R S Woodward
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Reduced uncertainty as a diagnostic benefit: an initial assessment of somatostatic receptor scintigraphy's value in detecting distant metastases of carcinoid liver tumoursR S Woodward
Health Administration Program, School of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Health Econ 7:149-60. 1998..An illustrative risk-averse utility function changed the optimum treatment from surgery to chemotherapy and increased scintigraphy's benefit by 500%...
- A new product pricing model using intracorporate market perceptions to extract the value of additional informationR S Woodward
Pharmacoeconomic Transplant Research Group, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 14:71-7. 1998..This model introduces a unique and inexpensive technique to estimate profit increases that might be expected from: (i) an additional clinical trial to establish a drug's second clinical indication; and (ii) a survey of market demand...
- Effect of extended coverage of immunosuppressive medications by medicare on the survival of cadaveric renal transplantsR S Woodward
The Health Administration Program, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Transplant 1:69-73. 2001..001). During the 1995-97 period, during which Medicare provided 3 years' immunosuppression coverage, the low-income and high-income groups had equivalent graft survival at 3 years post-transplant...
- The economic implications of HLA matching in cadaveric renal transplantationM A Schnitzler
Pharmaco economic Transplant Research, Health Administration Program, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
N Engl J Med 341:1440-6. 1999....
- Cytomegalovirus and HLA-A, B, and DR locus interactions: impact on renal transplant graft survivalM A Schnitzler
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 30:766-71. 1997..We conclude that further study of renal transplants with these combinations of cytomegalovirus and HLA loci is needed to determine whether the observed interactions should be taken into consideration when matching donors with recipients...
- Economics of the antithymocyte globulins Thymoglobulin and Atgam in the treatment of acute renal transplant rejectionM A Schnitzler
Pharmaco economic Transplant Research, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 17:287-93. 2000....
- The economic impact of preservation time in cadaveric liver transplantationM A Schnitzler
Pharmaco economic Transplant Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Am J Transplant 1:360-5. 2001..We conclude that policies that increase preservation time may be expected to increase the cost of liver transplantation...
- The Impact of Medicare's lifetime immunosuppression coverage on racial disparities in kidney graft survivalT F Page
Department of Health Policy and Management, Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA
Am J Transplant 12:1519-27. 2012..The results of the study suggest that insurance coverage of medication did not eliminate or reduce the racial disparity in graft survival...
- Criteria for outpatient management of proximal lower extremity deep venous thrombosisR D Yusen
Department of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Chest 115:972-9. 1999..To develop and to evaluate selection criteria for outpatient management of deep venous thrombosis (DVT)...