B S Jacobs
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Stroke in the young in the northern Manhattan stroke studyBradley S Jacobs
Wayne State University Detroit Medical Center Comprehensive Stroke Program, Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Stroke 33:2789-93. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine stroke incidence rates in these populations and to compare rates among various race-ethnic, sex, and age groups...
- Improved quality of stroke care for hospitalized Medicare beneficiaries in MichiganBradley S Jacobs
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Stroke 36:1227-31. 2005..We investigated whether these and other measures improved after a quality improvement initiative...
- Quality of hospital care in African American and white patients with ischemic stroke and TIAB S Jacobs
Comprehensive Stroke Program, Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Neurology 66:809-14. 2006..To examine whether differences exist in the in-hospital diagnostic evaluation and treatment of African American and white patients with ischemic stroke (IS) and TIA...
- Implications of the Leapfrog Initiative for carotid endarterectomy in MichiganMohammad F Sunbulli
Department of Neurology and Stroke Program, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Neurology 63:590-1. 2004
- Stroke trials: what have we learned?Ramesh Madhavan
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Neurol Res 24:S27-32. 2002..Studies in communities utilizing intravenous tPA for stroke illustrate the need for close adherence to the NINDS study protocol or else the risk of tPA use may exceed the benefits...
- Closing gaps between evidence-based stroke care guidelines and practices with a collaborative quality improvement projectStacey Stoeckle-Roberts
American Heart Association, Greater Midwest Affiliate, Southfield, Michigan, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 32:517-27. 2006..Michigan's prototype of the Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry revealed improvement opportunities in acute stroke care...
- Detection of carotid stenosis in African Americans with ischemic heart diseaseKumar Rajamani
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:1162-5. 2006..This study was conducted to define the frequency of internal carotid stenosis in African American patients with ischemic heart disease (IHD)...
- Lipid testing and lipid-lowering therapy in hospitalized ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack patients: results from a statewide stroke registryAndrew J Mullard
Department of Epidemiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Stroke 37:44-9. 2006..This study describes use of and predictors for in-hospital lipid testing and LLT using data from a statewide stroke registry...
- Acute ischemic stroke in hospitalized medicare patients: evaluation and treatmentCanopy Roychoudhury
Michigan Peer Review Organization, Plymouth, Mich 48170, USA
Stroke 35:e22-3. 2004..This study describes several quality indicators of care in hospitalized stroke patients in Michigan from 1998 to 1999...
- Effect of pretreatment with statins on ischemic stroke outcomesMathew J Reeves
Department of Epidemiology, Michigan State University, B601 West Fee Hall, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Stroke 39:1779-85. 2008..Our objectives were to examine the effects of pretreatment with statins on poor outcome in IS patients...
- Statins, low cholesterol, and hemorrhagic stroke: an uncertain triangleBradley S Jacobs
Neurology 70:2355-6. 2008