Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Hippocampus and amygdala in schizophrenia: assessment of the relationship of neuroanatomy to psychopathologyR Rajarethinam
Department of Psychiatry, PBMP, Wayne State University, 2751 E Jefferson, Suite 200, Room 265, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
Psychiatry Res 108:79-87. 2001..Our findings further support the role of the HAC in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and suggest unique associations between individual structures and specific symptoms of the illness...
- Reduced superior temporal gyrus volume in young offspring of patients with schizophreniaRajaprabhakaran Rajarethinam
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:1121-4. 2004..Nonpsychotic children with greater genetic risk for schizophrenia exhibit language deficits. The authors studied the superior temporal gyrus in nonpsychotic children at risk for schizophrenia...
- No difference in the prevalence of cavum septum pellucidum (CSP) between first-episode schizophrenia patients, offspring of schizophrenia patients and healthy controlsRajaprabhakaran Rajarethinam
Brain Research and Imaging Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 4201, St Antoine street, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Schizophr Res 103:22-5. 2008..We also did not find any influence of the sex or age in the presence or size of CSP. Our data cast doubt on the significance of CSP as markers of neurodevelopmental pathology in schizophrenia...
- Prevalence of cavum septum pellucidum in schizophrenia studied with MRIR Rajarethinam
Schizophrenia Research Program, University of Michigan Hospitals, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, 48109, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Schizophr Res 48:201-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: Higher incidence of CSP may reflect a neurodevelopmental disturbance in schizophrenia...
- Psychopathology among offspring of parents with schizophrenia: relationship to premorbid impairmentsMatcheri Keshavan
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 4201, St Antoine Blvd, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Schizophr Res 103:114-20. 2008..We examined the prevalence and correlates of psychopathology in an ongoing study of offspring genetically at risk for schizophrenia...
- Caudate volume in offspring of patients with schizophreniaRajaprabhakaran Rajarethinam
Department of Psychiatry, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 4201 St Antoine Street UHC 9B, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Br J Psychiatry 191:258-9. 2007..1% respectively in 50 offspring without psychosis of patients with schizophrenia compared with 53 age- and gender-matched controls, providing new evidence that caudate volume reduction may be a trait-related abnormality in schizophrenia...
- Premorbid indicators and risk for schizophrenia: a selective review and updateMatcheri S Keshavan
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 4201 St Antoine, Suite 9B, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Schizophr Res 79:45-57. 2005..Collectively, such data may help us to predict the eventual emergence of schizophrenia, and schizophrenia spectrum or non-spectrum psychopathology...
- Use of aripiprazole in tardive dyskinesia: an open label study of six casesRajaprabhakaran Rajarethinam
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:416-9. 2009..The results need to be viewed with caution and not considered as indicative of a viable treatment option for TD as this is an open label study, and a small sample size...
- Verbal fluency deficits and altered lateralization of language brain areas in individuals genetically predisposed to schizophreniaTejas S Bhojraj
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Schizophr Res 115:202-8. 2009..Volumetric deficits and altered asymmetry in inferior parietal and Heschl's gyrii may accompany genetic liability to schizophrenia...
- Cortical surface characteristics among offspring of schizophrenia subjectsKonasale M Prasad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Schizophr Res 116:143-51. 2010..We examined these measures obtained on structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans at baseline and one year on a series of offspring of schizophrenia parents and healthy subjects...
- Augmentation of clozapine partial responders with conventional antipsychoticsRajaprabhakaran Rajarethinam
Schizophr Res 60:97-8. 2003