Elisabeth I Heath
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- New targets in the management of prostate cancerElisabeth I Heath
Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, 4100 John R, 4 HWCRC, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 20:985-99, xi. 2006..Efficient trial design, appropriate selection of correlative markers,and close toxicity monitoring will help improve our ability to identify promising novel agents...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the effect of repeated oral doses of pazopanib on cardiac conduction in patients with solid tumorsElisabeth I Heath
Division of Hematology Oncology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, 4100 John R, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 71:565-73. 2013....
- A phase I pharmacokinetic and safety evaluation of oral pazopanib dosing administered as crushed tablet or oral suspension in patients with advanced solid tumorsElisabeth I Heath
Department of Oncology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, 4100 John R, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:1566-74. 2012..These changes in pharmacokinetic parameters were not associated with increases in the magnitude or duration of short-term (ie, up to 72 h) blood pressure elevation compared with whole-tablet administration...
- Theoretical and practical application of traditional and accelerated titration Phase I clinical trial designs: the Wayne State University experienceElisabeth I Heath
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Wayne State University, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biopharm Stat 19:414-23. 2009..The theoretical advantages and disadvantages of both Phase I trial designs did not readily emerge in their actual application in clinical trials conducted at our institution...
- The effect of race/ethnicity on the accuracy of the 2001 Partin Tables for predicting pathologic stage of localized prostate cancerElisabeth I Heath
Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Wayne State University, 4100 John R, 4 HWCRC, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Urology 71:151-5. 2008..To test the accuracy of the 2001 Partin Tables in African American men who underwent radical prostatectomy at multiple centers throughout the United States...
- A phase 1 study of BMS-275183, a novel oral analogue of paclitaxel given on a daily schedule to patients with advanced malignanciesElisabeth I Heath
Wayne State University Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Invest New Drugs 29:1426-31. 2011..The present study was designed to: (i) assess the safety and tolerability of BMS-275183, and (ii) determine a suitable Phase II dose of BMS-275183 when given on a continuous daily schedule to patients with advanced solid tumor(s)...
- A phase 1 study of SNS-032 (formerly BMS-387032), a potent inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinases 2, 7 and 9 administered as a single oral dose and weekly infusion in patients with metastatic refractory solid tumorsElisabeth I Heath
Wayne State University Karmanos Cancer Institute, 4100 John R, 4HWCRC, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Invest New Drugs 26:59-65. 2008..The secondary objective was to assess the safety and tolerability of SNS-032 and to evaluate its bioavailability as an oral solution...
- A phase I study of the pharmacokinetic and safety profiles of oral pazopanib with a high-fat or low-fat meal in patients with advanced solid tumorsE I Heath
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 88:818-23. 2010..Therefore, pazopanib should be administered to patients in the fasted state so as to minimize within- and between-day variability in the systemic exposure to pazopanib in patients with cancer...
- A phase II trial of 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin in patients with hormone-refractory metastatic prostate cancerElisabeth I Heath
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7940-6. 2008..A two-stage phase II study was conducted to assess the activity and toxicity profile of 17-AAG administered to patients with metastatic, hormone-refractory prostate cancer...
- Secondary chemoprevention of Barrett's esophagus with celecoxib: results of a randomized trialElisabeth I Heath
Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:545-57. 2007....
- Phase II, parallel-design study of preoperative combined modality therapy and the matrix metalloprotease (mmp) inhibitor prinomastat in patients with esophageal adenocarcinomaElisabeth I Heath
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Invest New Drugs 24:135-40. 2006..The objectives of the trial were to determine pathologic complete response rate (pCR), overall response rate, progression-free survival, pattern of disease relapse, and two-year and overall survival...
- A phase II trial of 17-allylamino-17- demethoxygeldanamycin in patients with hormone-refractory metastatic prostate cancerElisabeth I Heath
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Clin Prostate Cancer 4:138-41. 2005
- Sunitinib in combination with paclitaxel plus carboplatin in patients with advanced solid tumors: phase I study resultsElisabeth I Heath
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:703-12. 2011..To evaluate the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), safety, and antitumor activity of sunitinib combined with paclitaxel and carboplatin...
- Phase II study of gefitinib, an epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor (EGFR-TKI), and celecoxib, a cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor, in patients with platinum refractory non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Shirish M Gadgeel
Karmanos Cancer Institute Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Thorac Oncol 2:299-305. 2007....
- Effect of coadministration of ketoconazole, a strong CYP3A4 inhibitor, on pharmacokinetics and tolerability of motesanib diphosphate (AMG 706) in patients with advanced solid tumorsPatricia LoRusso
Karmanos Cancer Institute, 4100 John R, 4 HWCRC, Detroit, MI, 48201, USA
Invest New Drugs 26:455-62. 2008..Hypertension was the most common related grade 3 event (21%). No grade 4 or 5 treatment-related adverse events occurred...
- Phase II trial of docetaxel chemotherapy in patients with incurable adenocarcinoma of the esophagusElisabeth I Heath
Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Invest New Drugs 20:95-9. 2002..The objective of this trial was to determine the complete and partial response rate of docetaxel in patients with incurable adenocarcinoma of the esophagus...
- A phase I dose-escalation study of oral BR-DIM (BioResponse 3,3'- Diindolylmethane) in castrate-resistant, non-metastatic prostate cancerElisabeth I Heath
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Transl Res 2:402-11. 2010....
- Conatumumab: a novel monoclonal antibody against death receptor 5 for the treatment of advanced malignancies in adultsMadhuri Bajaj
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:1519-24. 2011..Conatumumab is an investigational, fully human monoclonal agonist antibody directed at human death receptor DR5, which is expressed in multiple advanced cancers...
- Angiogenesis inhibitors in the treatment of prostate cancerClara Hwang
Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, CFP 559, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Hematol Oncol 3:26. 2010..Ultimately, the fate of anti-angiogenic agents in prostate cancer rests on the eagerly anticipated results of several key phase III studies...
- Patient, companion, and oncologist agreement regarding information discussed during triadic oncology clinical interactionsSusan Eggly
Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Psychooncology 22:637-45. 2013..We also investigated the effect of topic on agreement and patient/companion self-reported understanding of discussions...
- Malignant undifferentiated sex cord-stromal testis tumor with brain metastasis: case reportPriya G Kumaravelu
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Urol Oncol 26:53-5. 2008..To our knowledge, undifferentiated sex cord-stromal tumor with brain metastasis has not been reported. As with any new onset neurologic deficits in patients with solid tumors, the presence of brain metastases should be considered...
- Results from a prostate cancer admixture mapping study in African-American menCathryn Hufford Bock
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Hum Genet 126:637-42. 2009..In conclusion, we confirmed ancestry associations on 8q24, and identified additional ancestry-associated regions potentially harboring prostate cancer susceptibility loci...
- The design of a randomized, placebo-controlled trial of celecoxib in preprostatectomy men with clinically localized adenocarcinoma of the prostateElisabeth I Heath
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Clin Prostate Cancer 1:182-7. 2002
- Postesophagectomy morbidity, mortality, and length of hospital stay after preoperative chemoradiation therapyJohn R Doty
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:227-31; discussion 231. 2002..Whether preoperative therapy increases postesophagectomy morbidity and mortality has not been determined. This study evaluates our postoperative results after chemoradiation therapy...
- A phase I safety and pharmacologic study of a twice weekly dosing regimen of the oral taxane BMS-275183Linda E Bröker
VU University Medical Center, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 13:3906-12. 2007..Additionally, the pharmacokinetics and possible antitumor activity were studied...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 target genes as indicators of tumor vessel response to vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitionDuyen T Dang
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cancer Res 68:1872-80. 2008..The data further show that DPP4 is a novel marker of HIF-1 induction. Altogether, these preclinical findings suggest novel clinical trials for predicting and monitoring tumor vessel responses to antiangiogenic therapy...