Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Variation over time in preventable hospitalization rates across countiesWalton Sumner
Department of Internal Medicine and General Medical Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:639-46. 2011..Quality indicators vary across counties, but variation over time has not been described...
- Health and life insurance as an alternative to malpractice tort lawWalton Sumner
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 10:150. 2010..Tort law could be counterproductive in medicine, encouraging costly defensive practices that harm some patients, restricting access to care in some settings and discouraging innovation...
- Family physicians' completion of scoring criteria in Virtual Patient encountersWalton Sumner
Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2011:1355-60. 2011..Asthma MCQ content affects Diplomate performance on asthma VP: this translational step suggests that MOC exercises could result in improved care for real patients...
- Diuretic of choice in ABFM hypertension self-assessment module simulationsMichael D Hagen
American Board of Family Medicine, Lexington, KY 40511, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:805-9. 2012....
- Adding flexible temporal constraints to identify chronic comorbid conditions in ambulatory claims dataWalton Sumner
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2014:1088-97. 2014..The contrast between rarely recorded, high prevalence diagnoses (smoking and obesity) and frequently recorded but not necessarily chronic diagnoses (musculoskeletal complaints) demonstrated the advantage of flexible temporal criteria. ..
- Using county-level public health data to prioritize medical education topicsWalton Sumner
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 28:197-204. 2008..Medical education topics might be locally prioritized using public health data on health outcomes and risk factors unrelated to quality of care...