Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Racial Differences in Treatment Decision-Making for Men with Clinically Localized Prostate Cancer: a Population-Based StudyJinping Xu
Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 48201, USA
J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 3:35-45. 2016..We surveyed black and white patients with localized prostate cancer (LPC) regarding their treatment decision-making processes to gain a better perspective on factors associated with LPC treatment choice...
- Patient perspective on watchful waiting/active surveillance for localized prostate cancerJinping Xu
Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:763-70. 2012..To describe prostate cancer treatment decision making, focusing on knowledge and attitudes toward observation, known as watchful waiting (WW) or active surveillance (AS), and reasons for not choosing WW/AS...
- Patient-clinician agreement on signs and symptoms of 'strep throat': a MetroNet studyJinping Xu
Department of Family Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Fam Pract 21:599-604. 2004..The accuracy of patients' report of signs and symptoms remains unknown...
- Men's perspectives on selecting their prostate cancer treatmentJinping Xu
Department of Family Medicine, Sciences, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 103:468-78. 2011..In the context of scientific uncertainty, treatment choices for localized prostate cancer vary, but reasons for this variation are unclear. We explored how black and white American men made their treatment decision...
- Natural history of menopause symptoms in primary care patients: a MetroNet studyJinping Xu
Division of Practice Based Research, Department of Family Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201 2153, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 18:374-82. 2005..The association between changes in menopausal status and menopause-related symptom reporting over the course of the menopause transition is not well understood, especially whether there are any racial differences in this association...
- Effect of antibiotics on vulvovaginal candidiasis: a MetroNet studyJinping Xu
Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences, Division of Practice Based Research, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 21:261-8. 2008..Vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) is believed common after systemic antibiotic therapy, yet few studies demonstrate this association. In this pilot study, we evaluate the effect of short-course oral antibiotic use on VVC...
- Screening for prostate cancer: who and how often?Kendra Schwartz
Department of Family Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 101 E Alexandrine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Fam Pract 54:586-96. 2005..Men with tumors with a Gleason score less than 5 are the best candidates for "watchful waiting," having a favorable 20-year survival...
- Clinical inquiries. How should you treat Candida vaginitis in patients on antibiotics?Jinping Xu
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
J Fam Pract 56:671-2. 2007