department members for several years...
- Using a single-subject design to assess the development of anxiety in humansC W Lejuez
Department of Psychology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 26506 6040, USA
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 30:15-20. 1999..Furthermore, we suggest that the most comprehensive account of anxiety can be attained by using a single-subject design in conjunction with more commonly used group designs...
- In-hospital stroke mortality, hospital transfers, and referral bias at a rural academic medical centerJack E Riggs
Department of Neurology, West Virginia University Health Sciences Center, Morgantown 26506 9180, USA
J Rural Health 18:294-7. 2002..7 compared to intracerebral hemorrhage in nonhospital transfer patients (p < 0.00001). This finding illustrates the potential magnitude and significance of referral bias at a rural academic medical center...
- Effects of reinforcer magnitude on responding under differential-reinforcement-of-low-rate schedules of rats and pigeonsAdam H Doughty
Department of Psychology, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506 6040, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 78:17-30. 2002..These findings also support the claim that DRI. schedule performance is not governed solely by a timing process...
- Molecular modeling of cytochrome P450 1A1: enzyme-substrate interactions and substrate binding affinitiesGrazyna D Szklarz
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 9530, USA
J Biomol Struct Dyn 20:155-62. 2002..The obtained values were similar to those observed experimentally, which suggests that this approach might be useful for prediction of binding constants...
- Meningitis due to Enterobacter aerogenes subsequent to resection of an acoustic neuroma and abdominal fat graft to the mastoidFida A Khan
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV26505, USA
Braz J Infect Dis 8:386-8. 2004..A patient with acoustic neuroma resection, who developed bacterial meningitis from an abdominal fat pad graft to a mastoidectomy bed is described. A brief overview was made of post-neurosurgical Gram-negative meningitis...
- Effects of clomipramine on self-control choice in Lewis and Fischer 344 ratsKaren G Anderson
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 80:387-93. 2005..The present findings suggest that differences in delay discounting/impulsive choice may involve genetic, e.g., neurochemical, differences...
- Recent African derivation of Chrysomya putoria from C. chloropyga and mitochondrial DNA paraphyly of cytochrome oxidase subunit one in blowflies of forensic importanceJ D Wells
Department of Biology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
Med Vet Entomol 18:445-8. 2004..Maximum parsimony analysis indicated paraphyletic C. chloropyga mtDNA with C. putoria nested therein. Based on these and previously published data, we infer that C. putoria diverged very recently from C. chloropyga...
- Components of quality: competence, leadership, teamwork, continuing learning and serviceJames M Shumway
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Med Teach 26:397-9. 2004
- Intervening as a passenger in drinking/driving situationsMary Jane Smith
West Virginia University School of Nursing, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, PO Box 9640, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Appl Nurs Res 17:142-9. 2004..Passenger interventions included persuading, interfering, planning ahead, and threatening. Practice, education, and research implications for those who work with adolescents are offered...
- Liver-iron assay by MRIDiego R Martin
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Lancet 363:341-2. 2004
- Physical characteristics that predict functional performance in Division I college football playersD Scott Davis
Division of Physical Therapy, Department of Human Performance and Exercise Science, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
J Strength Cond Res 18:115-20. 2004..6-m sprint and 18.3-m shuttle run. The results of this investigation will help strength and conditioning specialists better understand the variables that predict athletic performance in Division I college football players...
- Keyhole limpet hemocyanin, a novel immune stimulant with promising anticancer activity in Barrett's esophageal adenocarcinomaDavid W McFadden
Department of Surgery, Robert C Byrd Health Science Center, West Virginia University, P O Box 9238, Morgantown, WV 26506 9238, USA
Am J Surg 186:552-5. 2003..We hypothesized that KLH would be effective against Barrett's esophageal adenocarcinoma in an in vitro model...
- Effect of obesity on health-related quality of life among Appalachian elderlyR Turner Goins
Center on Aging and Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
South Med J 96:552-7. 2003..Identifying factors among older adults that place them at risk for low health-related quality of life is important for targeting unmet health needs and guiding community efforts to help improve population health...
- The human temporal lobe integrates facial form and motion: evidence from fMRI and ERP studiesAina Puce
Brain Sciences Institute, Swinburne University of Technology, PO Box 218, Hawthorn, Victoria 3122, Australia
Neuroimage 19:861-9. 2003..Taken together, these data suggest that regions of temporal cortex actively integrate form and motion information-a process largely independent of low-level visual processes such as changes in local luminance and contrast...
- Enhancing treatment of bipolar disorder using the patient's belief systemEugene H Makela
Schools of Pharmacy and Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:543-5. 2003..To report a patient with bipolar disorder in whom elements of the patient's belief system were used to foster acceptance of medication treatment...
- Plant-cell bioreactors with simultaneous electropermeabilization and electrophoresisR Y K Yang
Bioreaction Engineering Laboratory, Department of Chemical Engineering, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506 6102, USA
J Biotechnol 100:13-22. 2003..Oscillatory application of electrical field appears to produce more products while retaining higher cell viability...
- Unprotected sex among African-American adolescents: a three-year studyXiaoming Li
Department of Pediatrics, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown 26506 9214, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 94:789-96. 2002..The findings indicate that face-to-face interventions may offer significant cumulative protection from unprotected sex over the long-term...
- Role of cytokines in healing chronic skin woundsC Nath
Department of Family Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506 9152, USA
Acta Haematol 99:175-9. 1998..Factors that may modulate the action of growth factors include electrical stimulation, weight bearing, debriding and ischemia...
- EXERCISE AND BLOOD PRESSURE IN CHILDREN: A META-ANALYSISGeorge Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2001..The investigators state that the results of this project will provide clarification regarding the role of exercise in reducing resting systolic and diastolic blood pressure in children and adolescents. ..
- Immunobiological Role of Fertilization Antigen(FA-1)RAJESH NAZ; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Aerobic Exercise and Cholesterol: A Meta-AnalysisGeorge Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGICAL ROLE OF FERTILIZATION ANTIGEN FA-1RAJESH NAZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..Besides enabling the PI to study the structure-function relationship, these studies will help them investigate the potential utility of the human recombinant FA-1 antigen is immunocontraception and immunoinfertility in humans. ..
- Aerobic Exercise, Diet and Cholesterol: A Meta-AnalysisGeorge A Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is important since one of the major goals of the Department of Health and Human Services is to increase the quality and years of healthy life. ..
- Cholesterol and copper affect learning and memoryBernard G Schreurs; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, reducing cholesterol levels may be as viable a means of reducing beta amyloid accumulation as it is in treating heart disease. ..
- Skeletal Muscle Microcirculation in Obese Zucker RatsJefferson Frisbee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cholesterol and copper affect learning and memoryBERNARD SCHREURS; Fiscal Year: 2007..With such a model, we may be able to help understand the role of beta amyloid in learning and memory and develop new and innovative approaches to the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Skeletal Muscle Microcirculation in Obese Zucker RatsJefferson Frisbee; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Cholesterol and copper affect learning and memoryBERNARD SCHREURS; Fiscal Year: 2009..With such a model, we may be able to help understand the role of beta amyloid in learning and memory and develop new and innovative approaches to the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- An animal model for developing treatments of PTSD core featuresBernard G Schreurs; Fiscal Year: 2010..The information obtained from the current proposal will be important for understanding and developing strategies to treat disorders where reactions to stressors are exaggerated as a result of traumatic experience. ..
- Conditioning-specific reflex modificationBERNARD SCHREURS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Toll-Like Receptor 3 Activation in AstrocytesGREGORY KONAT; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, because TLR3 can also be activated by RNA released from damaged cells, the outcomes of this study will also be applicable to neurodegenerative conditions of non-viral etiology. ..
- MYOD AND MYOGENIN IN MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY AND SARCOPENIASTEPHEN ALWAY; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Id2 REGULATION OF MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY IN AGINGSTEPHEN ALWAY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Snoring, Early Behavior, and Oxidant StressHAWLEY MONTGOMERY DOWNS; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, it may provide insights into a potential mechanism for this morbidity. ..
- Disability and American Indian ElderlyRUTH GOINS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding racial differences in the development and experience of disability will yield valuable information on how to reduce the health disparities currently faced by American Indian elders. ..
- Postpartum Sleep Deprivation and Fragmentation: Effects on Maternal FunctioningHAWLEY MONTGOMERY DOWNS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study results will help researchers develop better strategies for improving the sleep of new mothers, and in turn improving their ability to function effectively. ..
- Oral Health Disparities Among Elders With and Without Cognitive ImpairmentBei Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- NEUROENDOCRINE CONTROL OF SEASONALITYRobert L Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Development of a PEM-PET-CT Breast Imaging and Biopsy DeviceRAYMOND ROBERT RAYLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE This application proposes the continued development of a dedicated breast PET-CT system. This device could be instrumental in the detection, diagnosis and treatment assessment of breast cancer. ..
- WVU Injury Control Research CenterJames Helmkamp; Fiscal Year: 2007..As the state's land-grant flagship institution for both research and patient care, West Virginia University (WVU) is committed to improving the health and safety of West Virginians...
- The rpL7a in neuronal developmentJia Luo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, the studies will provide an important insight into the mechanisms of extra-ribosomal function of ribosomal proteins. ..
- Development of a PEM-PET-CT Breast Imaging and Biopsy DeviceRAYMOND RAYLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE This application proposes the continued development of a dedicated breast PET-CT system. This device could be instrumental in the detection, diagnosis and treatment assessment of breast cancer. ..
- Differential regulation of kisspeptin, dynorphin, and NKB in the same neuronsRobert Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, these studies may provide information important for the development of better treatments of these pathological disruptions of reproductive function. ..